Supplementing Issues/techniques With Bp Coffee

Hello all!

With my BP coffee breakfast, I am used to taking my vit. D, krill, cod liver oil, and usually some vit. C.  

But recently, I heard in two different places, that caffeine tends to inhibit absorption of nutrients, and one must not supplement alongside coffee.

The information out there is quite conflicting.  What do you all think?

Comments

• krill should be taken in pm to aid sleep. D, K2 should be taken in am...I take them away from my coffee just in case...like and hour after finishing it. 

Help me get my blog up and running...check it out for recipes and info

http://adventuresintheuncommon.wordpress.com

• krill should be taken in pm to aid sleep. D, K2 should be taken in am...I take them away from my coffee just in case...like and hour after finishing it. 

What do you take them with? Do you think a tsp of olive oil would do the trick for absorption? 

• I guess I've always hesitated to supplement on an empty stomach, because it sometimes makes my stomach hurt.  But I could supplement during lunch just as easily.

• edited April 2014

What do you take them with? Do you think a tsp of olive oil would do the trick for absorption? 

I finish my coffee about 9:30-10am then I take my thorne multi (half of them), D, K2, cycle vit C with my cod liver oil about 10:30-11am(not ideal). I have a very hard time taking pills on an empty stomach or even a BPC stomach. I eat lunch at 11:30 so my stomach doesn't hurt from the pills when I do it this way. I take my other half of my multi with supper and before bed I do krill, colostrum, magnesium, glutathione, potassium and cycle vit C, L-tryptophan and L-theanine. I take these with some butter/honey buttons (basically just butter whipped with raw honey and some vanilla powder, dropped onto parchment and frozen)

Dont really know how awesome this is but it is the only way it works for me.

(note...my eating window for BPIF is btwn 11:30 - 6:30... just works for me better)

Help me get my blog up and running...check it out for recipes and info

http://adventuresintheuncommon.wordpress.com

I take Dr. Mercola's krill oil, and on the bottle it says to take it with the first meal of the day.  What do you think?

• i usually drink a bunch of water when i first get up. then wait a while and take iodine, selenium, b12, and folic acid. then i wait a while again and take MSM, vitamin C, lysine, D3, K2, A, and zinc/copper with my coffee. i could be doing this all wrong, but i remember it being mentioned in a couple places that you don't want to take selenium/iodine with vitamin C, and i don't have a problem taking them and the b12/folic acid on an empty stomach, so thats why those are first. the others are all supposed to be taken with food i think (especially fat for the fat soluble ones) which is why i take them with my coffee (also because MSM tastes horrible). it was mentioned in a recent podcast, i think the one with the coffee expert guy, that caffeine is known to be a good "carrier"...they didn't really back that up with any sources, but the argument is that caffeine helps to move nutrients through the nervous system. could be BS, but i'm just goin on the little bits of things i pick up here and there. 

• MrsfloydMrsfloyd ✭✭
    edited April 2014

^  Oh man, so many contradictory statements from everywhere out there…  I wish there were a comprehensive definitive database out there about these things.

Good to know about the iodine and vit. C though.

I generally take all my supplements with food, divided by several bites and taken slowly.  I'm hoping for the best.

• yeah, like a wiki or reddit for supplements...that way you could have all of these contradictory sources listed in one place and compare them. i guess this forum is about the closest thing to that that i know of. 

• Anyone know if you can take colostrum with bpc? I've read it's best if taken on an empty stomach, but bpc is mostly just fat so it should be okay right?

• Anyone know if you can take colostrum with bpc? I've read it's best if taken on an empty stomach, but bpc is mostly just fat so it should be okay right?

There's colostrum in the Upgraded Whey, and the site suggests you try your BPC in an iced fashion with their whey blended in.  Included in the coffee infographic posted yesterday.  

• :-(

Whoops. I have been taking iodine with my BPC in the morning as well as C, D, and K.

but i remember it being mentioned in a couple places that you don't want to take selenium/iodine with vitamin C, 

• There's colostrum in the Upgraded Whey, and the site suggests you try your BPC in an iced fashion with their whey blended in.  Included in the coffee infographic posted yesterday.  

So I shouldn't take colostrum with anything hot? Does the heat damage it?