John Keifer Criticising Bp Coffee.

http://body.io/research-review-i/

Please listen from 1hour onwards where Keifer speaks about & why cream is better in coffee than butter & coconut oil is better than MCT oil added to coffee aswell.

Would be very interested in regular BPC drinkers comments.

Comments

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

When is Kiefer's Mycotoxin-free "Neanderthal Coffee" coming out?

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• As usual Dave is getting slammed because he is making big claims without enough solid data. And the bigger the brand gets the more people will scrutinize and critizise him.

I really like kiefer but i have to say that he is a bit lazy. I mean cmon how hard is it really to visit this website to find out how you mix butter with coffee???
  • Im gonna give heavy whipping cream a go for a month see how it goes..  Then I'll know I guess! 

\m/(>.<)\m/ www.trucke.co.uk - my rockband!! \m/(>.<)\m/

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

I used to use a lot of whipping cream, until I found out that all of them have carrageenean (I'm lazy to check spelling of this, especially on the extra slow work laptop). I love the taste but it's not worth it. Maybe the one sold at the farmers market doesn't contain it, but even that one is pasteurized.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• I just bought some whipping cream ... It goes off tomorrow :-/ 

\m/(>.<)\m/ www.trucke.co.uk - my rockband!! \m/(>.<)\m/

• I ran across a video yesterday with Abel James talking about using cream in his coffee along with MCT/coconut oil/butter. He said he just did it because he likes to try different things all the time, and likes the taste of cream. If you do well with dairy, I can't see much wrong with it.

Men are undoubtedly more in danger from prosperity than adversity.  For when matters go smoothly, they flatter themselves, and are intoxicated by their success.  ~John Calvin

• edited April 2014
    One way I can see it being helpful is if you found it difficult to get someone to try BPC in the first place. Cream would be an easier place to start than butter, from a comfort perspective.

Men are undoubtedly more in danger from prosperity than adversity.  For when matters go smoothly, they flatter themselves, and are intoxicated by their success.  ~John Calvin

• The scientist calling them microtoxins was cute, most of his basis was because butter doesn't stir into coffee (idiot), that why we use a high powered blender to reestablish the small globules of short chain fatty acids, just minus the lactose and casein, if you like heavy cream better, try it, if it works better for you, do it.  I don't recall Dave ever changing his tune and suggesting coconut oil over mct after he was on his podcast, though it has always been an option, much like everything else.

I just listened his podcast, and firstly you are totally incorrect about his argument. He never argued that you should use cream because it mixes better. He argued that you should use cream because cream has its milk fat globule membranes intact. Whereas butter doesn't. And he argued that this is important, because intact milk fat membranes have health benefits. 

• Its hard to find grassfed cream without carageenan. Super Kolona is the only brand I have seen. and its $8 a bottle. It does make fantastic whipped cream in a blendtec in about 5 seconds though.

• yeah some interesting arguments. i'd like to hear a response from some of the folks around here that are more informed about this stuff...jason hooper? marina?

• NoogisNoogis
    edited April 2014
    Sorry, parts of that seemed really douchey. Dave must have a bullseye lately.

All these guys crying about "not getting credit" is getting old. Maybe we should practice some no fap with our ego?

Getting the info out there and contributing to the knowledge should be more important than worrying about their brand.

There seemed to be a clear ax to grind, and it was off putting.

The cream thing was interesting enough to try next week to see if I feel any different.

Shitting all over butyric acid didn't make much sense to me. It was kinda like he just went down the list of bp coffee benefits and whined.

And sorry, but anyone who advocates glutendoughnutpizza cheat days shouldn't be complaining about people consuming mct oil or putting butter in coffee.

Edit: lmfao. He was joking about at least there isn't a bulletproof butter product. Dave just launched upgraded ghee 10 minutes ago.

Ahahaha that's delicious.

• Regardless of the argument for or against, don't forget the reason why butter is used instead of cream, butter is a fat, cream is more than a fat, intermittent fasting is done with a fat, if you don't want to fast, use cream if you want (like those already having breakfasts or protein). He even mentions that it ends fasting as a positive for doing it.

That is just incorrect. There's absolutely zero evidence that ingesting butter wont stop fasting. I repeat, zero evidence. Moreso, at least my cream has about 3g of carbs per 100g and around 2g of protein per 100g. So IF butter doesn't break the fast, ingesting 50-100g of cream wont most likely either due to the low number of carbs and protein involved.

• John keifer, is that you?

That is just incorrect. There's absolutely zero evidence that ingesting butter wont stop fasting. I repeat, zero evidence. Moreso, at least my cream has about 3g of carbs per 100g and around 2g of protein per 100g. So IF butter doesn't break the fast, ingesting 50-100g of cream wont most likely either due to the low number of carbs and protein involved.

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

Sorry, parts of that seemed really douchey. Dave must have a bullseye lately.

All these guys crying about "not getting credit" is getting old. Maybe we should practice some no fap with our ego?

Getting the info out there and contributing to the knowledge should be more important than worrying about their brand.

There seemed to be a clear ax to grind, and it was off putting.

The cream thing was interesting enough to try next week to see if I feel any different.

Shitting all over butyric acid didn't make much sense to me. It was kinda like he just went down the list of bp coffee benefits and whined.

And sorry, but anyone who advocates glutendoughnutpizza cheat days shouldn't be complaining about people consuming mct oil or putting butter in coffee.

Edit: lmfao. He was joking about at least there isn't a bulletproof butter product. Dave just launched upgraded ghee 10 minutes ago.

Ahahaha that's delicious.

"Practising no fap with our ego".. I love this guy!

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.