How To Find Leads And Closing Sales

Does anyone have any good resources or idea's on getting leads and closing sales out?

I got offered 10% commission on sales of bootcamps to help guys with dating and lifestyle, main seller is a bootcamp which sells for $1,470.

The other offer is 10% on selling tailored shirts which are very high quality sold for $200 (worth $260 but early sales is at discounted rate).

The main way I have set out with the bootcamps is to give out a free 1 on 1 coaching with my mate then if he makes the sale I get a small %, but if I close out the sale myself I get a larger %.

I run the youtube and facebook pages for the dating side of things, and I have been able to find a few leads through that, but need to learn how to close out such a large investment. I have been able to sell 1 so far when I met someone at a spiritual/self improvement course I did. I also get 50% of all youtube revenue.

The shirts I was thinking of going on word of mouth for now, talking to people who are business professionals and maybe getting a good contact that will send something out in their place of business.

The way I see this is that I could spend just a few hours of my spare time making a few phone calls and then earning a commission, like if I spent 4 hours and made $200 in commission then that's $50 per hour which is more than I get paid now.

Comments

• "How to Master the Art of Selling" by Tom Hopkins

• Affiliate is a shitty business. Wouldnt recommend it. But could be a good way to learn how to sell.

You basically need to figure out Repeatable marketing channels. Focus on one or two. Find a way you can get a client, figure out if you can get it more than once, figure out if the commission is greater than the cost of aquiring that client through that channel. Then systemise that channel. When systemized, scale it.

Some marketing channels that works for a lot of companies/affiliate companies: seo, content marketing, fb, adwords. 

Growthhackers.com is a nice community of good "startup marketers". 

• Thanks for the replies guys!

It's not really affiliate marketing, I am working closely with the company I do all the photography and video work, manage social media. So I get a small pay, but the best way to boost my pay is to sell stuff as the commissions are quite good.

The suits is 100% affiliate marketing though. Also at work got asked to help out with some affiliate marketing of web design, we are an IT business and sometimes get asked by clients for a website so might out source to this company.

• edited May 2014

Affiliate is a shitty business. Wouldnt recommend it.

Lol based on what? Have you succeeded in the affiliate marketing industry before? Otherwise, you couldn't possibly know if it was worth it or not. Can affiliate marketing be extremely difficult? Absolutely. So can anything worthwhile. I don't have anything against you, Johnjohn, I'm sure you are an amazing person. I just want to make sure that the concept of affiliate marketing is being represented by someone who has real experience, rather than someone who has maybe watched some videos on the subject and possibly dabbled at it for a few months. Now, if you have made a full-time income from affiliate marketing and have come to the conclusion that it is still a "shitty business," that's totally cool. You're free to have an opinion, let's just make sure it is based on personal experience.

Plus, for the record, "affiliate is a shitty business" is completely vague. It is a massive industry with infinite products and companies to partner with. Some products aren't even worth promoting, while others are amazing. Some companies give tiny commission rates, others are very generous and take care of their affiliates. Some companies wait weeks or months to pay their affiliates, while some pay weekly or instantly. Some niches are more profitable and lively than others.

Lawrencep93, keep doing your thing. Work hard, keep researching, learn new skills, follow some mentors, persevere in the face of difficulty, and you can make a great income driving traffic to other people's products. As someone who has made a couple thousand dollars online (I'm still just getting started), I can tell you that it is not easy - especially in the beginning - but definitely worth it in the end. :)

Cheers!

=======================================================================================

When I'm not eating delicious, Bulletproof food, I spend my time reading, listening to podcasts/audiobooks, lifting, traveling, and helping people to:

1.) become a more powerful version of themselves and 2.) create real income online. I have to admit, my life is quite fun! :)

• Lawrencep93, keep doing your thing. Work hard, keep researching, learn new skills, follow some mentors, persevere in the face of difficulty, and you can make a great income driving traffic to other people's products. As someone who has made a couple thousand dollars online (I'm still just getting started), I can tell you that it is not easy - especially in the beginning - but definitely worth it in the end. :)

Cheers!

Thanks! Care to share or send me some good resources to look at?

• edited June 2014

Well, I will do my best, but it totally depends on how you want to go about it. Ultimately, success online comes down to this formula:

Drive targeted traffic + capture leads (email addresses) + market consistently + make sales + make upsales + make repeat sales. (The details vary, but this is the basic blueprint behind almost every successful online marketing campaign.)

Because I don't know what you specifically want to do, or where you are in the process, I'm just going to lay out some important ideas, and hopefully they help you in some way!

There are a couple steps in the process. If you are serious about affiliate marketing, you will want to start creating lists of targeted leads for your specific niches. It takes most people an average of seven times seeing your product or service before they actually choose to purchase. (Think about it, did you purchase Upgraded Coffee Beans, or any other Upgraded product, the very first time you saw it? Most likely not, you probably came back to it several times before purchasing. Same goes with your potential audience.)

By capturing people's emails, you can start building a list of targeted leads for that niche. That way, you can market to those people on a consistent basis. Otherwise, you may drive some traffic to a site, but if a person eventually clicks away, they may never return to the site, or they may simply Google it, rather than purchase using your affiliate link. It's best to capture someone's email so that you can reach out to them on a consistent basis. And if you offer value (content) in most of your emails, your subscribers will be more likely to open them - rather than if ALL of your emails are sales pitches. A great model is to send 2-3 emails full of pure value (tips, secrets, etc. related to that niche) then you can send an email recommending a product you enjoy (affiliate link), then repeat this process.

To start capturing leads, you'll want to create an account with a site like Get Response (my personal favorite). Other options include Aweber, Mail Chimp, and many others. After you have created a list to build surrounding a specific niche (you can have one specifically for men's fashion, then one for men's dating and lifestyle, or since those are pretty similar, you can combine them and create a list of subscribers with an interest in being a kick-ass man). You will want to create autoresponder (or follow-up) emails that will automatically be sent to new subscribers when they join your list. This helps to automate the selling process.

Then you will want to create some capture pages (also called landing pages), to capture the emails of all the traffic you will be driving. A great resources for this is LeadPages.net.

Then you need to drive traffic. There are many, many ways to drive traffic. The important thing is to figure out where your audience is spending their time and market there. Some options include: Facebook advertising, blogging/SEO, Google Adsense, media buying (banner ads on websites), social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest), YouTube videos, YouTube advertising, Twitter advertising, engaging on niche forums (engaging, not spamming), purchasing solo ads (people with lists already built will send an email to their subscribers for you with your content, link, etc.), and so many more options. You basically have two options when it comes to driving traffic: slow and free OR fast and paid. Totally depends on what you want to do, how much time you have, and what you can afford.

Here are some general articles/sites regarding traffic generation:

http://www.viperchill.com/

http://fizzle.co/sparkline/attract-enough-visitors-to-your-website-to-earn-a-living

http://fizzle.co/sparkline/timeless-ideas-for-more-visitors

http://fizzle.co/sparkline/build-your-email-list

http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/

http://www.zenspill.com/ways-to-get-traffic/

http://www.wikihow.com/Increase-Website-Traffic

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jaysondemers/2014/05/13/39-actionable-ideas-for-driving-traffic-to-your-website/

http://www.shopify.com/blog/13869029-6-practical-and-proven-ways-to-drive-traffic-to-your-new-online-store

Hope some of this helps!

=======================================================================================

When I'm not eating delicious, Bulletproof food, I spend my time reading, listening to podcasts/audiobooks, lifting, traveling, and helping people to:

1.) become a more powerful version of themselves and 2.) create real income online. I have to admit, my life is quite fun! :)

• My apologies! After re-reading your original post, it seems like you aren't as much interested in online affiliate marketing as you are simply selling the merchandise to qualified customers.

I would recommend the following resources:

Book Yourself Solid

Smart Calling

Snap Selling

One Call Closing

Secrets of Closing the Sale

Also, do you know of anyone else (even if not personally), who is selling these products successfully? Maybe talk with the owners/founders of the bootcamp or shirt company and ask them who their top few salesmen are. Then try reaching out to them and ask for advice, or simply follow them online and model as much as you can.

And as with most topics, Google can provide quite an array of useful information... :)

• edited June 2014

DUDE you are awesome thanks for the info, we are actually looking into landing pages at the moment as part of improvement on the website.

Have mail chimp but only like 3 people subscribed to us, hence why we are going to make better landing pages.

Also for now the suits and shirts are getting ditched, due to an issue with one of the business deals (long story)

So I have been re-directed to focus on Charisma Coaching, so mainly selling bootcamps and consultation's to guys looking to get better with their social skills and with women.

• Sounds great man! You're going to do awesome with that, I can tell. Just keep the determination cranked up high and nothing can stop you.

• edited June 2014

Lol based on what? Have you succeeded in the affiliate marketing industry before? Otherwise, you couldn't possibly know if it was worth it or not. Can affiliate marketing be extremely difficult? Absolutely. So can anything worthwhile. I don't have anything against you, Johnjohn, I'm sure you are an amazing person. I just want to make sure that the concept of affiliate marketing is being represented by someone who has real experience, rather than someone who has maybe watched some videos on the subject and possibly dabbled at it for a few months. Now, if you have made a full-time income from affiliate marketing and have come to the conclusion that it is still a "shitty business," that's totally cool. You're free to have an opinion, let's just make sure it is based on personal experience.

Plus, for the record, "affiliate is a shitty business" is completely vague. It is a massive industry with infinite products and companies to partner with. Some products aren't even worth promoting, while others are amazing. Some companies give tiny commission rates, others are very generous and take care of their affiliates. Some companies wait weeks or months to pay their affiliates, while some pay weekly or instantly. Some niches are more profitable and lively than others.

Lawrencep93, keep doing your thing. Work hard, keep researching, learn new skills, follow some mentors, persevere in the face of difficulty, and you can make a great income driving traffic to other people's products. As someone who has made a couple thousand dollars online (I'm still just getting started), I can tell you that it is not easy - especially in the beginning - but definitely worth it in the end. :)

Cheers!

Yes, I have some experience in the affiliate market. And a lot in starting companies with other business models. Its a sector with low barrier to entry, hard to nail a competitive advantage and with few ways to exit. Its still a lot better than 9-5. Just felt it could be more profitable to target other sectors/business models. But he seems into it, so go for it. Do what makes you feel good. Good luck bro :)