The Art Of Living

Hey I was checking out Dave Asprey's 6 things lecture on the site and he referred to a book called "The Art of Living". Trouble is there are several books with the same title on similar (mostly bhuddism related) subjects. I was wondering does anyone know the author of the book he was referring to? I am going to go back to the lecture and double check maybe he mentions the name of the author... Or does anyone know of any other good books or online resources that demonstrate "similar pranayama with 10 second cycle".

-thanks, Luke

Comments

• "The Art of Living Foundation is a global resource for people trying to reduce stress. Their key principle is that “Unless we have a stress-free mind and a violence-free society, we cannot achieve world peace.” It was founded in 1981 by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, a spiritual leader who in 2010, was named the fifth most influential person in India by Forbes Magazine.

Their introductory course is focused on simple breathing exercises to give you “more energy to handle the stress of daily life.” There are workshops all around in the world where Art of Living practitioners work with you to perfect your breathing. If you are interested in trying the course, click here.

I did this daily for 5 years and still practice it on occasion. I met a group of overwhelmingly successful entrepreneurs once a week on Saturday morning at 7 am to practice it together, and I learned the technique from a successful American venture capitalist named John Roberts. I met Sri Sri in person along with Nobel Laureate Myron Scholes, who also practices Art of Living.

There are white robes involved (you don’t have to wear them, but Sri Sri and some trainers from India do), but it’s a simple, repeatable method used by 25 million people worldwide to reduce stress, including severe stress like that found in war survivors. It works and it is not a cult or a religion in any way, or I wouldn’t recommend it."

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/hack-stress/

t
    here are hyperlinks to follow
  • Cool thanks man image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />