Racetams: Permanent Improvement?

Outside of Bulletproof Diet & Paleo, Bulletproof Coffee, Brain Octane, Upgraded MCT Oil, Coconut Oil and supplements such as CDP Choline, L-Tyrosine, Niacin and Gingko Biloba I am pretty much a newbie to Brain Hacking...Been Bio Hacking for several years now and when I fall back into bad habits see the negative affects.

Been experimenting with Aniracetam & Piracetam for about three weeks now (stacked with the above). It took several days before I began to see any real improvements in cognition and memory (vivid colors too). This past week I ran out, bad planning on my part, I was between shipments and I felt it! I had unusual difficulty putting together complex thoughts and even speaking in sentences. Now, I can understand that it may have been the effects of something else in my diet or poor sleep (I had gluten free pizza, heavy on garlic that made my Friday night an "up & down" sleep night). 

Either way it did prompt me to think about this. What will happen if I stop taking my racetams? By taking these now am I actually building on permanent changes in my brain that will help me for the rest of my life or is this just a temporary patch or higher "octane" that will burn off and leave me with nothing to show for it? If there are other "hacks" or racetams that are proven to improve brain function permanently, what are they?

If there is another post somewhere that addresses this, please point me to it? Thanks, Hackers....

Eat Paleo, Feel Great!

Comments

• GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence

Nootropics shoudn't have any form of long term effects or benefits when you stop taking them. THe only one that I am aware of that you can still feel the positive benefits even after stopping taking it would be Pramiracetam. If you're worried about stopping or running out of nootropics causing a negative side effect you needn't do so. It's understandable to notice a difference though with and without them, after all we are talking about chemicals that stimulate various neuro-receptors so their absence should be just as notable as their presence.