Wild Salmon - Stove Top Method

Here's a quick and delicious way to cook salmon or any fish filets really. This is for two- three fillets.

- Bring the fish up to room temp and sprinkle with sea salt.

- In a medium size frying pan put one tbs of grass fed butter and one table spoon of coconut oil. Turn heat to medium temp.

- Wait a minute or two until the butter is completely melted and its starting to bubble a bit. Give it a stir and then add the fish filets skin side down. Let cook at medium temp for 6 minutes. (if the oil and butter start to really sputter turn heat down slightly)

- Flip the fish by carfully sliding a spatula under the skin. Always turn the fish away from you so you don't get splattered. Let cook for 2-3 minutes.

Serve with cooked veggies with lots of butter and sea salt or for your carb day use wild or white rice. The butter and coconut oil really blend for a fantastic taste on the fish.

Enjoy image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-)' />
Tagged:

Comments

• Had this myself yesterday, utterly delicious. The only slight difference is that I used a whole pack of butter and in quite a smalll pan. I melt the butter and scoop out the milk solids then I place the fish in so that it's practically submerged in the butter. I cook it on the lowest heat possible. If any of the salmon is above the surface of the clarified butter I use a spoon and baste it over. It doesn't take long to cook and I like to serve it on a bed of wilted spinach which has been tossed with butter and also like to drizzle a little olive oil and lemonjuice over the top and a sprinkle of chopped dill. It works brilliantly with trout too. I cook the fish so that it's still slightly underdone.

Salmon, grassfed butter and olive oil...it'ls like an Omega 3 trifecta of deliciousness.

• Had this myself yesterday, utterly delicious. The only slight difference is that I used a whole pack of butter and in quite a smalll pan. I melt the butter and scoop out the milk solids then I place the fish in so that it's practically submerged in the butter. I cook it on the lowest heat possible. If any of the salmon is above the surface of the clarified butter I use a spoon and baste it over. It doesn't take long to cook and I like to serve it on a bed of wilted spinach which has been tossed with butter and also like to drizzle a little olive oil and lemonjuice over the top and a sprinkle of chopped dill. It works brilliantly with trout too. I cook the fish so that it's still slightly underdone.

Salmon, grassfed butter and olive oil...it'ls like an Omega 3 trifecta of deliciousness.

I'm going to do the spinich next time and add the lemon, it was the best fish I've ever had last time and this will be better I'm sure. Thanks!
  • I was under the impression that Dave doesn't recommend cooking with butter....? Just what I thought.
  • Cooking with butter is common practice in BP.
  • See, I thought that too but in this thread, Pierre suggested to not do so;

http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/1610-whats-the-best-way-to-cook-ground-beef/

He said Dave recommends cooking with water...?
  • Just like with the diet, there is a spectrum for cooking. Pan frying in butter on low temperatures splits the yellow and green zones.
  • I just tried this the way the OP described it. It worked very well, thank you.
  • PuffTMDPuffTMD Welshman journey
    Here's a quick and delicious way to cook salmon or any fish filets really. This is for two- three fillets. - Bring the fish up to room temp and sprinkle with sea salt. - In a medium size frying pan put one tbs of grass fed butter and one table spoon of coconut oil. Turn heat to medium temp. - Wait a minute or two until the butter is completely melted and its starting to bubble a bit. Give it a stir and then add the fish filets skin side down. Let cook at medium temp for 6 minutes. (if the oil and butter start to really sputter turn heat down slightly) - Flip the fish by carfully sliding a spatula under the skin. Always turn the fish away from you so you don't get splattered. Let cook for 2-3 minutes. Serve with cooked veggies with lots of butter and sea salt or for your carb day use wild or white rice. The butter and coconut oil really blend for a fantastic taste on the fish. Enjoy image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-)' />/>

It the butter/Oil bubble/sputter is this to hi heat ?? I not entirely sure about when the heat damages the benefits of the butter/oil/fish?
  • Discoloration is a good sign of oxidation. Does the butter discolor when it bubbles?
  • PuffTMDPuffTMD Welshman journey

Discoloration is a good sign of oxidation. Does the butter discolor when it bubbles?

when cooking now I always use the lowest gas mark available and just leave the food if it needs more heat. I was not sure and remember hearing using low heat and wasn't sure where the level is. If you let butter heat to much it burns (brown's) which is why higher temps require oils to prevent this from happening.