Insanely Horny, Semen Retention/nofap: Adrenal Fatigue?

edited April 2014 in General Discussion

If that headline didn't catch your attention, I don't know what will!

Disclaimer, this is a balls and all account, please do not read if you are squeamish.

Firstly, some stats:

26yrs old / 67kg / 180cm

Type A personality

Very active (crossfit /or strength training, between once and 4 times a week depending on work schedule)

Strict Paleo, recently with inclusion of rice + starchier carbs.

I have a very strange new "issue" arise over past couple of weeks..an aching, debilitating desire to ejaculate. 

It should be noted that I've been practicing semen retention/nofap on and off for the past 5 months

Not that I was excessively ejaculating before trying this technique, but after implementing it i've had some tremendous improvements in my every day life: from heightened alertness/ concentration to strength and size gains at the gym etc..

I usually only go 7 days and with no negative side effects (besides wanting to hump everything that crosses my path!) but recently after I ejaculate I have 24hours of intense brain fog, poor performance at the gym and general feeling of shitiness! 

Almost like a drug comedown (as i'd imagine..)

I tried cutting back to 3-4 days between ejaculation, with no improvement.

By the second or 3rd day, i'm so intensely horny that I wake up in the middle of the night... and during the day I experience a type of heightened adrenaline rush, so much so that I feel dizzy and can't concentrate!

This escalates to feelings of anxiety and aggression.

Ejaculation relieves it but only slightly, and a few days later it returns.

I should note also that I have upped my strength training during this time, and toyed a little with starchier safe carbs like rice etc.

Not sure if that has anything to do with it..

I've also cut back on caffeine for 10 days, but to no avail...

It feels like what I'd imagine adrenal fatigue would feel like, but thats just an assumption..

Has any other guys ever felt this sensation??

I don't know what else to try, other than "relieving myself" more often, but that would defeat the purpose of the semen retention...

PS: I realise that this may come across a little "woe is me", and although I'm glad i'm too horny instead of not at all, it is genuinely is debilitating and i'm willing to try anything to harness it correctly! :)

Comments

• You don't mention if you're practicing any sort of qigong / yoga / tantra. Are you?

I think doing so is important because it helps you to transmute the energy. Otherwise you are just overloading your circuits (not a technical term).

If you aren't studying qigong/yoga/tantra, I might be able to recommend some good teachers or books, depending on where you are geographically.
  • edited April 2014

You don't mention if you're practicing any sort of qigong / yoga / tantra. Are you?

I think doing so is important because it helps you to transmute the energy. Otherwise you are just overloading your circuits (not a technical term).

If you aren't studying qigong/yoga/tantra, I might be able to recommend some good teachers or books, depending on where you are geographically.

Thanks for your prompt reply Tycho, 

I probably practice Yoga once a month (pitiful!) but I have full intention of including it in my routine more often.

Daily would be ideal obviously but I don't have the time at the moment.. I will prioritise it over the next few days, give it a proper go and see how it affects me!

PS: I'm based in Paris France

Thanks!

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    edited April 2014

OK, I kind of know what you mean here. Whenever I experiment with the whole no-fap thing, the desire to come can get so fierce that I can't help but whack off or tackle my wife. However, as you've realized, this is a potent energy. It's really hard to handle. If you could channel it into other areas of your life, you'd see a huge boost, yes?

Well, I'm not really an expert at this sort of thing. By any stretch. However I've been doing some reading lately on how to channel my sexual energies towards things like focus or creativity, rather than dropping fat loads 24/7. If you're open to meditation and chi and stuff that I feel too close-minded to experiment with right now, I'd suggest a book called "The Multi-Orgasmic Man". It teaches you how to control your ejaculations, however the bulk of the book talks about the management of sexual energies. If you're into that kind of thing, I think the book could be very useful to you. I'm about half-way through it and don't honestly feel like it's been worth my while, but maybe I'll give it another shot one of these days.

Meditation, HRV and other techniques should help you utilize that sexual energy in other ways, though. It'd be a shame to waste it all in busted nuts, eh?

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• edited April 2014

OK, I kind of know what you mean here. Whenever I experiment with the whole no-fap thing, the desire to come can get so fierce that I can't help but whack off or tackle my wife. However, as you've realized, this is a potent energy. It's really hard to handle. If you could channel it into other areas of your life, you'd see a huge boost, yes?

Well, I'm not really an expert at this sort of thing. By any stretch. However I've been doing some reading lately on how to channel my sexual energies towards things like focus or creativity, rather than dropping fat loads 24/7. If you're open to meditation and chi and stuff that I feel too close-minded to experiment with right now, I'd suggest a book called "The Multi-Orgasmic Man". It teaches you how to control your ejaculations, however the bulk of the book talks about the management of sexual energies. If you're into that kind of thing, I think the book could be very useful to you. I'm about half-way through it and don't honestly feel like it's been worth my while, but maybe I'll give it another shot one of these days.

Meditation, HRV and other techniques should help you utilize that sexual energy in other ways, though. It'd be a shame to waste it all in busted nuts, eh?

Sounds great, i'm really open to that.. i'm generally a quite sappy/spiritual kind of person, but since going gung-ho Paleo + Nofap, i've become this impatient, heartless machine haha

However it makes sense that a mindfulness practice/ meditation etc would help.. I will give it a shot!

PS: 

Sometimes the urges get so intense, that i'm hard all day.. with leakage, and by this point it feels like the point of no return.

Is it possible (in your experience) to sleep it off and return from this??

And, edging?? Some people have mentioned they nofap with edging... sounds horrendously torturous!

Did you experiment with that? 

• I agree with the suggestion of mantak chia's book "the multiorgasmic man." There is a meditation / visualization called the microcosmic orbit -- do that. It basically circulates the energy to your whole body. You can probably find it online -- YouTube videos or sites describing it.

Yes, sex or masturbating and getting close to ejaculation and backing off (or changing the energy) is a common practice. At first it can be very intense and feel like too much energy, more than your body can handle. Go slow, be careful, and use your judgment. If you feel the need to ejaculate now and then to stay sane it's not a horrible thing.
  • SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Sleeping it off tends to help, yes. The trouble is getting to sleep to begin with lol.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

At first I thought it might be a cortisol issue, now I'm second guessing myself.

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• I agree with the suggestion of mantak chia's book "the multiorgasmic man." There is a meditation / visualization called the microcosmic orbit -- do that. It basically circulates the energy to your whole body. You can probably find it online -- YouTube videos or sites describing it.

Yes, sex or masturbating and getting close to ejaculation and backing off (or changing the energy) is a common practice. At first it can be very intense and feel like too much energy, more than your body can handle. Go slow, be careful, and use your judgment. If you feel the need to ejaculate now and then to stay sane it's not a horrible thing.

Ok great, thanks for the suggestion i'll look it up!

Sleeping it off tends to help, yes. The trouble is getting to sleep to begin with lol.

Yes that tends to be the problem... I'm getting to a "point of no return" with my arousal that getting to sleep sometimes can be challenging...

It creeps up through my body, into my throat, and swirls around my head in a dizzy kind of euphoric daze!!! 

So intense haha

Have you learned about your accupressure point called the Jen-Mo?

These two books are solid gold: http://www.amazon.com/The-Tao-Sexology-Infinite-Wisdom/dp/0942196031 
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-System-Self-Healing-Exercises/dp/0942196066 

No I have not!

Googling now!! 

Thanks Seth

At first I thought it might be a cortisol issue, now I'm second guessing myself.

Thanks Roxas, can you elaborate? 

This is why I suggested a adrenal fatigue type symptom, perhaps I was too high on caffeine, then working out loads and burning my adrenals out..and now suffering the consequences.

Not sure.. meditation will definately help though, will see.

• Nofap with edging is potent as fuck.. energy and focus-wise. :)

Sounds great, i'm really open to that.. i'm generally a quite sappy/spiritual kind of person, but since going gung-ho Paleo + Nofap, i've become this impatient, heartless machine haha

However it makes sense that a mindfulness practice/ meditation etc would help.. I will give it a shot!

PS: 

Sometimes the urges get so intense, that i'm hard all day.. with leakage, and by this point it feels like the point of no return.

Is it possible (in your experience) to sleep it off and return from this??

And, edging?? Some people have mentioned they nofap with edging... sounds horrendously torturous!

Did you experiment with that? 

Tried it tonight, not sure if I feel focused, but I feel like I could move a bus!!!

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

Ok great, thanks for the suggestion i'll look it up!

Yes that tends to be the problem... I'm getting to a "point of no return" with my arousal that getting to sleep sometimes can be challenging...

It creeps up through my body, into my throat, and swirls around my head in a dizzy kind of euphoric daze!!! 

So intense haha

No I have not!

Googling now!! 

Thanks Seth

Thanks Roxas, can you elaborate? 

This is why I suggested a adrenal fatigue type symptom, perhaps I was too high on caffeine, then working out loads and burning my adrenals out..and now suffering the consequences.

Not sure.. meditation will definately help though, will see.

Everything in your first post seemed like a cortisol issue to me but 

"PS: 

Is it possible (in your experience) to sleep it off and return from this??"

these seem like very rare symptoms since you're only going a week without blasting and you've been at it for 5 months? You should be well adapted by now. I've never seen adrenal fatigued tied so intimately with ejaculation before, which leads me to believe it's something else. Never the less a 5 point cortisol test wouldn't hurt.

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• Adrenal Fatigue isn't caused by not ejaculating.

And verge: go move a bus ;) That's a better use of your energy than blasting it out of your junk.

Have you thought about being a firefighter? NFFF: NoFap Fire Fighter - able to single handedly rescue entire families of people from burning buildings, with the power of his sublimated seminal energy!!! ;)

========

Requires a fair bit of willpower, jesus...

Also, some of the health-related problems associated with fapping (such as dopamine releases) are still associated with edging.