Am I Killing My Own Progress? Help?

Ok so I'm doing well on BP. I'm borderline 100kg now and I started at about 150kg and BP is is responsible for shredding off about 30+ kg of it so like almost 70lbs.

I think I could be going faster. Right now I basically do the interment fasting. I do 3x coffees a day and depending on how I feel I eat and meal or two. I don't go nuts between 2pm and 8pm as I can't get in the much food as it's just to much for me.

On the 7th day and I've been doing this for over 6 weeks now I get pizza...... yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

I know that it's holding me back as it takes about 4 days to get back to the weight I was on the morning of the cheat and then days 5, 6 and 7 my weight loss pics up at a fast pace as I presume I'm in deep ketosis.

I don't really want to do the whole just eat sweet potato's thing and the other boring carbs as in the end I am human as treating yourself is more psychological then anything else so this cheat meal is what keeps me going an lets me go for another week with 100% commitment to interment fasting. If I had to do the boring carbs I would crack I think. On the cheat day I generally just do my coffee and at 5pm or so I order a pizza and a pepsi.

So I guess my question is if I just did say half a pizza and a smaller pepsi would I get back into ketosis faster? As them I'm only putting 50% of the carbs into my body and 50% of the liquid carbs with pepsi.

Or is it really the fact that you are eating shit carbs so it really will take you 4 day to get back into ketosis full swing?

Would love some other peoples input who do eat crap on their cheat day and don't just stick to the boring carbs. As what I'm doing in obviously working but it would be great to speed up my progress.

Thanks!!

Comments

• I guess the other option for me is to instead of do a weekly cheat to do 3 cheats a month. That way instead of going from cheat to back to the same weight and then 3 days of loss until hitting the next cheat I get 10 days in the total run. 4 days to get back to where I was and 6 days in deep ketosis. So my cycle is 10 days and I get 3 cheat meals in a month instead of doing ti weekly.

Thoughts people?

• are you doing rapid fat loss protocol?

Help me get my blog up and running...check it out for recipes and info

http://adventuresintheuncommon.wordpress.com

• I'm doing interment fasting so I still get the one meal in a day. 

• You don't feel sick after eating pizza and drinking Pepsi?

• I guess the other option for me is to instead of do a weekly cheat to do 3 cheats a month. That way instead of going from cheat to back to the same weight and then 3 days of loss until hitting the next cheat I get 10 days in the total run. 4 days to get back to where I was and 6 days in deep ketosis. So my cycle is 10 days and I get 3 cheat meals in a month instead of doing ti weekly.

Thoughts people?

How long is your cheat day? For example, is it from 9am til 12 midnight?

in The Carb Nite Solution, the author suggests only having an 8 hour window of cheating (and you can eat almost anything you want). I have been doing that for the past 2 weeks and it seems to be much better in terms of weight loss, but I am still experimenting.

• edited March 2014

How long is your cheat day? For example, is it from 9am til 12 midnight?

in The Carb Nite Solution, the author suggests only having an 8 hour window of cheating (and you can eat almost anything you want). I have been doing that for the past 2 weeks and it seems to be much better in terms of weight loss, but I am still experimenting.

One meal. Pizza and Pepsi at about 5pm or 6pm on my cheat day. So you seems to be cheating more then I do then and still getting good results?

• You don't feel sick after eating pizza and drinking Pepsi?

Yea a little I suppose but I'd rather eat some crap once a week then try to stick to this picture perfect regime and then crack and cheat for a week and screw up the last months progress.

• Yea a little I suppose but I'd rather eat some crap once a week then try to stick to this picture perfect regime and then crack and cheat for a week and screw up the last months progress.

That makes sense to me.

One meal. Pizza and Pepsi at about 5pm or 6pm on my cheat day. So you seems to be cheating more then I do then and still getting good results?

I wish I could tell you yes or no, but its something to try. And in those 8 hours, really really pack on the carbs. When I got rid of cheat days I started gaining weight, but on SCD I had a weekly cheat day (sometimes from 9am to 2am the next day) and I lost 60 lbs at my best.

You can also get a thyroid panel blood test to see if you are eating too little and slowing down your metabolism.

• Understandable. I've had a couple "cheat" meals along the way myself, when celebrating something with family or friends, or a social night out, etc. I just know that an hour later I did not like the way I felt and was glad to USUALLY be BP. The worst is when it messes with sleep. Like waking up in the middle of the night with either heartburn or rumbling in the gut.

• That makes sense to me.

I wish I could tell you yes or no, but its something to try. And in those 8 hours, really really pack on the carbs. When I got rid of cheat days I started gaining weight, but on SCD I had a weekly cheat day (sometimes from 9am to 2am the next day) and I lost 60 lbs at my best.

You can also get a thyroid panel blood test to see if you are eating too little and slowing down your metabolism.

Thanks for all the info!

• Understandable. I've had a couple "cheat" meals along the way myself, when celebrating something with family or friends, or a social night out, etc. I just know that an hour later I did not like the way I felt and was glad to USUALLY be BP. The worst is when it messes with sleep. Like waking up in the middle of the night with either heartburn or rumbling in the gut.

Yea I get that. Maybe I'll do something like spaghetti bolognese at my 10 day point as I've decided on that. Instead of eating pizza and other crap at least I get a nice meal but it's not shit like pizza is.

• I have a great tapioca/sweet potato crust recipe for gluten free pizza. I'll try to post it under recipes tonight or tomorrow. At work ATM.

It's not bp, but it beats the hell out of gluten.
  • You might find the junk food cheat meals get less and less appealing as time goes on. When I started I couldn't imagine life without that stuff, now I can't imagine life with it.

• Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Mike, I hope so. I used to be 150kg and that is 330lbs so I had a binge eating problem and if someone is over 260lbs or 270lbs and they don't admit they have a binge eating problem then they are in denial. So I'm working on it. A pizza and a Pepsi is a dwarf sized meal vs my original cheats! LOL. So I'm getting there and it's psychologically better for me to cheat but hopefully I'll get there, to that point where I don't want any crap in me at all :)

• Update. It's day 8 now and on day 7 I dropped 1lb and  today I dropped another 3/4lb so i'm still dropping. Will keep going till day 10 till I cheat.

• Hmm interesting. It's day 9 now since the last cheat/carb up and I I dropped another 1.5lbs this morning.

• Update! Made it to day 10 and I dropped another pound today.

What do your guys recon? Should I carb up today or just keep going to see how long I can go for and still loose fat?

• Hey mister. Good to hear that you are making progress. A trick I personally use when coming off cheat is to do a heavy work-out the day after, including squats and deadlifts, free weights for the arms as well. When I am done, I do not eat, as I usually would, but continue to stay fasted. Then late in the evening, I eat a little, not very much, and hop to bed. I find this allows me to re-enter ketosis quickly again. 

• Thanks man! So a heavy workout the day after the cheat. I'll start doing that. I'm still recovering from hitting a tree snowboarding lol so I'll have to skip the leg heavy stuff but I can go light and go heavier on the upper body.