Consequences Of Eating 2 Liters Of Ice Cream

johVOLjohVOL ALWAYS HUNGRY
edited April 2014 in The Bulletproof Diet

Today I did a challenge. I ate 2 liters, or 1.050 kgs of ice cream in just over half an hour. Vanilla, strawberry and chocolate in one container. Don't ask me why I did this - I have a good reason. Or actually, I don't. But what the heck. It's done. Not proud of it. 

I felt a little sick during and after the challenge, but now, a couple of hours later I feel quite fine. I didn't eat anything before the ice cream today either, except for two tbsp of potato starch. 

Out of curiousity; how will this giant ice cream binge affect me? I know I probably won't gain any considerable weight by one such binge, but how will all of the nasty chemicals, sugar etc. in the ice cream affect me and my performance? (There were sure a lot of "E"-s in the ingredients list... Quite a cheap ice cream, too) 

I basically ate 20 servings of 100g, and approx. 250g carbs (mostly sugar, I guess :shock: ), 95g fat, 60g protein and 2,100 calories. 

I'm just curious. Some people on this forum would probly have died after this, haha. My digestive tract hates me now, though  :oops:

Comments

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

Ugh. If you're going to do something stupid, do it right. Ben and Jerry's Vermonster is doing it right:

l.jpg

So, the lactose will probably give you trouble, and the sugar could cause a spike/crash unless you have really good blood sugar regulation. I'd be more worried about the weird ingredients in cheap ice cream, there must be some corn syrup in there and all kinds of other nasty stuff. Not sure what those will do since you don't list the ingredients. You may have some cravings for a few days. 

• johVOLjohVOL ALWAYS HUNGRY

just for shits and giggles, go to a bikram yoga class. 

Hahaha, don't think so... ouch 

• johVOLjohVOL ALWAYS HUNGRY

Ugh. If you're going to do something stupid, do it right. Ben and Jerry's Vermonster is doing it right:

l.jpg

So, the lactose will probably give you trouble, and the sugar could cause a spike/crash unless you have really good blood sugar regulation. I'd be more worried about the weird ingredients in cheap ice cream, there must be some corn syrup in there and all kinds of other nasty stuff. Not sure what those will do since you don't list the ingredients. You may have some cravings for a few days. 

YES! Looks delicious. 

Ingredients was:

Water, 23% cream, sugar, milk powder, 4% strawberry, glucose, invert sugar (?), cacao, vegetable oils, egg yolk, emulgator (E471veg. ,soyalecitin), stabilisator (E466, E407, E412, E440, E460, E410, E401, gelatin), aromas (e.g. etylvanillin, vanillin), citric acid, pigment (E160b, E150d, E120, E141).
    Can possibly contain traces of gluten, nuts, almonds and peanuts. 

Weirdly enough, I haven't had any cravings so far. Actually I haven't been hungry at all. Ate a carrot a little later just to get some nutrients, and didn't eat anything else until after my workout in the evening. Hm. Maybe they'll come eventually... 

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

Perhaps some inflammation from the veggie oils, soy, and chemicals. 

I've found the longer I've been eating healthy, the less cravings are an issue even after stuff like this. So maybe you won't have any. While doing this was clearly not a good thing, I'm of the opinion that a metabolically healthy human with no major food sensitivities should be able to do something like this occasionally and take it in stride. I think big doses of bad things occasionally are better than chronic low doses. 

• edited April 2014

Sounds like the biggest consequence would be a feeling of deep satisfaction. Moreso if you won a bet in the process. :)

I think it is funny how people do one thing outside the dietary budget and will feel as though some severe punishment awaits. I do it too, but, I then look at the bigger picture and realize that instant gratification has its place. Managing our diet isn't one of those places as the gratification comes over a long period of time. Mostly because these dietary goals are a long-term process toward shifting our food choices in a healthier direction. Stepping outside the envelope once in a while shouldn't make too much difference as the effects will be temporary, especially when compared to the effects of eating better stuff most of the time.

Even the original paleos would come across a honeycomb or a fruit tree every now and then, but overall they ate what was available most of the time. Over hundreds (thousands? hundreds of thousands?) of generations of this the body adapts to this range of food sources and can handle the occasional binge. Eating "un-food" a greater portion of the time is what is unhealthy.

It's all good. Don't sweat the small stuff.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

I've seen a video of a bodybuilder / John Romaniello eating a Vermonster to make a point about his (I think effective for recomposition) cyclic diet. Made me wish we had those things here :oops:  but we don't

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• As long as it is an isolated incident, I really don't think it is going to have any major long-term repercussions. If you start to obsess over every little trivial detail and aspect of your life, then you will be wasting your mental energy on regret/remorse and that will be more detrimental than eating some ice cream. Accept it, move on, and maybe put a positive spin on the situation by using this as motivation to eat extra clean for a few days or a week to compensate.

After all, who doesn't enjoy a bit (or a lot) of ice cream every now and then?

•  

I've seen a video of a bodybuilder / John Romaniello eating a Vermonster to make a point about his (I think effective for recomposition) cyclic diet. Made me wish we had those things here :oops:  but we don't

well, you can make your own choiches you know.. if you don't feel bad the days after then do it