Best Substitute For Adderral?

I am trying to stop taking Adderral, but have yet to find a nooptic that pumps me and my brain up as much. i tried Pramaracetam, and after two days. felt nothing. Yesterday, I tried 750 mg of anaracetam, but the effects were mild. Definitely felt a decrease in my revved up feeling, which was really exciting, but I didn't feel the brain effects I was hoping for. Wondering if I should take a larger dose? If so, what would people recommend? I could really use something for an inner anxiety that I carry around a lot, so I'm intrigued by what seems to be an anti anxiety effect of the anaracetam. So not sure I want to give up on that completely. 

Also, would welcome other suggestions of what might help most with brain fog, attention and focus? I have a paper to write and really need to be immersed and focused. 

Took Modifinal once and didn't like the feelings from that...

Comments

• If you really want to quit adderall, then firstly, you need to accept a life without amphetamines.  Understand that nootropics don't do what amphetamines do and don't even bother looking for that.  Secondly, I'd be eating a pristine bulletproof diet (BPC every day with lots of GF butter and Brain Octane oil) with a focus on foods rich in phenylalaline - you probably significantly downregulated your dopamine production from whatever time you were on Adderall.  You also might want to do some HRV training to get the nervous system back in balance.

• ZenfoodZenfood ɹǝqɯǝɯ pǝɔuɐʌp∀

You are damaging your amygdala.

If you have ADD/ADHD you should avoid caffeine.

Start with EGCG pills (decaffeinated ones) they improve your working memory. Pair this with curcumin (I would recommend http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-Best-Curcumin-C3-Complex-with-BioPerine-1000-mg-120-Tablets/12137#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=doctors%20best%20c3&rc=243&sr=null&ic=2) and you will "uninflame" your brain and get things done.

• I don't take adderall regularly, but am referring to the complete focus and energy i feel when on it. Have only tinkered with the racetams, but am looking for ideas as to the correct amount - perhaps or aniracetam or one of the others - that might increase focus, clarity,e tc. 

I take 750 mg of aniracetam and feel calmer, but not necessarily more focused. Wondering why might be the best dosage for that or if it makes sense to take it with another something. Not familiar at all with stacking, but wondering what people think about hat as well?

so - possible dosage of aniracetam?

OR   - possible stacking combo?

Thans so much!

• GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence

I'd go for a stack maybe something like Sunifiram, Adrafinil and Pramiracetam/Noopept. Taking those three (or four) would give you a definite cognitive boost that would be stimulating AMPA, GABA, and ACh receptors which are all used for memory formation and focus. Also the adrafinil would give you a mental type of energetic effect that would

help keep you driving on through the day. All three/four of these are very potent nootropics that I definitely can say have helped me with not taking pharmies.

• Wow, haven't heard of most of those except the pramiracetam. How much of each would you suggest?  

Thanks so much!

• Also if I take too late in the day, could they cause problems with sleep?

• CycloneCyclone rich in satisfats

In my opinion, modafinil can give you similar focus as methylphenidate or amphetamines with less health risk. It's still something you'd want to be careful with though and cycle off frequently.

You may want to look at something to increase choline too, like Alpha GPC. Alpha Brain is a good stack to try, although a pricier option.

• Thanks. I think I tried Nuvigil once, is that's the same and didn't like the side effects - Felt kind of sleepy and hungover all day.Wish that weren't the case.

edited April 2014
    Nuvigil is a related but different drug: armodafinil

I've never taken it, but those sound like the opposite effects of what it's supposed to do. Perhaps your body chemistry reacts differently to this family of drugs though. In which case, adrafinil which is convertered to modafinil by the liver would also not be beneficial for you.
  • Interesting. Maybe I'll try it in that case. Does one need a script?

Modafinil requires a prescription to obtain legitimately. But I understand in the US and UK it is easy to buy from online vendors.

Adrafanil can be purchased without a prescription.
  • edited April 2014

It's important to note that some racetams take some time for full effect, sometimes up to one or two weeks - they are often not something you will get immediately noticeable results form, as the effect will crescendo over time.

Are you taking Adderall on a script, or is it just something you decided to take? An amphetamine is not the best thing to be using without a script. While I know some people can use them with no issue, using without being fully-aware of the consequences could be detrimental. A friend of mine was actually prescribed Vyvanse, yet still fell into a state of psychosis with frequent hallucinations after a time due to stress.

Not to say that modafinil is 100% safe either, but it will be nowhere near as mentally-toxic as an amphetamine. You can pick a small order if you wish from our shop at ModaMinds. We also have some people leaving reviews and chemical analyses on Reddit soon.

ModaMinds - Worldwide delivery of modafinil
    7% off with BULLETPROOF7 or 30% off with Bitcoin orders
  • Thanks for your reply about modafinil. I would love to know what your safety concerns might be regarding this particular drug.
  • GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence
    edited April 2014

I'd go for a stack maybe something like Sunifiram, Adrafinil and Pramiracetam/Noopept. Taking those three (or four) would give you a definite cognitive boost that would be stimulating AMPA, GABA, and ACh receptors which are all used for memory formation and focus. Also the adrafinil would give you a mental type of energetic effect that would

help keep you driving on through the day. All three/four of these are very potent nootropics that I definitely can say have helped me with not taking pharmies.

Wow, haven't heard of most of those except the pramiracetam. How much of each would you suggest?  

Thanks so much!

###

Sunifiram take two 12mg capsules (one before breakfast, and another post-lunch)

Adrafinil take a single 300mg capsule (probably just before lunch)

Pramiracetam I would take 2-3 300mg capsules a day (one/two at breakfast and another post-lunch)

There's plenty of information about these nootropics all over the web. Wikipedia is kind of...empty.. when it comes to indepth nootropic details. I would scout around various vendor sites (Smart Drugs for Thought has a downloadable PDF on their "Piracetam Research" page that contains information pertaining to all of the racetam chemicals) as they (should) have a good deal about each nootropic they carry.

###

Also if I take too late in the day, could they cause problems with sleep?

###

With some of the nootropics you could experience trouble sleeping, but I think you'll be fine so long as you take them before 6PM (4-5hrs prior to going to sleep). I've never noticed them keeping me up when trying to sleep, but I already have a horrible enough time trying to sleep anyways.

###

• I just posted something about my concern about the research on some of these other racetams. I'd like to try Sunifram and Adafrinal as you suggest, but I'm wondering about the research that's been done on these two smart drugs. Hesitant to try them because they seem so far...I guess one might say, "out there". But maybe I haven't read enough.

Would love people's thoughts.

Thanks!!