Clogged Brain After 2 Weeks

Hey

I was trying to transform my diet to Bulletproof and started to drink Bulletproof Cacao - using raw cacao in the recipe, instead of coffee - I don't feel good on too much caffeine.

At the beginning everything was good, I feel energized and happy every morning. But after 2 weeks everything started to go bad. I drank as usual my cacao with kerrygold butter and mct oil and after about 4 hours ate buckwheat/rice flour bread (right now I can't eat anything healthier at work).

My brain felt clogged, like I burnt all the fat and glycogen from previous day, but I couldn't get energy from bread. I felt like I had no brain at all, had problem to hear anyone else in the room, I couldn't think about anything for 2 hours and next hours were not much better.

What could possibly go wrong? Is this effect of fat-caused temporary insulin resistance?

When I come back home, I often eat soups with mct oil and butter and ice cream made of butter and mct oil. I eat quite a lot of healthy fats for months and nothing like this happened to me earlier.

Comments

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred
    I see gluten free bread, what else are you eating in terms of carbs and how many grams of carbs per day? Sounds like mega brain fog to me

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• Welcome to the Bulletproof Forum, mcwl! Please feel free to check out any resources on bulletproofexec.com: http://www.bulletproofexec.com/the-complete-illustrated-one-page-bulletproof-diet/ is a good place to start.

If you need assistance, don't hesitate to let the moderators know.

Regards,

BP Moderator
  • ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

Yeah, we need to know your whole diet, not just within an hour or two of your symptoms.

At first glance I'm with Roxas, you didn't mention any usable sources of starch. No starch can make you crash like that. If you are still feeling crappy and haven't gotten good starch, cook a shit ton of white rice and eat it over a few meals. Shoot for >150g carbs in a day, make it 3 cups cooked white rice + a sweet potato.

A lot of those "healthy" breads are designed to basically just be a low-calorie thing to put around sandwich ingredients and pass through you. You are not getting very much of anything useful from your bread. Do not avoid healthy carbs after work simply because you know you had unhealthy carbs at work. 

• edited April 2014

A big mistake people often make when converting to a BP diet is not ensuring they are keeping their major mineral levels up. Things like calcium and potassium are vital and it's very easy to drop well below the RDI on these with a BP diet. Pre BP most people are consuming lots of grain and dairy based products along with some fruits which although can have negative impacts on health do at least generally get you over the line calcium, potassium, etc wise. To the thread starter, a good start would be to take a look at your total daily intake of calcium and potassium from what you're eating and compare to the RDI... you may be surprised. 

MSc student. Health Nerd.