Natural Stacks' Biocreatine

zero33zero33 Thinks plants have feelings.
Didn't see a thread for Natural Stacks' new BioCreatine yet - any one tried it out?

I added it to my stack starting this afternoon - it is supposed to help "maintain CILTEP's benefits" among other things.

Coder/Shaper who thinks this is his blog: alienvir.us

Comments

• Don't waste your money unless it is very cheap, micronized "creapure" creatine monohydrate is effective and commonly available, fenugreek is also cheap, Himilayan salt you should have.

Agreed, the science behind it is very interesting and I am actually using a homemade version. But as Jason said... you can make this from home MUCH cheaper and just as effective. 

• zero33zero33 Thinks plants have feelings.
    edited March 2014

Thanks, guys - I actually prefer the pre-stacked stuff. It uses less of my cabinet space and time, and I also really appreciate the way NaturalStacks treats me. At twenty bucks a month, the cost seems reasonable.

I'm more interested in sharing the results and effects that creatine+fenugreek users are seeing/have seen in connection with brain maintenance/enhancing protocols.

The issue I am personally working on is that my mornings are typically very productive and focused, but my afternoons and evenings are hit-and-miss. I've tried adding afternoon caffeine in form of caps, coffee or tea but that just makes me a zombie in the evening. I'm hopeful the creatine complex will "maintain" the effects of my morning CILTEP as suggested and I could also benefit from a boost in "working memory".

• hybridhybrid Cateye vs Isolation
    edited March 2014

I take old school creatine.

In my n=1 experiment, creatine works perfectly on an empty stomachs with no sugar or carbs. I've tried both ways and never noticed a difference. Assessed through maximal strength, pumps, and specially because I feel a difference in mental and physical stamina.

I appreciate the keeping your cabinet small, I force myself to keep it simple. Simple means I spend 20$ on creatine that lasts me months on end. Creatine is probably one of the only tasteless supplements out there. Maybe keep a bottle of that stuff for travel or convenience.

• hybridhybrid Cateye vs Isolation

biocreatine-supplement-facts_1024x1024.p

Plus, if you're consuming 5g a day of creatine you need two bottles of these a month so 40$

• brainstorm11brainstorm11 ✭✭
    edited April 2014

Interesting science behind it all and I can definitely vouch for the quality of Natural Stacks' products and general interaction with the community. However, as the above poster mentioned, if you are trying to use the commonly suggested 5 g dose daily, you are going to need two bottles.

In all honesty, creatine is one of the most effective nootropics that is out there so if you just utilize it for cognitive enhancement, it may be worthwhile. Good luck

edited April 2014

Can't say for an absolute fact, but the BioCreatine does appear to be having an immediate and positive effect.

I use lumosity to quantify results of my nootropic/supplement experiments - mainly because I've had a subscription since 2012 and they make it easy to compile and graph the data. But because their training system is designed to increase your scores on its own, it is impossible to attribute overall improvement to supplements alone, but I have experienced significant spikes that coincide with changes in my stack.

The attached image is a screenshot of my four-week training history with memory isolated. Memory and attention are my weakest categories and the current focus of my stack and training.

I was able to achieve an approximate 20% increase in my memory score by simply playing extra memory games several times a week, but the results of that have stagnated since January 25.

On March 18 I started taking just one BioCreatine capsule in the afternoon to check for any allergies or other negative reactions. I was not expecting any results beyond possible hives or a headache, so I was shocked to see a 10% jump in my memory score that same day - chalked it up to placebo effect... but I was able to maintain that level while taking just one capsule each day for the next few days.

The dosage increased to two capsules on March 25 - and resulted in another 5% maintainable jump in my score. I'll be increasing to the 4 caps suggested on the label starting tomorrow.

• Can't say for an absolute fact, but the BioCreatine does appear to be having an immediate and positive effect.

I use lumosity to quantify results of my nootropic/supplement experiments - mainly because I've had a subscription since 2012 and they make it easy to compile and graph the data. But because their training system is designed to increase your scores on its own, it is impossible to attribute overall improvement to supplements alone, but I have experienced significant spikes that coincide with changes in my stack.

The attached image is a screenshot of my four-week training history with memory isolated. Memory and attention are my weakest categories and the current focus of my stack and training.

I was able to achieve an approximate 20% increase in my memory score by simply playing extra memory games several times a week, but the results of that have stagnated since January 25.

On March 18 I started taking just one BioCreatine capsule in the afternoon to check for any allergies or other negative reactions. I was not expecting any results beyond possible hives or a headache, so I was shocked to see a 10% jump in my memory score that same day - chalked it up to placebo effect... but I was able to maintain that level while taking just one capsule each day for the next few days.

The dosage increased to two capsules on March 25 - and resulted in another 5% maintainable jump in my score. I'll be increasing to the 4 caps suggested on the label starting tomorrow.

========

Awesome! I love to see people taking tests to track cognitive improvements with nootropics. Definitely a responsible method.

I have no doubt that NS BioCreatine is effect, but have you ever / were you taking creatine before starting the NS version? 

I ask because if you went from no creatine to 625 mg it would probably have a slight uptick in your cognition. Creatine is well-known to provide cognitive enhancing effects in itself, which is why I'm curious. A significant difference when you were already taking creatine would be a huge change for NS.

this is the first type/brand of creatine i have experimented with - it was next on my list of things to play with and just a coincidence that NS came out with their blend at the same time I was ready to start.

I agree that it would be interesting see results from someone who is currently using creatine without fenugreek and then see if there is a measurable difference if they add it.

I have no doubt that NS BioCreatine is effect, but have you ever / were you taking creatine before starting the NS version? 

I ask because if you went from no creatine to 625 mg it would probably have a slight uptick in your cognition. Creatine is well-known to provide cognitive enhancing effects in itself, which is why I'm curious. A significant difference when you were already taking creatine would be a huge change for NS.

• Interesting.

Nonetheless, there are a few things to consider:

1) 625 mg is not that much creatine. Something special is going on that is causing the increase and I don't know if 625 mg of regular creatine would provide this effect.

2) You probably eat enough meat as a BPer so 625 mg is definitely not all that influential alone.

Perhaps there is more to NS BioCreatine than meets the eye :)

edited June 2014

I don't eat much meat... my other sources of protein are eggs, collagen, and veg-based protein powder. I don't know if they supply any creatine.

Maybe that has something to do with why such a small dose of creatine would have a noticeable effect.

Upping the creatine to two 1250mg doses coincided with another small increase in my test scores, but I'm going to wait a full week before looking more closely at the data to avoid contaminating the results with too much optimism. :)

However, I can verify that for me it definitely does "maintain CILTEP's benefits"... almost feels like re-dosing the CILTEP as far as focus and energy levels go. Yesterday I took 2 caps after lunch, 2 more after dinner and stayed up way later than usual because I simply couldn't stop reading.

Haven't put it on a spreadsheet yet, but despite staying up later a quick glance at my sleep data showed what appears to be longer intervals of "deep sleep" last night.

• Great that you're finding what works for you!

• You have to admit that the racetam products you sell are pretty low dose too, right?

• They seem like standard doses for caps, so no.  Standard dose for Creatine is 5g by just about every standard.  If you buy generic monohydrate, the scoop will be for 5g.

You have to admit that the racetam products you sell are pretty low dose too, right?

• DERDER
    edited April 2014

The standard dose for aniracetam is 350mg?  Most people take at least double that.  Oxy and noopept are on the low side too.  The site has good hover effects though.  Passes the cool test for sure.

• Good point on the Aniracetam - I was looking at the other products on the site.

SmartDrugsForThought: $18.99 for 60x750mg 

PureNootropics: $19.99 for 60x350mg

wow.