2»

Comments

• GarrettGarrett
    edited April 2014

"Placebo effect"

i-328a7c5e192be3ddec24aa942b51e161-dr.ev

Placebo effect  :cool:

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

This reminds me of a seriously old joke... probably no one of the BP forums will get it though...

What do parsley and pubic hair have in common?

You push both of them aside before you eat.

...but pushing away green-zone food is sacrilege around these parts, and no one has pubes any more.

I could see how going down on a dude might be a little tougher with a beard. It'd be difficult to scrub a load of spunk out of the thing, I reckon. But going down on a chick? As long as it isn't like super bristly or a suger huge bush of a beard, it shouldn't pose much of a problem. Might tickle the thighs or something with the facial hair on the way down, but that just helps build the anticipation!

Gotta love this forum. The only place where we can talk about the finer points of performing oral sex in a topic about facial hair.

No sorcery, just science. 

• I'd consider having a beard to be a pretty helpful hack in itself- saving 5-10 minutes shaving every morning adds up pretty quick. As long as I trim it once a week (takes 5 minutes) there's no more maintenance needed.

Men are undoubtedly more in danger from prosperity than adversity.  For when matters go smoothly, they flatter themselves, and are intoxicated by their success.  ~John Calvin

• Being the proud partner of a bearded fella I say embrace the beard!

I trim my fella's beard and we have even created our own recipe for beard oil that he massages in each evening to keep it all soft and delicious (and of course very masculine!) smelling. :)

So soft were his facial follicles that we even gifted my bearded father and brother our beard oil for Christmas to share the love around.

• HazakinsHazakins Graveyard shift putting me in the Grave!

"soft and delicious" is one of the ingredients bacon drippings? Im in.

Trying to get a grasp on Ketosis? Watch this!

• I used Rogaine on my face for a while.. It definately worked... 

Read it here... 

http://jefffsbeardboard.yuku.com/topic/28948/Rogaine-Experiment#.U0ZaFfldVqI

Ha I love the bulletproof forum 

\m/(>.<)\m/ www.trucke.co.uk - my rockband!! \m/(>.<)\m/

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

I used Rogaine on my face for a while.. It definately worked... 

Read it here... 

http://jefffsbeardboard.yuku.com/topic/28948/Rogaine-Experiment#.U0ZaFfldVqI

Ha I love the bulletproof forum 

Now THIS is interesting. It really works, eh? I'd be all for increasing my facial hair growth, thickening things up a bit. What's the Bulletproof perspective on this? Is it safe? Thoughts?

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• It did work.. I have a crap facial hair setup.. there's too much distance between each hair and it ends up looking like tobacco on my face... The rogaine defo thickened it up enough to do a movember.. I didnt have any side effects, although they say it can lower blood pressure...  Apparently you have to make a bit of a commitment to it, say 6 months for it to work props! 

I'd say the other way would be hormonally.. get some test boosters, DAA, Tribs (if it works) lift heavy and squat deep!

I would love to have a proper beard.. Damn girl hormones!! :-) 

• ZenfoodZenfood ɹǝqɯǝɯ pǝɔuɐʌp∀
  • GarrettGarrett
    edited April 2014

Soft and delicious and very masculine?

*tosses his credit card at Kate*

JUST TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is inspiring me to start using some conditioner in my beard. Especially since I have a large group meeting coming up this saturday. A soft, proud and manly beard = win

Being the proud partner of a bearded fella I say embrace the beard!

I trim my fella's beard and we have even created our own recipe for beard oil that he massages in each evening to keep it all soft and delicious (and of course very masculine!) smelling. :)

So soft were his facial follicles that we even gifted my bearded father and brother our beard oil for Christmas to share the love around.

• NoogisNoogis
    edited April 2014
    Sometimes I put coconut oil on mine. It helps keep frizzies away between trimming. Not the manliest smell, maybe I can put some cedar oil in the mix. Lumberjack manly.

So, if you are keeping track, coconut oil is great for sex and beards.
    edited April 2014

wood plow

ACV has worked well in the past to condition my hair and beard. Using baking soda + water as shampoo is also good.

Looked into the Rogaine... not sure I'm a fan of the potential side effects. I guess I'll just live with my decent-ish facial hair for now, haha.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

• Coconut oil.. what ISN'T it great for?

Sometimes I put coconut oil on mine. It helps keep frizzies away between trimming. Not the manliest smell, maybe I can put some cedar oil in the mix. Lumberjack manly.

So, if you are keeping track, coconut oil is great for sex and beards.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Considering the subject appearing in most of the posts in this thread, I'm not sure how to take this sentence "own recipe for beard oil that he massages in each evening"

:shock:

Coconut oil is pretty much the greatest thing ever. And using it as lube is a great way to get your MCTs in the sack ;)

• Bow chika bow wow :p

Considering the subject appearing in most of the posts in this thread, I'm not sure how to take this sentence "own recipe for beard oil that he massages in each evening"

:shock:

• Biotin is supposed to assist growth too...

and bear testosterone..

• Ok so I forgot I posted this.. but holy crap am I glad I did.. this is the most hilarious thread ever, I think dave should read it and write a blog post on hacking it =p.

Soooo does anyone have recommendations on a really good trimmer? I had a phillips norelco with multi-attachments... it worked really well, but then i let my beard grow out for a few months and then used it once to trim it, then a week later went to trim it a bit on the sides.. and it completely died.

If you guys have a suggestion for a REALLY good trimmer to keep it nice and clean as I really grow it out (mostly neck beard and i have genetics for super thick mustache but not much on the face except for side burns), lemme know. I'm willing to shell out the cash for BP engineering ;) 

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

Soooo does anyone have recommendations on a really good trimmer? I had a phillips norelco with multi-attachments... it worked really well, but then i let my beard grow out for a few months and then used it once to trim it, then a week later went to trim it a bit on the sides.. and it completely died.

----

I don't have a recommendation, but I've had mine become really under-powered and the moving part of the clippers became angled slightly in relation to the stationary part. I took it apart (carefully, over the sink but with the drain closed so you don't lose small parts) and there were a bunch of tiny hairs trapped in there. Cleaned it, reassembled it, lubed it with the provided mineral oil, and it worked perfectly. 

So while you search for a really good one, you might be able to rehab the old one. 

• http://beardsy.com/archives/229

uh oh...an open letter to bearded hipsters...thankfully i passed the test at the end with flying colors, so i get to keep mine. 

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭
    edited May 2014

thankfully i passed the test at the end with flying colors, so i get to keep mine. 

----

Me too. That author seems like my kinda girl. In high school I was friends with a bearded hipster. Fatty food made him need to lie down and I had to explain to him what PSI are, and the implications of the fact that there weren't any PSI in his car's tires. (Atmospheres for those not in America and worried they might be bearded hipsters.) He said, "oh, is that why going around corners felt weird?"

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

tim.jpg

• I hit exactly 0 of his requirements for 'Hipster'.

And my beard was inspired by this man's beard... :)

Ashkahn, from Float On

ashkahn.jpg

http://beardsy.com/archives/229

uh oh...an open letter to bearded hipsters...thankfully i passed the test at the end with flying colors, so i get to keep mine. 

• HOLY crap. I want to marry this woman. OMG. 

• beards for the win

2»