Sweet Beat App And Very Low Hrv Scores

I'm freaking out a bit. I started using the Sweet beat App and my HRV levels are quite low - in the mid 50's - mid 60's - regardless of the time of day. Once it went up to 70. Even when I pause and do deep breathing for a few minutes, it stays at that level. I do Inner Balance and can achieve coherence at Level 2 very consistently. Level 3 is much harder for me as I am not good at visualizing positive emotions. Even after staying int eh green zone at Level 2 for quite awhile, Ithen measure my HRV with Sweet App and it is still low. I'm concerned that maybe whatever I do won't change this...

I'm even more concerned however that my HRV levels are consistently low, especially in terms of the implications for systemic health and disease. I wish I could stop my crazy busy life and meditate for 10 hours/day, but unfortunately I can't. 

Ben Greenfield mentioned that he wakes up measures HRV and is consistantly in the 80-90 range. Makes me feel even worse about the state of my nervous system...

Thoughts and experiences with the Sweet Beat App would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Comments

• What is your average coherence?  What does it top out at?

• I'm freaking out a bit. I started using the Sweet beat App and my HRV levels are quite low - in the mid 50's - mid 60's - regardless of the time of day. Once it went up to 70. Even when I pause and do deep breathing for a few minutes, it stays at that level. I do Inner Balance and can achieve coherence at Level 2 very consistently. Level 3 is much harder for me as I am not good at visualizing positive emotions. Even after staying int eh green zone at Level 2 for quite awhile, Ithen measure my HRV with Sweet App and it is still low. I'm concerned that maybe whatever I do won't change this...

I'm even more concerned however that my HRV levels are consistently low, especially in terms of the implications for systemic health and disease. I wish I could stop my crazy busy life and meditate for 10 hours/day, but unfortunately I can't. 

Ben Greenfield mentioned that he wakes up measures HRV and is consistantly in the 80-90 range. Makes me feel even worse about the state of my nervous system...

Thoughts and experiences with the Sweet Beat App would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Yeah that freaked me out a bit too! - but I'm not top athlete Ben Greenfield! I'm office worker and casual exerciser 'chunkbutler'. My best HRV score ever is 78, my worst is 35 (I meditate daily and this does improve HRV in my experience) I use it to gauge whether or not I should get a weights session in or take it easy.

My guess is that HRV is related to resting heart rate so that someone like Ben Greenfield who probably has a resting heart rate of 50's or less will have a greater HRV simply because of the extended range of heart rates he is able to produce. My resting heart rate is currently very average at around 70 (i.e. not very cardio fit) - when I was doing triathlons (a couple of years only) my resting heart rate was mid 50's (actually at that time my Polar heart rate monitor watch had a 'fitness' measure that I think was really measuring HRV but didn't state it as such).

So I don't think you should worry unless you are a serious athlete and should therefore expect better HRV results. When my HRV is 70+ I feel great, and when I feel great my HRV usually tends to be 70+ (there's a difference). Also I can feel fine (but not great) and still have HRV under 50 - I just take it as an indicator that I need more rest.

• Thanks. My average coherence seems to be in the low to mid 50's. Sometimes it gets down to the upper 40's, but even with meditating, I'm lucky if it gets above the mid 60's. 

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

Hello,

during the last few months my HRV was between 50 and 60. Before that it was somewhat higher!

Well I got my whole body checked and I got sever health problems especially with my gut! Since we are killing them parasites my HRV went up to above 60, for the last days between 70 and 80.

The truth lies within you I say.

Maybe you are low on some vitamins or essential amino acids.

Maybe you have a chronic infection.

Maybe you have some kind of inflammation in your body.

Look back and see if you had some kind of sickness during the last month. And talk to your doctor about it. Tell him that you don*t feel as well as you used to.....

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training