Let's Hack... Beards!

OK plain and simple. Beards are coming back into style. I've been letting mine grow for a few months now, and it's coming to a slow stall I think. Let's hack beard growth... anything and everything we've got people. 

P.S. I've been told I look like a mountain man.. I had to correct them and say, no I'm actually a caveman, a BULLETPROOF caveman. ;D 

Comments

• Are they "in style"? I've always let mine grow. I need a beard to rub while trying to figure things out. It's a nootropic for me.

It's all relative.

• As a bearded man for the the last 12+ years (save some battles with ringworm on the neck) my single biggest pieces of advice are:

1. The longer you wait to trim, the better it will look once trimmed.

2. Keep it simple, follow your neck line for the bottom, trim any incongruence off on top, and the mustache as needed.

3.  No goatees, soal patches, or other failed beard attempts

• NoogisNoogis
    edited April 2014
    Advice number one is especially true. You will look homeless for a few months, but it will look better if you wait to trim until it's well established.

Something that helps mine grow faster is to flex my neck muscles while grunting.

Motor boating helps too. Either end.

As a bearded man for the the last 12+ years (save some battles with ringworm on the neck) my single biggest pieces of advice are:

1. The longer you wait to trim, the better it will look once trimmed.

2. Keep it simple, follow your neck line for the bottom, trim any incongruence off on top, and the mustache as needed.

3. No goatees, soal patches, or other failed beard attempts

• As a man with a beard for nearly the past 2 years... a tip - wash it with a gentle shampoo, and condition it. Especially during the early phase. It helps significantly. 

And yep, beards are back in style. :)

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    edited April 2014

I rock a mutton chop + mustache combo, personally. Agree on the above advice.

Increasing testosterone seems like it would increase facial hair growth, also.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

I've had a goatee for most of the past 15 years due to my chin being notoriously difficult to shave. I had a French beard too but I hate the moustache growing into my mouth. Beards have been back for a few years now!

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Oh Jesus, I don't want to see more people with ugly, dirty unkept pubic hair around their mouth and neck, filled with food residue. If you bring it back to trend I swear I will start a "women without hair removal" movement.

Of course, the well kept trimmed variety looks hot! On the right person.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

edited April 2014

Oh Jesus, I don't want to see more people with ugly, dirty unkept pubic hair around their mouth and neck, filled with food residue.

;-;

Hey, guys. Reka hates us.

I'm gonna go stroke my pube beard as I cry myself to sleep. With any luck I'll stumble upon a morsel of grassfed beef as I do so. Makes for a good midnight snack...

But in all seriousness, mine does get to looking like curly pubic hair when it gets too long. I have to deal with it for long stretches, only trimming it when it gets to a decent length. Alas. If only my facial hair weren't so dang curly!

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

Men with beards clearly never 'go south' on women!!

Keep yourself clean shaven, even if only for your partner's sake.

Oh Jesus, I don't want to see more people with ugly, dirty unkept pubic hair around their mouth and neck, filled with food residue. If you bring it back to trend I swear I will start a "women without hair removal" movement.

No sorcery, just science. 

^^

FALSE.

• edited April 2014

I'm kind of offended by this, and I don't even have a beard!  ^_^

Do most women share this view? I thought the gals would naturally enjoy a beard on a man, as it makes them more manly?

• Sandpaper vs beaver pelt. Your comment is the inaccurate.

No such thing as clean shaven for thick stubble.

• I like women with big, dirty, hairy hobbit feet.

I went there.

It's all relative.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited April 2014

this thread really picks up about halfway through. good work folks! 

Yeah, your beard looks very cute for example, no problem with that. Kato's beard is awesome, too. These are the two I remember seeing here.

These are the ones that give me the creeps:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/Action-Bronson-Party-Supplies-620x400.png

http://www.hairboutique.com/blogs_p/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/BigBeard2_250h.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m40w61skEC1qhi4u2o1_500.png

But guys, it is your body, you do whatever you please. (Just add the most important ugly beard accessory: a paper bag. :D ) Some women use the "it's my body" argument to kill babies so I suppose turning your nice BP face into something disgusting is still more morally acceptable. :D

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• "His organ donation card also lists his beard"

"His beard alone has experienced more than a lesser man’s entire body"

"He once won a fist fight, only using his beard"

"No less than 25 Mexican folk songs have been written about his beard"

:D  :D  :D

Seeing through the chaotic.
  • pmrtnzpmrtnz Peter Martinez

I recommend a product from Andy Hnilo who was on the BPE Podcast. It's an affordable face mask seems to have improved the density at which the hair grows on my face especially (it was very patchy before). He started selling it a couple of months ago.

Not to mention it's done wonders for my skin. I think I had sun spots before but I've gotten tons of compliments about how glowing my skin is lately.

http://alitura.myshopify.com/products/the-mask

Looks like his site is down right now, but I bought another bottle yesterday.

Your comment is inaccurate... You can get a shave to be ultra-smooth! No stubble at all.

You need one of these in your life: http://www.amazon.com/Merkur-Futur-Safety-Razor-Finish/dp/B000JPKLUU

Sandpaper vs beaver pelt. Your comment is the inaccurate.

No such thing as clean shaven for thick stubble.

• pmrtnzpmrtnz Peter Martinez

SO DOPE. I just read up on double edged razors and bought one, Thanks Mav. 

Your comment is inaccurate... You can get a shave to be ultra-smooth! No stubble at all.

You need one of these in your life: http://www.amazon.com/Merkur-Futur-Safety-Razor-Finish/dp/B000JPKLUU

• That's the one I use when I shave. It can be smooth for an hour maybe. My beard is very thick.

Your comment is inaccurate... You can get a shave to be ultra-smooth! No stubble at all.

You need one of these in your life: http://www.amazon.com/Merkur-Futur-Safety-Razor-Finish/dp/B000JPKLUU

Yeah man, I've had that bad boy for years! German engineering at it's best! (except for a BMW M3... but there is a bit of a price difference)

I then recommend finding a mixed pack of sample razor blades and trying different ones. I've got my favourites :)

edited April 2014

• 6qLjt.gif

It's all relative.

• Incorrect. My amount of times 'going south' on women increased after I began growing my beard.

On a serious note, I think it depends on the person. Some people look really good with a beard, others look like freaks. Some people look really good clean shaven, others look like freaks.

In conclusion, you may or may not look like a freak with or without a beard.

Placebo effect  :cool:

Incorrect. My amount of times 'going south' on women increased after I began growing my beard.

I could see how going down on a dude might be a little tougher with a beard. It'd be difficult to scrub a load of spunk out of the thing, I reckon. But going down on a chick? As long as it isn't like super bristly or a suger huge bush of a beard, it shouldn't pose much of a problem. Might tickle the thighs or something with the facial hair on the way down, but that just helps build the anticipation!

Gotta love this forum. The only place where we can talk about the finer points of performing oral sex in a topic about facial hair.

• I can barely grow a goatee. Clean shaven for me.. :-\

=====

Try using it on your face too ;-)