Ciltep Or Alpha Brain?

Looking to try Ciltep or Alpha Brain. 

Is one recommended over the other? How may should I be taking of each. Mix and match?

Comments

• GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence

I have limited experience with Ciltep and only took Alpha Brain a few times. I don't continue to use Alpha Brain as it's a Alpha GPC driven proprietary blend that I don't see a lot of use for (personally)...

Then again I'm a hands on type of guy and prefer making my own stack as opposed to grabbing up a proprietary blend that has doses too small to really do all that much (the racetam doses in Alpha Brain match that criteria IMHO).

• @BPMaven - listen to the podcast Dave did w/ creator of CILTEP.  They discuss 'ciltep vs. alpha brain.'  

I currently have both and have taken each separately as well as in stack form.  General thoughts: alpha brain makes me feel more awake, focused & social while Ciltep makes me less social, a little tired, and a little focused.  The main theme I'm taking from these BP forums & podcasts is everyone is wired differently chemically.  You should do what I did and experiment to see which one works best for you. 

• I tried out Alpha Brain ~2 years ago. I didn't find a WHOLE lot of change with it, at that point. 2 of my other friends said that it was an incredibly powerful supplement for them. This was AB from the same bottle that I received mine from. I may give it a go at some point, or put together my own version of AB (once I understand the pieces even better). My brain chemistry has changed since last trying AB, as has my diet, so I have no idea how it'd affect me right now :)

This said, I have CILTEP enroute to me (It crossed into Canada today!!! YAY!!), and I'm excited to test that out, to see what types of results I get from it.

Great thread! Thanks for creating it!

• I would recommend building your own stack so that you can control dosages. Some of the things in Alpha Brain and CILTEP work, and I understand it's convenient to have everything in one capsule, but this limits your dosing capability and it may not suit your responsiveness levels. For example, check out the FAQ over at /r/Nootropics: http://www.reddit.com/r/nootropics/wiki/faq#wiki_what_is_the_consensus_on_alpha_brain.3F

ModaMinds - Worldwide delivery of modafinil
    7% off with BULLETPROOF7 or 30% off with Bitcoin orders
  • zero33zero33 Thinks plants have feelings.
    edited April 2014

I had an excellent experience with AlphaBrain as my first nootropic. I am ACh dominant and started with an ACh deficiency so I responded very well to it and used 2-3 caps a day for a quite a while.

Once I got my ACh deficiency lowered, my response became less dramatic but still very pleasant. Now I only use the AlphaBrain for enhancing dreams - which is a trip in and of itself!

Buy it directly from Onnit your first time because they offer a money-back guarantee if you don't like it.

CILTEP is totally different and my current nootropic of choice - especially when stacked with BioCreatine. I've been using it for several months and take 2 caps daily six days a week (tried 3 for a while but there was no increase in benefits). It positively effects my mood, energy and focus and the measurable effects to my memory, cognition, attention, etc. have been powerful.

NaturalStacks is an awesome company - very customer oriented.

Coder/Shaper who thinks this is his blog: alienvir.us

• Agree with this 100%.  Anybody who is a regular user of this forum should feel very good about NS.

My $0.02 about Alpha Brain - I think that people should experiment with the components, mainly Alpha GPC and HupA for cognition.  Read up on these and stack them with and without Piracetam.  Measure your progress and report back.

I'm about to start adding Alpha Brain levels of HupA (50mcg or so) to my stack on occasion to see if I can get an extra 30 or 60 minutes of peak studying done.

NaturalStacks is an awesome company - very customer oriented.

• brainstorm11brainstorm11 ✭✭
    edited April 2014

I've put up a few articles on these subjects, but worth it to comment on them both.

Alpha Brain can definitely help a lot of people that are not getting a healthful diet. If you don't eat any eggs / vegans / vegetarians, the alpha GPC in Alpha Brain alone is going to provide improvements. The L-theanine is at a high enough dose to provide some benefits and the Huperzine A amount is quite high actually. For Bulletproof people, though, it isn't going to make a tremendous difference.

As for CILTEP, this is a bit different. It was actually developed in an open source method by the forum, which was perfected by general consensus of individuals willing to try it out on themselves. It may be true that you can get individual ingredients yourself (as ModaMind states), but unlike Alpha Brain, CILTEP was developed by the community. That somewhat ensures it is the optimal amount for the general audience (even if it is specific to the individual).

I'd say start with CILTEP as it is definitely a more established product from an efficacy standpoint.

And yes, Natural Stacks is badass with their focus on you and I / community.

• CILTEP is the real deal in my opinion. Works wonderfully. Alpha Brain's effects weren't beyond possible placebo.

MSc student. Health Nerd.

looking back at my food log the effects of the alphabrain did decrease when I started eating more vegans. ;)

...Alpha Brain can definitely help a lot of people that are not getting a healthful diet. If you don't eat any eggs / vegans / vegetarians, the alpha GPC in Alpha Brain alone is going to provide improvements...

• brainstorm11brainstorm11 ✭✭
    edited April 2014

Haha... well then... my cannibalistic tendencies have been exposed.

Worse, vegans are probably not Bulletproof either...

looking back at my food log the effects of the alphabrain did decrease when I started eating more vegans. ;)

• GarrettGarrett
    edited April 2014

Too much sugar. Not enough fat.

I don't think they would taste so great. A Bulletproof meal.. a vegan does not make.

Haha... well then... my cannibalistic tendencies have been exposed.

Worse, vegans are probably not Bulletproof either...

put an egg on top with a nice heavy drizzle of MCT and your go-to-go  :twisted:

Too much sugar. Not enough fat.

I don't think they would taste so great. A Bulletproof meal.. a vegan does not make.

• GarrettGarrett
    edited April 2014
    I'm down with that! :-P

put an egg on top with a nice heavy drizzle of MCT and your go-to-go :twisted: