Rotting Food

Howdy,

What's the story with rotting vegetables? Every now and then some of my lettuce/sprouts/broccoli spends too much time in the fridge and starts to turn a little bit brown/yellow at the ends. Is it still OK to eat? I'm guessing it's not optimal, but not terminal either. Or is it the kind of thing that should be avoided entirely?

Cheers.

"Either work hard or you might as well quit."

Stanley Kirk Burrell aka MC Hammer

Comments

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    edited April 2014

I eat 'imperfect' fruits and veggies all the time. I just carve off the bad parts and eat up. But it's almost certainly not optimal. The BP diet makes a big deal out of freshness and the avoidance of molds, so such fruits and veggies probably aren't BP.

In the case of broccoli, I'll steam it up as long as it's not too discolored. If the majority of the head is nasty looking, I won't eat it.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

I don't think it would be too bad, depending how often it happens. If it happens a lot, maybe you need to reevaluate your buying routine.