Help Please! Not Losing Weight On The Rapid Fat-Loss Protcol

first I'll paste what I posted on the tread from the blog post. 

posted March 6 2014:

On Saturday I will be on my 2nd feed day on this protocol. I haven't been all that hungry so much as just missing eating things. 

am unsure how much weight I have lost so far as I forgot to weigh myself before starting. However the morning of my last feed day I was 224lbs,given what I have been hovering around I guess I could have lost anywhere between 5 to 10 lbs the first week although I'm leaning towards less than more.

Hopefully it's coming off but it just doesn't feel like it.

On exercise, I do a little over an hour of northern mantis kung 4 days a week. I'm wondering if I should supplement with a bit of whey protein isolate.

my eventual goal weight is somewhere around 170 or so.then posted on March 8th 2014:

2nd week and 2nd feed day. 
checking the scale this morning was a gut punch, only down to 222lbs, perhaps 221. need to check the average of the number of timesI tried because I didn't believe it. 
I have noted that I am not defecating much if at all with the charcoal i'm taking.(4 pills twice a day following the example day) 
will probably stick to this one more week but if I don't see some movement I guess I'm going to have to give something else a try.

on the third week wed march 12 was my niece's bday and ate out with them. did IF so only the one meal consisting of grass fed beef, sweet potato, salad with blue cheese, then a piece of cheesecake and about a 1/2 a glass of beer.

then on Friday had dinner out and 2 beers plus a car-bomb. 

saturday was a normal reefed day. 

Monday the 17th St Patrick's day full RFLP for the day plus kung fu then had wings + ~ 3 beers then probably 5 charcoal pills before bed. 

the rest of week 4 has been strict RFLP along with kung fu every weekday along with a couple of kettlebell workouts. 

as of today March 22 2014 I am still at 221lbs. so far along with bpcoffee i've had 3 eggs over easy, and yam-fries (cut yam into f-fry shape then roll in coconut oil, sprinkle with sea salt then cook in convection over for ~20min)

aside from what I have already typed the only variations from the protocol is that I have been using Now foods Glutathione 250mg pills, non BP branded coffee, and Lorazopam 1mg plus Now melatonin for sleep. 

also I have a 150w led light that I am trying to used for mitochondria stimulation. 

after 4 weeks while I have noticed some, not a lot, of changes as far as my face/neck looking a tad leaner I have not noticed much change. 

I am going to try the BP brand beans + the BP glutathione and maybe colagen but given my results so far I am not all that optimistic.

this is incredibly discouraging.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Tagged:

Comments

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭
    edited March 2014

You just wrote about all the food you ate on non-refeed days. So, you are not doing the rapid fat-loss protocol. 

Beyond that, if you weigh yourself after a refeed day the scale will be much higher. Drinking is not a good idea, as you need your liver to be busy processing fat, not alcohol.

My suggestion would be to switch to the regular BP diet, or to actually follow the protocol and not eat food on non refeed days. And on refeed days, to only eat approved foods. 

It's not clear how taxing your training is, but I wouldn't expect to be able to sustain any major exercise on the RFLP. 

• edited March 2014

You just wrote about all the food you ate on non-refeed days. So, you are not doing the rapid fat-loss protocol.

it was 3 days out of a month. saturdays are my reefed days. 

so I'll agree that week 3 was "blown" 

still 3 weeks no real weight loss. 

Beyond that, if you weigh yourself after a refeed day the scale will be much higher.

I am weighing myself on the morning of my re-feed days before consuming anything.

It's not clear how taxing your training is, but I wouldn't expect to be able to sustain any major exercise on the RFLP. 

I can definitely tell I'm in ketosis, breathe and scent wise, my situ tells me look tired but for the most part my energy is up.

Thanks for the reply.

• edited March 2014

How did your nutrition look like before doing the RFLP?

I had read and was following the suggestions from "The Calorie Myth", In fact , from that book to his appearances on the podcast is how I found out about BP site and protocols. 

I had been drinking BPstyle coffee about two weeks prior to starting the RFLP. Nutrition wise it was above average considering the american baseline but I wouldn't say it was bulletproof. 

• Bull of HeavenBull of Heaven ✭✭✭
    edited March 2014

For starters I would think that anyone doing the RFLP would want to really make sure that their refeed days are clean and to quote Dave's blogpost

(You need to eat as many sweet potatoes and other Bulletproof starchy tubers as you like. Eat a large amount of grass-fed meat, pastured eggs, and wild seafood for protein.)

My recommendation would be to eat BP 5 days out of the week, then do a Jason Hooper style detox(A day with just glutathione, digestive enzymes, activated charcoal, bentonite clay, and zeolite) or a RFLP day. Then do a carb refeed day where you pound sweet potatoes and yams.

I would also recommend tracking your macronutrients and developing a baseline for which you can start to experiment with.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• PARKERPARKER
    edited March 2014

Use your scales less frequently.  Get rid of the booze completely.  Be patient because it is not just about weight loss, but health also.  You may lose some fat and gain some muscle without even exercising, I did.  Rapid weight loss is less sustainable so the slower route would be my choice.  Keep your bowels moving daily, even if you have to add an herb like Slippery Elm and or Cascara Sagrada or a stool softener like Senna.  It makes no sense to do a "detox" only to get constipated and reabsorb the toxins. 

• first I'll paste what I posted on the tread from the blog post. 

posted March 6 2014:

on the third week wed march 12 was my niece's bday and ate out with them. did IF so only the one meal consisting of grass fed beef, sweet potato, salad with blue cheese, then a piece of cheesecake and about a 1/2 a glass of beer.

then on Friday had dinner out and 2 beers plus a car-bomb. 

saturday was a normal reefed day. 

Monday the 17th St Patrick's day full RFLP for the day plus kung fu then had wings + ~ 3 beers then probably 5 charcoal pills before bed. 

the rest of week 4 has been strict RFLP along with kung fu every weekday along with a couple of kettlebell workouts. 

as of today March 22 2014 I am still at 221lbs. so far along with bpcoffee i've had 3 eggs over easy, and yam-fries (cut yam into f-fry shape then roll in coconut oil, sprinkle with sea salt then cook in convection over for ~20min)

aside from what I have already typed the only variations from the protocol is that I have been using Now foods Glutathione 250mg pills, non BP branded coffee, and Lorazopam 1mg plus Now melatonin for sleep. 

also I have a 150w led light that I am trying to used for mitochondria stimulation. 

after 4 weeks while I have noticed some, not a lot, of changes as far as my face/neck looking a tad leaner I have not noticed much change. 

I am going to try the BP brand beans + the BP glutathione and maybe colagen but given my results so far I am not all that optimistic.

this is incredibly discouraging.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

I have tried and failed the RFLP 3 times now, I wouldn't say epic fail, I just cannot go that long wihtout eating real food. I am loving cooking since finding BP diet so it's tough, plus I butchered 3 hogs this year that are the tastiest creatures I have ever eaten. 

I am wondering why you are taking lorazepam/ativan and melatonin for sleep because both are not BP. To knock out two birds with one stone taking Mag will help the constipation specifically something like Calm, add a little baking soda to it which reduces the acidity and protects your teeth. Also per the functional medicine institute alkalinizing the body is very help for detoxification. 

My failure with weight loss has been hormetics. If your hormones or gut lining are at all sub optimal it is going to be problematic to loose weight. The weight loss within the BP recommendations are based in the idea of working with biology, not force fucking it into submission. Now you can loose weight with a starvation diet and 6 day/week training program like body for life. RFLP is a hack on an existing biological system, if that system is program the hack wont work. Focus on resetting leptin by consuming 30g of collagen/protein within 30min of waking. Do this for a while and leptin and adiponectin with start working properly. How to know it is working? If you consume the protein rich coffee and 4-6hrs later you must eat than you are on the right track. 

Everybody has made great suggestions on your diet and work out routine. Try eating in the green spectrum strictly on re-feed days, there is litte tolerance to deviating from this due to the ketotic depth/stress of RFLP. You really cant drink beer, if you do add some NAC-l and rALA on the days you drink in addition to the Liposomal GSH. 

Also check out your blood glucose through out the RFLP, if you cannot get it below 100, chances are the weight wont come off. My recco is if you have insurance add some metformin 500mg bid, it's pretty harmless and and if you have a good PCP and use your puppy dog eyes saying you don't want to be a diabetic burden on society. They usually give you a script no problem. If you dont have insurance take the rALA (100mg-200mg) with some chromium (400mg) QD or BID. this will up regulate glucose absorption into the cells