Brain Octane: Permanent Upgrade?

Hi guys, I can't figure this out. I love the effect of bulletproof coffee, but is it a temporary high? Does the brain food in the form of BOO affect any permanent changes in the brain? New cells, new connections? Or does it wear off every time and leave me the same as I started?

Thanks for any insight, literature, links ...

Comments

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

The C8 fatty acids get metabolised into ketones and they are what go to your brain. Its a temporary thing unfortunately.

• "The C8 fatty acids get metabolised into ketones and they are what go to your brain. Its a temporary thing unfortunately."

The ketones are burned but the fats are permanent in rebuilding the brain tissue though, no? Or is that just Coconut Oil? My first cup is with Brain Octane, second is always with Coconut Oil because I want the benefits of both.

Eat Paleo, Feel Great!
  • ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

The ketones are burned but the fats are permanent in rebuilding the brain tissue though, no? Or is that just Coconut Oil?

---

Some fats are used as building blocks, also cholesterol, but my understanding is C8 is metabolized for energy and not structural. 

C8 may "turn on" areas of your brain that do better with fat metabolism than glucose, so hypothetically someone seeking a "permanent upgrade" could do a bunch of brain games or many repetitions of a new skill while metabolizing the C8, also in the presence of adequate cholesterol and other fats, and hope to make new axons and/or myelinate existing axons at a faster rate. Hypothetically.

• That's an interesting idea ... I like the idea of building new brain stuff. Thanks for the info, all!
  • StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

I listened to the Fat Burning Man interview with Dr Perlmutter. He mentioned consuming a lot of DHA and exercise can enable your brain to grow new cells.

Our fav BP source of DHA is Krill oil, but I've been checking out Calamari oil recently which has a LOT more DHA in it.

• Exercise does help you build new brain cells :) It would make sense that when our brains are being given proper sources of sources of fuel, that they'd be able to build brain cells better, si? Like a muscle builder!

• I find that its an attitude thing too.. I find when my brain is more alert and focused I learn more, and when I learn more it feels good..so I get the reward repeat cycle whether or not I'm drinking bpc.. 

Like when you use a pre workout to get you to the gym then, you see some gains, so the gains propel you to the gym instead of taking a pre workout.  For me, anyhow!

Then I guess this creates new cells as well as any chemical help!

\m/(>.<)\m/ www.trucke.co.uk - my rockband!! \m/(>.<)\m/

• I'm going to try BOO before I do my Spanish language work to see if it boosts retainment.