Vegetables In Smoothies

124»

Comments

• Spirulina powder, coconut milk, Cocoa powder, frozen blueberries, with collagen or whey protein powder. You can also throw a little MCT oil in there if you want. It's really good. Spirulina Manna is my favorite. I also sweeten it with stevia.

http://www.iherb.com/HealthForce-Nutritionals-Spirulina-Manna-Nature-s-Best-Protein-Powder-16-oz-1-lb-453-5-g/19294

The serving size is a tablespoon, but I usually only put 1 tsp in or the taste gets over powering.
  • SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016

Let's talk about smoothies.

What have you made recently?

My smoothie today included: 2 small avocados, kale, a huge cucumber, 2 scoops of collagen, 1 cup of unsweetened full-fat greek yogurt, chia and hemp seeds, ginger, blackstrap molasses and frozen apples. This resulted in an enormous smoothie that took me about an hour to drink.

Tomorrow's will probably be: Cucumber, carrot, celery, kale, greek yogurt, hemp + chia, ginger, molasses and apples. Maybe some strawberries, too.

For those of you who make large smoothies: How long does it take you to finish them?

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

My most recent smoothie: 500ml water, one big avocado, one banana, 30gr whey (yes I ruined it), 20ml XCT oil, 1 tsp coconut oil, cinnamon, 1/2 tsp maca, 1/2 tsp ashwagandha, 1gr vitC, 150mg magnesium malate.

I have to pace myself not to finish it within one minute because it tastes so damn good. Would probably take longer if I added vegetables.

• The last smoothie I made was a cup of water, 20 grams of vanilla whey, 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries, 1/2 cup frozen pineapple, and ice.

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

Let's talk about smoothies.

What have you made recently?

My smoothie today included: 2 small avocados, kale, a huge cucumber, 2 scoops of collagen, 1 cup of unsweetened full-fat greek yogurt, chia and hemp seeds, ginger, blackstrap molasses and frozen apples. This resulted in an enormous smoothie that took me about an hour to drink.

Tomorrow's will probably be: Cucumber, carrot, celery, kale, greek yogurt, hemp + chia, ginger, molasses and apples. Maybe some strawberries, too.

For those of you who make large smoothies: How long does it take you to finish them?

By the way, you just put a chunk of ginger in there? Or is it dried ground ginger?

By the way, you just put a chunk of ginger in there? Or is it dried ground ginger?

I've done both, but for now I'm using powdered ginger for convenience. When I use fresh, I tend to cut it up really small, into chip-shaped bits, to ensure an even blend. I prefer fresh, organic ginger, but the convenience of the powdered stuff can't be beat.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

• Kale, Wheatgrass, chlorella  ,Spirunla are the main greens i use in my smoothies, i find they do wonders for my skin.

Watch my Stand Up Comedy Video online :)

Please Subscribe to my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQI92eERrCc

• Baby bok choy is a good veg to add to smoothies. The taste is usually masked pretty well by berries. Also, a little bit of fennel can be good.

• I recently added CAULIFLOWER to a smoothie recipe of mine.... SO FRIGGIN good!!!!

http://gigieatscelebrities.com/dairy-free-cauliflower-pumpkin-smoothie/

(The brown balls are "cake balls" from another recipe I made) 

Smoothie-Challenge-Smoothie.jpg?03a0f1

edited March 2016

Cauliflower?? I dunno, that sounds kinda foul... Certainly an adventurous choice, though. And I guess the picture looks pretty good.

• I am munching down a green shake right now! nom nom nom.

1/2 can coconut milk

steamed kale

cilantro

parsley

cinammon

teaspoon and a 1/2 of Apple cider vinager

Real Salt

shredded coconut

blend..... enjoy.

• I blend in cacao nibs with whatever I'm using for vegetables and berries and it leaves a bit of a chocolate taste with a chewy texture.

• Has anyone tried wheatgrass juice powder in your smoothies? If so, what do you think? I have been messing around with the Garden of Life brand and it's tasty so far.

Resurrecting this zombie of a thread!

I finally bit the bullet and picked up a VitaMix blender a few days ago. I used it for the first time today and I have to say it's the best $300 I've spent in ages. I wish I'd done it sooner.

Today's smoothie was:
    Kale
    Ginger
    Blueberries
    Celery

It was delicious.

To the few users who remain on this wasteland of a forum-- What've you been blending up lately?

• Hi Skeletor! I haven't looked at this forum in ages. Sometimes still reminisce about the "good old days" of 2015-2016.

Is the Vitamix hard to clean? I have an old Ninja blender that takes so long to clean that it's not worth the effort. Easier to just eat the vegetables normally.

Hey, Tycho! Hope all is well.

No, the Vitamix is pretty easy to clean. I've used it 3 or 4 times now and the clean-up has been simple. I rinse the thing out and then fill it with warm water and a little dish soap. I then let it blend for a minute or two at the highest speed. After that, I give it a quick pass with a sponge and it's all done. Takes only a few minutes. My old blenders had to be taken apart and re-assembled. This thing is one solid piece. It's early days yet, but I'm in love with it.

• edited December 6

@Skeletor said:
    Resurrecting this zombie of a thread!

I finally bit the bullet and picked up a VitaMix blender a few days ago. I used it for the first time today and I have to say it's the best $300 I've spent in ages. I wish I'd done it sooner.

I don't have a Vitamix, but my Blendtec, purchased 3 years ago, is awesome. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

I tried telling people how great of an investment it is - to which I'm met with your typical "It's only expensive because of the brand status associated with it. People buy it to fit in." While there are certainly tons of overpriced products out there, the chief among which are the Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, the Blendtec and Vitamix are more along the lines of Bose headphones: expensive because of top-notch quality.

124»