Anyone Try Calea Zachatechichi?

Does anyone have experience with this herb which is a sleep inducer, as well as promising more vivid dreams?

Comments

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Ah, the sleep herb of the Aztecs, eh? No, can't say I've ever used it, but I've always wanted to. Back in the day, when I held an interest in lucid dreaming, I considered tracking some down. I hear it works well to increase the vividness of dreams as well as dream recall, possibly.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• I've also been interested in this particular herb. No experience with it. I would recommend tracking down a reputable seed/cutting supplier and growing it yourself.

As for a herb I do have experience with which is a sleep aid/ relaxer is Passion flower (Passiflora incarnata). Its been one of my strongest "plant allies" going on 12 years. For me it is my most potent weapon against insomnia. 

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• Interesting!  I have never even heard of passion flower!

My experience with Calea (which I get from Kava Hawaii, check them out online) is that I do dream more vividly but I remember less.  I have never used it long enough to really be able to track down the exact effects and see if they change over time…  But it is interesting.