After Reading This, You’Ll Never Look At A Banana In The Same Way Again

katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in The Bulletproof Diet

After reading this, you’ll never look at a banana in the same way again

March 27, 2014 at 5:56 pm
By Sina Anvari – Karenstan.net

This is interesting. After reading this, you’ll never look at a banana in the same way again. Bananas contain three natural sugars – sucrose, fructose and glucose combined with fiber. A banana gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy.

Research has proven that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. No wonder the banana is the number one fruit with the world’s leading athletes.

- See more at: www.undergroundhealth.com

Reading the first two paras above and you'd think it was a negative piece, but it's actually a positive piece!

I think the fact 99% of people eat a banana after less than 45mins of exercise if one reason 99% of people shouldn't eat banana's too often. I ate one most days for 30-35 years. Not eaten one since going bulletproof and getting fat adapted.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

Comments

• Whats the issue with bananas again?
  • Andy BoskampAndy Boskamp Andy Boskamp

Whats the issue with bananas again?

If you let them get ripe, then they're a bit high in fructose.

I buy green bananas and store them in the fridge. Fairly low fructose and great for gut health (in moderation, of course).

“The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.”

- Marcus Aurelius

• I had one today that was ripe. Just one though. I don't really understand the portions/serving size part of the BP diet yet.

• If you let them get ripe, then they're a bit high in fructose.

I buy green bananas and store them in the fridge. Fairly low fructose and great for gut health (in moderation, of course).

if you're eating under 50 g or carbs daily with a weekly refeed, ripe bananas are better because of the higher GI