Nootropic Confusion

I am struggling with issues around focusing and attention. Sometimes my brain just doesn't feel "there" and I feel I need a "jolt" of something. The perfect thing for me has been Adderral, but I suspect that it is not great for my brain and worry that I'm destroying neurons when I use it.  

So after reading all these threads, I obtained some Pramiracetam   and took 5 grams all at once. I immediately felt a bit nauseous and headachy. Felt a little bit of a rush, but didn't last long and didn't have nearly the same positive effect that I get from Adderral, which is a feeling of just being energized, focused, alert and engaged. 

I suspect either I took this in the wrong amount or I'm doing something else wrong. Would welcome people's thoughts and suggestions. This as all quite new to me. 

Comments

• Five grams is an insane mega-dose.  I would take fifty times less than that.  Fortunately for you, racetams are non-toxic so you get to live.  Do not make this mistake with other drugs, or it could kill you!

• 5g is insane.  I get super robotic focus from 300mg and could probably use less.  

This post makes me realize that these drugs may not stay legal forever.

• hybridhybrid Cateye vs Isolation

Nobody told me that you have to be smart to take smart drugs, that would have been the best advice haha

Working with smart drugs is not easy if you want to play around, you really have to take basic advice from someone who knows what you are doing. Nowhere on the internet dose it recommend you take 5g of this stuff.

If your issue is focus, I highly recommend you get some of the HRV training stuff, whether it the emwave or the inner balance sensor.

Have you tried BPCoffee yet?

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

They'll probably stay legal but become prescription in more countries. Piracetam is already a prescription drug in Australia :-(

• I could of sworn I read on this site somewhere that they used 5 grams. Yikes, very helpful.

Yes, I do bullet proof coffee and a bit of HRV, but doesn't help me too much. My brain just generally feels slowed down, except when I'm in deep ketosis, which, in spite of a low carb, ketogenic diet, I'm aging trouble reaching that level very often.

Which of the racetams would people most recommend for what I'm lookign for. Sounds like Pramiracetam might be the strongest, am I right? Do they all do basically  the same thing or does aniracetam have a different feel to it? 

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

They'll probably stay legal but become prescription in more countries. Piracetam is already a prescription drug in Australia :sad:

And most (probably whole) Europe. God forbid we enhance our brains. They prescribe it for elderly people with serious dementia. :( 

Absolutely no prevention.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• I obtained some Pramiracetam   and took 5 grams all at once

========================

I strongly, strongly, STRONGLY suggest you research the compounds before you take. Taking 5 grams was potentially dangerous not to mention expensive. But hey, we all make mistakes...

Trying to find something similar to Adderall is going to be tough. It is comprised of amphetamine salts, which are highly stimulatory. 

Have you tried CILTeP? Might be worth a try if you have some spare money laying around. Lions mane might be another option. 

Although racetams are rather "tame" in the stimulating sense, the personal interactions vary widely. Pramiracetam may do nothing for you, but coluracetam is perfect.

Therefore, give phenylpiracetam, coluracetam, and noopept a try.... with the right doses and one at a time!

• I am feeling crappy today. Started yesterday afternoon after I took my 2nd 2 caps of Piracetam at 800 mg each. They came from Life Extension and are made by Cognitive Nutrition. The directions say to take 2-3 caps up to 4x per day. If you did the high end of their rec dose you'd take 9.6 grams!

Chances are very good that robin did see some ref to taking 5 grams ( although probably not all at once ).
  • Pramiracetam is different than Piracetam.

It's all relative.

• Pramiracetam is different than Piracetam.

Oops. Maybe that's how Robin got screwed up too.

Thanks!
  • I think so.

I've taken 4.8 grams of Piracetam, daily, for a month, and was fine.

I've never taken more than 200mgs of Pramiracetam, have only taken it a few times and was fine.

It's all relative.

• @brainstorm11: have you taken coluracetam? What are you personal experiences? There are a lot of mixed reviews floating around (see Examine.com's article).

• GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence

5g of Pramiracetam is....way...way too much LOL!

The only racetam that I ever megadosed was Piracetam and it was only to see if you could really take "any" amount of it. Took 18g in the course of a hour and a half and then had a great day driving around listening to breakbeats while my friend worked and I studied.

As mentioned earlier in this thread research the nootropics you are considering taking completely. Research them before you order so you can find the right nootropic for you, research as you order so you can ensure whomever you are ordering from is a reliable and reputable source, and continue to research after receiving it to see what all you can do to maximize your potential.

• @brainstorm11: have you taken coluracetam? What are you personal experiences? There are a lot of mixed reviews floating around (see Examine.com's article).

======

Generally I've had positive experiences with coluracetam. It definitely helps with anxiety and has a similar (but more pronounced) effect as aniracetam.

In general, the body can adapt rather well to most racetams. There are obviously limits, but at extreme racetam doses, your body just churns through it and renders it inactive. There can be side effects that are negative, but in general a lot of mega-doses don't do all that much more than waste money. Obviously be careful and avoid mega dosing, but just looking at anecdotal reports from adventurous people can shed some light on the topic.