Experimenting With The Raw Milk Diet

2»

Comments

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

How's it going, OP? That last week go well for you?

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• I am also curious. Going to get my six bottles raw milk this evening again hehe.
  • Hey guys and gals! Sorry for the late reply. I've been moving and taking a couple family vacations and running two businesses, but no excuses, I definitely could have carved out some time to reply, so I apologize for that.

The raw milk diet went pretty well.

Here's the catch, it is my suspicion that the milk I was drinking in Phoenix was not grass-fed, since there is hardly any grass at all in Phoenix, Arizona. This would have definitely limited the nutrient content of the milk. I suspect that better results should be expected from higher quality raw milk.

But, overall, I lost some weight, I really felt like it cleaned out my system, and I can only imagine that the large amounts of probiotics in the kefir were having a positive effect on my immune system.

I might try this again in the future, but with higher quality milk and a higher percentage in kefir form.

As a side note, I believe the skin condition on my face is called seborrheic dermatitis, and I have been able to treat it very successfully by soaking my face in warm salt water several times a week. This is actually quite relaxing/therapeutic and I set up my laptop or phone on speaker and listen to a podcast or teaching while I soak. It feels great and as long as I keep it up, my skin looks awesome.

Still not sure what the growth is on my scalp though. Salt water is not nearly as effective in treating it. I believe it is some sort of fungal infection (potentially "tinea capitis"). I have a topical cream I purchased from Amazon that seems to work adequately, but only when I pick at the build ups and scrape them off. If I don't treat my scalp for a few days, it starts to grow back. I've been dealing with this for a few years now. Any suggestions would be welcome :) Until then, I'm doing my best to find a lasting cure.

Thanks for following this journey, friends! Hopefully it has at least encouraged you to drink mother nature's nutrient-packed power drink.

P.S. I'm enjoying much higher quality grass-fed raw milk up here in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho!

=======================================================================================

When I'm not eating delicious, Bulletproof food, I spend my time reading, listening to podcasts/audiobooks, lifting, traveling, and helping people to:

1.) become a more powerful version of themselves and 2.) create real income online. I have to admit, my life is quite fun! :)

• edited August 2014

Hello Bulletproof/biohacking forum members,

This is my first post here, and I think it is fitting for it to be in a thread about raw milk, given my extensive personal experience in this realm, though I have never undertaken a raw milk fast.  However, in the forum guidelines, I saw that it is often preferred on this forum to utilize scientific studies to back viewpoints (in which n>1) rather than personal experience (n=1).

Since I'm not interested in researching this topic at the moment, I don't have any specific scientific studies to point to.  Also, I generally have few strong opinions, as I'm still learning a lot every day and seeing that there are strong and conflicting opinions on most topics.  Both sides of an argument are often convincing, and one of the higher forms of intelligence is being able to argue convincingly for both sides of an argument in a debate.  It displays lack of attachment to one-sided opionions.  Instead, I will share just a few things about milk and raw milk which I think most interested people do not know.  I learned most of this due to my past large interest in the subject when I was working on raw milk farms, drinking lots of raw milk, and experimenting with partly-raw and all-raw Primal/paleo diets.

--Generally, milk and honey are the only two substances in nature whose sole and only purpose is as an animal food.  (Parenchyma cells in fruits and egg yolks are some substances which mostly fit that bill.)

--The quality of lactose in milk changes within minutes after milking, even if the milk is immediately chilled.  The beta-lactose changes into mostly alpha-lactose.  Older milk never tasted as sweet or as good to me as warm milk fresh within minutes of milking, and I always found this was best for my energy and digestion, too.  Thus, breast-fed infants have better stool quality than pumped-milk chilled and then re-warmed but not pasteurized bottle-fed infants.  This has more to do with bifidobacterium than lactobacillus.  Bifidobacterium is an important part of human intestinal flora especially for infants (or for adults drinking lots of milk, I would think!).  Some species in this genus of bacteria require the trace element yttrium.  It is believed that human body cells do not have much use for yttrium since injected yttrium is shunted to the intestinal wall lining where it serves to facilitate the lives of bifidobacteria.  Since only some soil/plant/milk contains yttrium, this is a factor in the potential probiotic health of raw milk.

--Some raw milk contains other trace elements, like selenium, boron, vanadium, etc. and other raw milk doesn't contain much.

--The addition of other foods/supplements, the stress or lack thereof of adult lives NOT lived in a tuberculosis sanitorium in the mountains (for example), and the quality and type of a kefir culture if it is also part of one's diet will all affect milk's probiotic effect or potential propensity to harm or change the body with so-called harmful pathogenic bacteria and parasites.

--Besides lactose intolerance, a somewhat related subject which I think is of interest and probably some importance is the change in the casein protein in A1 vs. A2 milk.  Guernsey cows are 96% A2 or so, compared to varying degrees of less A2 milk as an average across the other milking cow breeds.  Humans, goats, and all other mammals as far as is known are all 100% A2.

--Legend has it that Deaf Smith County, TX dairy has the highest quality butter.  In Weston A. Price's studies of traditional diets, in Switzerland, the spring and fall butter was the sacred butter.  This resulted from cows eating the rapidly growing cool weather grasses and herbs that grew better in the cool, moist climate at those times rather than in the hot summer or the hay-fed winter.

Fun stuff.  Hope you enjoyed it, too.

with care,

Zarrin Leff

• Hey guys and gals! Sorry for the late reply. I've been moving and taking a couple family vacations and running two businesses, but no excuses, I definitely could have carved out some time to reply, so I apologize for that.

The raw milk diet went pretty well.

Thanks for the final update. I was reading your whole protocol with the stacks and everything and that got me thinking - how do you think you would have responded nutritionally or "cleansily" to eating a clean diet of animals and plants only, PLUS your stack and say a pint of kefir daily? It seems like many of the things in the stack were very potent for detox on their own, independent of the raw milk.

Cheers and enjoy the Idahoians. 

• edited January 2016

As a side note, I believe the skin condition on my face is called seborrheic dermatitis, and I have been able to treat it very successfully by soaking my face in warm salt water several times a week. This is actually quite relaxing/therapeutic and I set up my laptop or phone on speaker and listen to a podcast or teaching while I soak. It feels great and as long as I keep it up, my skin looks awesome.

How long and how often do you do this? And what ratio of salt-water do you use?

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

MAP survives anything. Any dairy product or even meat itself can have it.

... does MAP in milk survive pasteurisation as well John ?

(reviving old post)

fake it till you make it

2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file