Cellulite

This is a question for the bulletproof ladies out there. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I'm a 21-year-old girl, and I've developed quite noticeable cellulite on my legs and buttocks over the past years. Not sexy at all.

I've got a healthy weight with a bmi of 20, so it's not that I'm carrying some extra pounds. I try to eat as bulletproof as possible, but it's not always possible living at home.

Biggest problems are that I'm still eating factory farmed meat and drinking organic, but not bulletproof coffee, and sometimes with some organic milk with it.

I also supplement daily with about 5000 I.U of vitamin D3, sometimes 10.000 (I'm a small girl), krill oil, a tablespoon of chlorellapowder, spirulinapowder, macapowder, MSM and sometimes green clay. And I drink about half a spoon of matcha green tea almost every day.

Does it have to do something with too much toxin build up in my body? I also try to do barbell training, which helps a little, but not with the results I'd like to get.

Anyone knows a decent hack for this?
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello Christina, cellulite is a serious problem when it cross the level. You are doing right by taking 5000 I.U of vitamin D3 but there are lots of other things that you should look after. I must say you need to work hard in this situation by limiting your diet to only healthy foods. Drink lots of water each day at least 10 glass a day this will help a bit. Also i recommend you for using revitol cellulite cream so far the best solution i have discovered. You should try this cream because its stands with no side effects and infections.

Here are the 2 useful resources about this cream

http://www.amazon.co...z/dp/B001453QPQ

http://revitolcellulitecreamx.com

Stop eating meat for some months and make a daily tight routine for exercise and healthy meal. You must stick with a plan if you want to see real results. it is not an easy to go problem, You need to do some hard work.

Best Wishes...

Nancy
  • 'Pindia' wrote:

Hello Christina, cellulite is a serious problem when it cross the level. You are doing right by taking 5000 I.U of vitamin D3 but there are lots of other things that you should look after. I must say you need to work hard in this situation by limiting your diet to only healthy foods. Drink lots of water each day at least 10 glass a day this will help a bit. Also i recommend you for using revitol cellulite cream so far the best solution i have discovered. You should try this cream because its stands with no side effects and infections.

Stop eating meat for some months and make a daily tight routine for exercise and healthy meal. You must stick with a plan if you want to see real results. it is not an easy to go problem, You need to do some hard work.

Best Wishes...

Nancy
    'Pindia' wrote:

Hello Christina, cellulite is a serious problem when it cross the level. You are doing right by taking 5000 I.U of vitamin D3 but there are lots of other things that you should look after. I must say you need to work hard in this situation by limiting your diet to only healthy foods. Drink lots of water each day at least 10 glass a day this will help a bit. Also i recommend you for using revitol cellulite cream so far the best solution i have discovered. You should try this cream because its stands with no side effects and infections.

Best Wishes...

Nancy

Thanks for the comment. I have to say I drink a lot of water, perhaps too much on some days. Why do you advice to stop eating meat? One of Dave's podcasts there was a question about the choice between being a vegetarian or eating factory farmed meat, and Dave adviced the latter one.

I'm also quite sceptic about cellulite creams, it's expensive, and I think it only works because you massage your legs and therefor increase bloodcirculation. And oh, also the caffeine, that's why I sometimes use coffee grounds.

Like to know your opinion about this. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • The thinking behind meat words is just do not eat things that produce fat. Because fatty things do not improve the skin while healthy vegetables do thats why i have written that. it is just a basic suggestion.Sounds good that you are drinking lots of water and using coffee grounds.

And if you cannot afford creams no problem just take advise from your family doctor i am sure they will suggest you better solution according your skin type.
  • I'd be interested in this hack too if anyone has any advice?

The kinds of things that I would've thought would help would be:
    • Eliminating grains
    • Whole body vibration plates
    • Maybe nitric oxide or l-arginine supplementation (increased bloodflow)
    • Cold thermogenesis?
    www.optimoz.com.au

Upgraded products for Aussies AND NOW NZ!!
  • edited August 2014

Hi,

Please see my solutions below

Exercise: Exercise improves blood flow to connective tissue and also strengthens the muscles that can help tighten and support the skin. One of the best ways to get rid of cellulite in an area is to do a targeted weight-training program, which you can learn more about in How to Tone and Lose Fat In One Body Part.

Creams: Skin tightening creams with herbal formulas and ingredients such as aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, yeast extract, soy protein, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin A can help to hydrate skin and increase collagen and elastin formation. Beware that many of these creams contain caffeine, which can improve circulation, but can also give you jitters and insomnia. Many creams can also irritate your skin, leading to rashes, bumps, hives and irritation.

Nutrition: Protein-rich foods such as cottage cheese, milk, legumes, tofu, beans, seeds, nuts, and fish all contain collagen and elastin forming components, which can help to strengthen connective tissue and prevent cellulite fat from poking through. Staying very well hydrated each day will also assist the skin and connective tissue in staying healthy and supple.

Improve circulation: Avoid tight clothing, especially around areas where you tend to form cellulite. Yoga, regular stretching, and even regular use of herbs like ginseng, cayenne, ginger, and cinnamon can also help improve circulation, which keeps connective tissue fed and strong. If you really want to spend some money getting rid of your cellulite, a medical laser treatment can also improve circulation, but may not be much better than simply getting a regular massage to enhance circulation. Radio frequency, vibration, and ultrasound are other examples of fancy methods to improve circulation. Although doctors who make lots of money off such treatments wont like to hear this, just as much circulation may be able to be achieved through exercise and massage.

• strange advice on these previous posts.  do y'all have any reference for what bulletproof means?   don't eat meat?  use a cream containing soy protein or yeast extract?  wtf?  sorry to not have any good advice for you, Christina, other than focusing on your general health and accepting your imperfections as part of the bigger picture of loving your body. 

• This is a question for the bulletproof ladies out there. :D

I'm a 21-year-old girl, and I've developed quite noticeable cellulite on my legs and buttocks over the past years. Not sexy at all.

I've got a healthy weight with a bmi of 20, so it's not that I'm carrying some extra pounds. I try to eat as bulletproof as possible, but it's not always possible living at home.

Biggest problems are that I'm still eating factory farmed meat and drinking organic, but not bulletproof coffee, and sometimes with some organic milk with it.

I also supplement daily with about 5000 I.U of vitamin D3, sometimes 10.000 (I'm a small girl), krill oil, a tablespoon of chlorellapowder, spirulinapowder, macapowder, MSM and sometimes green clay. And I drink about half a spoon of matcha green tea almost every day.

Does it have to do something with too much toxin build up in my body? I also try to do barbell training, which helps a little, but not with the results I'd like to get.

hey christina! :)

Dry skin brushing can improve lymph flow, (which influences the appearance of cellulite,) but it must be done on a daily basis. WBV technology is also supposed to help. have you tried using a Spoonk (a prickly accupressure matt) to increase blood flow? Bone broth - also something that must be done on a regular basis - is supposed to help, but you must make sure the bones are coming from clean and healthy animals. If nothing else, jumping rope is supposed to be one of the best things for your lymph. Some have referred to the calves as your "second heart" in reference to how they can help move things through the whole body. I hope you find some improvement soon, and PLEASE let us all know if you find something that works for you! :)

• *the bulletproof sleep induction matt is pretty much the same as the spoonk

• Mine goes away when I keep my daily intake to 1200-ish calories and I do 3 days of HIIT with resistance (bodyweight with kettlebell swings and goblet squats, etc). When I focus too much on just lifting and less HIIT I find it creeps back. I do vary my calories so my body doesn't get too used to consuming only 1200 but I'm at that number 4-5 days per week. I eat lower carb, high fat with a carb up day. I find that I can get the same results eating moderate carb, lower fat too as long as my cals are in line and I'm bulletproof fasting most days.

So, basically, it only goes away when my bodyfat percentage is low (for me). I'm small too, size 2-4.
  • I started a cellulite thread in the Women's forum.  I suggest you check it out.  Skye St. John had some solid advice.

• @Vanna

Where do you get your hiit workouts?

Thank you!
  • Its genetics and also hormonal. Also sluggish lymph circulation. I have a lil on the back of my upper thighs myself. Building muscle and losing fat in the area will get rid of it from personal exp. What this guy says makes sense to me.

Its all about the hormones!

• halukhaluk
    edited March 2017

I read in a german health site, that bathing in bentonite helps agains cellulite.

@Christina said:
    This is a question for the bulletproof ladies out there.

• cowsnakecowsnake
    edited March 2017

Bathing in bentonite will probably do a lot of good things, least of which would be helping with cellulite!! That sounds amazing, though I imagine the clean up would be a project.

• clean water is enough to wash it away. But bentonite is also good to detox your inside. So you can also decide to use your tongue for some places and have a double effect ;)

@cowsnake said:
    Bathing in bentonite will probably do a lot of good things, least of which would be helping with cellulite!! That sounds amazing, though I imagine the clean up would be a project.

• If I recall from ep. 376 with Dr. Cate Shanahan the cause of cellulite is inflammation. So my thoughts on it is that you really should try to find your "kryptonite" to get rid of the inflammation first. Since you don't eat organic meat it could be that your omega6 to omega3 balance is off wich will affect your skin. I'm having a little bit of the same problem for possibly the same reason, I was vegetarian for 4.5 years and ate a ton of canola oil. It will take some time for your cells to balance out the omegas and meanwhile I think the other advice you got in this thread could be worth a shot :)

If you are interested in the podcast here it is. Either you watch the thing or you CTRL-f for cellulite in the transcript.
    https://blog.bulletproof.com/dr-cate-shanahan-376/

• Hello! I'm having the same problem, what I'm doing to solve it is exercising at least twice a week and I'm applying dermalmd cellulite serum. This has reduced a lot the cellulite on my skin.

• Cellulite made me feel insecure, so my aunt got me the dermalMD cellulite for my birthday. Wow, it works like magic on my skin, lol. don’t fancy hydrating creams, but this gets the job done

• I do also have a cellulite, at least I can use all your advice. I hope that my cellulite will be gone. :(