Cut chicken in to chicken strips. In one bowl mixed shredded coconut powder (unsweetened), some sea salt, some parsley, and some oregano. In another bowl mix some eggs and egg yolks (1:1). Dip the raw chicken strips in the egg mix then roll it the coconut mix until fully covered. Bake at 325F until it turns a nice golden brown colour.
So I have been studying the bulletproof diet for a while and found it very effective. Nevertheless for spiritual reasons I don't eat meat or eggs, because they are not Sattvic energy and therefore cannot really be part of my diet. For the most part everything else is very accurate in the bulletproof diet so I wanted to share my diet for all aspiring Bulletproof Yogis/Vegetarians.
I'm eating the following things:
Grass-Fed Milk Protein ( https://foodin.fi/kauppa/grassfed-niittyheraproteiini-suklaa-luomu-500g.html )
Let me know what you think
I'm doing full Bulletproof IF, with maybe bone broth for "lunch", and a good high fat dinner with veggies etc.
I've been monitoring my blood glucose and ketone levels anywhere up to 10-times a day, out of curiosity.
A few things i've noticed:-
- My morning "true fasting" (before coffee) level after a brisk walk to my office is about 0.7 to 1.5mmoL for ketones (0.7 this morning, but we went to a friends for dinner last night and had dessert which was not bulletproof, so not surprised if that dropped a little).
- My morning "true fasting" blood glucose anywhere from 4.5mmoL to 5.5mmoL - which is higher than i get for fasting on a "regular" diet.
I'm quite happy with this since it means i'm in true ketosis and
During the day, some interesting things happen.
- Blood ketones can get up to 3.0mmoL, but are usually somewhere in the 1-2mmoL range - probably because i'm refeeding regularly.
- Blood sugar can get as low as 3.5mmol, but i can usually tell when this is, and it's often when ketones are very high. I seem to recall that ketones boost insulin sensitivity, so perhaps that's why?
A few things that obviously boost ketones outside of these ranges (to either bring back ketosis, or boost ketone levels further):-
- Bulletproof coffee (obviously) - always a solid 1mmoL jump in ketones 30-60 mins afterwards (time varies on factors i haven't measured).
- Get Some Ice Cream - this is like ketone rocket fuel!!! I once went from 0.7 to 2.4mmoL ketones shortly after eating this stuff. Amazing.
I'm not sure this is necessarily good for burning bodyfat (since there's so much dietary fat), but certainly trains the body to use fat for fuel, and not want to hang on to excess stores of it.
Get some ice cream has almost a nootropic effect for me!!!
It's absolutely amazing. It also helped me curb a bad habit of vanilla icecream cheat food i'd consume all too regularly, and drop out of ketosis (not to mention everything else it did... even though it was very high quality (40% cream etc) since it was commercial food and full of sugar, it was something i really needed to kick).
Anyway, nothing really scientific here, just some interesting observations from regular blood testing of ketones.
I will probably start monitoring what i'm doing more closely soon.