I'm Disgusted By Meat

edited April 2014 in The Bulletproof Diet

I have a freezer full of grassfed organic meats, but 90% of the time I find it unpalatable .

I'm rarely in the mood to eat a dead animal, even knowing it can give me huge benefits

Any ideas how to get over this?

I need to start eating more meat but it's a struggle sometimes  :rolleyes: 

Comments

• mmejoannammejoanna ✭✭
    edited April 2014

How about eating very small portions? I eat a lot of BP soups, and often I put a small portion of (cooked) meat into the soup, sometimes with a bunch of cilantro on top as well. It's a whole meal and it's super tasty. The soup makes the meat taste better to me. 

Sounds like you might have real emotional resistance, though, which I understand. I was a physically weak and pasty vegetarian over 10 years, and then a weaker and even more pasty vegan for 2 years. I stopped altogether when an unrelated problem (I THINK it was unrelated) hospitalized me and triggered lots of blood work... the results showed I had hardly any protein or calcium in my blood -  good grief!! As it happened, I had actually been on a protein regime just then -  I had been eating protein with every meal for 2 weeks prior to this hospitalization and labs! Every single meal had tofu or nuts, beans and rice, or soy in it... and still, hardly any protein showed up in my blood work... I had proof that I was not assimilating what I was eating. So, I dropped the vegan/vegetarian dream. I feel very little guilt now, mostly just confidence, knowing empirically that my body suffers without meat.

Maybe you need something like that - maybe you should stop eating meat for awhile and see how (weak? crappy?) you feel, and also do some blood work? 

• ...or, you could throw in the towel and send me all of that organic grassfed meat.  You've got options.  Just sayin'

• Thinking the same thing. Mmm grassfed meat...

...or, you could throw in the towel and send me all of that organic grassfed meat. You've got options. Just sayin'

• edited April 2014

Find different recipes and test a variety of them with your meat, you might just find something new that is super delicious than what you were use to eating. I personally love the whole steak/ground beef, eggs and butter with some black pepper and salt option, its so simple and filling, I love it!

• Eventually it will be found that all living things have a conscious, even plants.  Ease your mind and be thankful you were born (currently) the dominant predator on the planet.   :D  :D  :D

Seeing through the chaotic.
  • RekaReka ✭✭✭

Does getting really hungry help?

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Pretend a doctor told you it's medicine

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• One animal died to fill your freezer. Many die to put plants on your plate.

• None of this is real anyway. 

• I have a freezer full of grassfed organic meats, but 90% of the time I find it unpalatable .

I'm rarely in the mood to eat a dead animal, even knowing it can give me huge benefits

Any ideas how to get over this?

I need to start eating more meat but it's a struggle sometimes  :rolleyes: 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

LISTEN TO ME DUDE.

You're not in the mood to eat a dead animal.

But are you really in the mood of leaving it there, on the freezer, making his death meaningless?

An animal died for you, an happy grassfed form of life.

Killed without knowing he would have been killed.

And now his fleshes are sitting there.

What a meaningless sacrifice.

If you really care about the fact that the poor beef died you have to show him respect.

Eat it.

Do it for him.

So he can nourish another form of life.

Death is a release from the impressions of the senses, and from desires that make us their puppets, and from the vagaries of the mind, and from the hard service of the flesh

He isn't here anymore.

Don't let his sacrifice become vain.

and grassfed meat is fucking delicious, go for it dude

• So there are a few reasons why you should not be too concerned here.

1. Plants feel too. They even react to your thought intentions.It has been shown that plants will react differently if you destroy them out of anger, vs if you eat them appreciatively. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleve_Backster

2. Everything is connected. The stuff you eat is just energy in a different form. Its all the same stuff, we are all the same stuff. Its basically just the illusion of meat. Look at it like converted sunlight. Cows are delicious concentrated sunlight.

3. The grass fed cow used its hooves, and manure to heal the grassland that it lived on. It deepened the soil layer, prevented desertification, and helped to trap carbon (if thats a real problem anyway) It lived the purpose for which it was here for. To live, and continue on as food to a grateful person.

• kaikai
    edited April 2014

1. Plants feel too. They even react to your thought intentions.It has been shown that plants will react differently if you destroy them out of anger, vs if you eat them appreciatively. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleve_Backster

The preponderance of evidence-based conclusions presented at that link appear to contradict Cleve Backster's theories.  So why did you select that link? 

• NoogisNoogis
    edited April 2014

Because I didn't have my original source links, and just grabbed a wiki link.  

and I used up all my perfection points about 3 weeks ago.

and some dissent never hurt anyone.

wiki is wiki.

Here:

"Those who did take it seriously though, were able to replicate the experiments.  The Advanced Human Technology Agency of the U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command was successful  (1983); by Rollin McCraty at HeartMath Institute and duplicated in Russia in the 1970′s and reported in the Russian textbook entitled,Parapsychology and Contemporary Science by A.P. Dubrov and V. N. Pushkin.

The idea of consciousness at the cellular level in humans lends credibility to the idea ofcellular memory (This is a concept that has been formulated following anecdotal accounts of transplant recipients undergoing personality changes.) as well as the theory made popular by Louise L. Hay that we store emotional trauma in various parts of our body and releasing this trauma can heal that area of the body.

To me, this is yet one more demonstration that consciousness is part of reality, (I addressed it in this post:  Consciousness Is Part of Reality, Not a Trick of Evolution)  The data is completely consistent with this theory.  It is yet another piece of science that provides us clues to the nature of consciousness and fills in the blanks for psychic people, such as myself, to better understand what we are dealing with."

http://weilerpsiblog.wordpress.com/2010/05/07/consciousness-at-the-cellular-level-the-experiments-of-cleve-backster/

A lot of this crazy metaphysical science seems to be done by the Russians. They even built giant pyramid replicas with different materials. I haven't decided if thats because Russians aren't as controlled as the scientists in the west, or if they aren't worried about being viewed as nutty. Or both..

The preponderance of evidence-based conclusions presented at that link appear to contradict Cleve Backster's theories.  So why did you select that link? 

• A lot of this crazy metaphysical science seems to be done by the Russians. They even built giant pyramid replicas with different materials. I haven't decided if thats because Russians aren't as controlled as the scientists in the west, or if they aren't worried about being viewed as nutty. Or both..

The various breakthroughs or borderline breakthroughs Germany was making right around world war era was light years ahead of the rest of the world.  Just think what is going on behind the scenes all over the world right now, that does not get leaked out due to world war defeat.

Seeing through the chaotic.
  • Absolutely. We are probably 50 years ahead technologically than what we know.

Daniel Suarez has a new fiction book out about this, is pretty good. Called "Influx".

The various breakthroughs or borderline breakthroughs Germany was making right around world war era was light years ahead of the rest of the world.  Just think what is going on behind the scenes all over the world right now, that does not get leaked out due to world war defeat.