Idiot Alert - How To Make Bp

Ordered the bp coffee beans, and of course it was the actual beans and not ground.

Well tried for the last couple of days to get something out of them.  Have zero coffee experience, I resorted to putting hot water and the beans in a blender. Didn't turn out well. Tried this morning to boil them in a pot with water. Not a hope. I feel  like I would need a to cook them in lava to craic them.

Can't wait to finally drink their caffeine blood, but at the moment their laughing at me. Must say they smell pretty good and fresh, taking this ridiculous level of resilence is a good thing??

Just out of interest can anyone tell me why coffee beans always migrate towards each other in a pot of water??

TIA

Comments

• Did I understand correctly that you didn't grind your coffee beans?  If you don't own one, coffee grinders are fairly inexpensive and can double as spice grinders.

Mary

• Ordered the bp coffee beans, and of course it was the actual beans and not ground.

Well tried for the last couple of days to get something out of them.  Have zero coffee experience, I resorted to putting hot water and the beans in a blender. Didn't turn out well. Tried this morning to boil them in a pot with water. Not a hope. I feel  like I would need a to cook them in lava to craic them.

Can't wait to finally drink their caffeine blood, but at the moment their laughing at me. Must say they smell pretty good and fresh, taking this ridiculous level of resilence is a good thing??

Just out of interest can anyone tell me why coffee beans always migrate towards each other in a pot of water??

TIA

I wanted to take the time to welcome you to the Bulletproof forum, oneshot2shots.  

For coffee pointers, you might want to check out the Bulletproof Executive website, particularly:  http://www.bulletproofexec.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/  Searching the forum for "coffee" or looking through the coffee-related threads should get you some solid answers, too.  

Good luck to you!

BP Moderator

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

epic_facepalm.jpg

Learning new stuff can be tricky sometimes. Google everything ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

uhh huh.. the title fits :D yes, do grind the beans

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Ok, thanks guys.

I promise that was my last idiot question for the year  :-P .

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited April 2014

No, just shoot, any questions you have, better to clarify in time than boiling your beans for a week to get something out. :D Don't ever worry about it. You can get decent grinders for cheap, and the coffee will taste much better than pre-ground.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Thanks for the good laugh!  Sorry it was at your expense (but we were laughing with you, not at you).

Seriously, better to ask than to not know (although I have to say I'm often thankful for Google, Wikipedia, Dictionary.com, etc.)

Mary

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Go to a cafe and order a cup of black coffee. Ask them to show you how they make it from the whole beans all the way through to a finished cup. It should only take them a few minutes to explain everything.

I don't want to sound condescending, but you don't seem to know literally anything about coffee! So for $3 or whatever, its worth it to learn more. Seriously, you'll learn a LOT from just doing that. :-D

• I, for one, got a nice lil ab workout from this thread :) Thank you!

By the way, welcome to the forum! You've got this! :D