Before And After Blood Test Results After 30+ Days Bp; High Hdl; Need Help Interpreting

Hey guys,

Not posted in a while for various excuses, still been rocking BP as much as possible, but loosened up on it for a couple weeks due to sickness and injury.

However, I got my blood test results in the mail, which prompted me to dig out my old results and do a before/after comparison and post them on the forum for some input.

As you can see, my HDL was flagged as high. The Dr. wrote "cut out fatty diet," referring to the BP diet; I mentioned it to her during my last visit.

I calculated my own cholesterol ratios using some formulas I found on the web.

FYI - I was 99% bulletproof for about 6 weeks, beginning of January until mid-February. I still maintained most BP aspects for the next few weeks, however, until my blood was drawn on 3/17.

Any comments or anything?

9F2mu4e.png

"No part of a person's will is ever in conflict with the reality of any given moment."

3WB3rcq.jpg?1

Comments

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭
    edited March 2014

I'm going to refer to WellnessFX's ranges throughout this post. Not that they're always right, it's just context. 

LDL 128 isn't super high, WFX range says high risk is 130+, moderate is 100-130, and low is <100. 

WFX creatinine range is 0 - 1.21, so I'm not sure why yours was flagged low. Mine's .69, was .72 two years ago, in range according to my doc. I can't comment on BUN/creatinine ratio as I don't know anything about that. 

Total protein is below WFX range of 6 - 8.6. WFX has this blurb on total protein:

"There are two main types, or classes, of proteins found in the blood: albumin, the main transport protein in the blood, and globulin, which comprise immune proteins and enzymes. High total protein levels can indicate inflammation or infection, while low total protein levels indicate malnutrition, malabsorption, kidney or liver problems."

But obviously your doc isn't very concerned about this for whatever reason, perhaps based on the other kidney/liver biomarkers. 

I'd try to bump my vitamin D up past 40 if possible, but not a big deal. 

You might want to explore daily carb totals, carb refeed amounts, and thyroid numbers as it pertains to LDL. Stevo and I discussed this a bit here. I'm beginning to think the lower end of the BP carb spectrum could cause low T3, which in turn reduces expression of LDL receptors at a cellular level, thereby increasing LDL. At the end of the day you need to worry about LDL particle count (ApoB is correlated to this) not total LDL, which is the data you have. The only reason docs focus on total LDL is because they often don't have ApoB data or the even-more-rare LDL particle count. LDL is a very complicated case, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-yous. (I couldn't resist.) Basically don't panic about LDL, but perhaps read more. This is great article on cholesterol by Peter Attia, you can read parts 1-5 and 7 if you want even more info. 

A blood draw on St. Patrick's day is a bold move. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file