Shock! Saturated Fat 'isn't Bad For Your Heart (Study)

katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
edited March 2014 in Bulletproof Diet

Saturated fat 'ISN'T bad for your heart:

Major study questions decades of dietary advice​ Guidelines urging people to avoid fat to stave off heart disease 'are wrong'

article-2582867-1C5E587300000578-77_306x

•  
  • • There is no evidence of a link between saturated fat and heart disease
  • • Healthy polyunsaturated fats also do not reduce heart disease risk
  • • A dairy fat 'significantly reduces' heart disease risk
  •  

By JENNY HOPE MEDICAL CORRESPONDENT

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2582867/Saturated-fat-DOESNT-cause-heart-disease-all.html#ixzz2wJ5Jt8CT 

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

Comments

• I am having a hard time convincing anyone I know otherwise, despite such studies being published.  :mad:

• edited March 2014

Just saw this on another keto- based website.

I am having a hard time convincing anyone I know otherwise, despite such studies being published.  :mad:

The easiest way for me  to get across people like that is to say something along the lines of  " the type of fat is what truly matters, not the amount" 

• Gotta love the DailyMail :)

• Just one hour ago I was searching for this study here in the forums! I didn't find it, because I searched for the author only, as is usual. For future reference here's the full citation and link to the paper:

Rajiv Chowdhury, Samantha Warnakula, Setor Kunutsor, Francesca Crowe, Heather A. Ward, Laura Johnson, Oscar H. Franco, Adam S. Butterworth, Nita G. Forouhi, Simon G. Thompson, Kay-Tee Khaw, Dariush Mozaffarian, John Danesh, Emanuele Di Angelantonio; Association of Dietary, Circulating, and Supplement Fatty Acids With Coronary RiskA Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2014 Mar;160(6):398-406. 

http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=1846638