Placebo Sleep Affects Cognitive Functioning

Evidence that the mind's biases can affect cognitive performance..

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24417326

Comments

• GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence

That's an interesting find, nice catch @BriMcS.

I've actually been "tampering" with my sleep cycles to try and find a way for me to actually sleep (insomnia, caffeine, etc) but at the same time try to limit my sleep to a maximum of 3 hours within a two day period. I don't seem to notice any real negative effect in regards to thought processes or memory, but when ever I'm getting near the time to "reset" I do notice I become lazier. Not lazier in the sense of being terribly tired, but a forced lazy to force myself into a scenario where I basically can drift to sleep.

Of course this isn't something I do every day of the month. I have been trying to do it in a form of 1 week limited sleep, then cycle to getting a maximum of 5-6 hours of sleep a night for the next week. And I definitely do not condone or suggest anyone drive without sleep.

>.> I'm rambling. But honestly with the coupling of a proper diet and my nootropic stack I manage to easily power through the week of "activity" and get projects started and finished within a two to three day period.