Infectious Disease-Bulletproof Doctors

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for alternative ways of dealing with an infection.  My mother had a back surgery a while back and has been wrecked ever since.  Stuff you would expect to see on the X-Files.  She's been in and out of countless emergency rooms ever since the surgery. At one point she was hospitalized with a blood infection and then after they took her off the IV antibiotics her symptoms started flaring up again.  So many tests have been done but no one can seem to figure out what's happening or where it's even coming from.  I've been doing the BP diet for a few months now and have been telling her about it's function since it seems like pretty groundbreaking stuff.  Last week her heart filled up with fluid--pericarditis to be specific.  So they drained it, and sent her home with blood pressure medication.  The one thing she's never had was heart problems.  This week she went to the doctor for a follow up and he sent her to the ER because her heart was filling with fluid again and they decided to do an operation where they put a drain that goes from her heart to her lungs (apparently the lungs will help take the fluid out of the body).  This raises concerns for me as they haven't tried to figure out WHY it's happening.  Also, pericarditis can be symptomatic of a virus (the sac around the heart fills up with fluid to prevent the heart from being attacked) which they just exposed her heart to any virus but putting a permanent tube that carries fluid away to the lungs.  Her whole body is swollen really, I've never seen anything like it.  Not to be gross but there's blood in her urine, pus in her stool, and the whites of her eyes sometimes are completely pinkish/reddish...not talking bloodshot, but like something you'd see in a horror movie.

I've tried looking for doctors on this website but none of them deal with insurance.  She's disabled and doesn't have much income but I'm sure if she found anyone to help her we'd make sacrifices.  In the meantime, what supplements would help her?  I gave her some glutathione.  Does anyone think this might help?  Is there something else she could take?  She's been on so many antibiotics that I know her system is destroyed.  

Anything you think might help is a start.  Or if anyone knows/is a doctor that might be able to think to look for something that other doctors haven't.  So far nothing in the conventional world of medicine is helping her right now as doctors have no idea what's happening in her body.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

G

Tagged:

Comments

• Thank you, I will check it out!

• edited June 2014

Wow, sorry to hear your mother is going through so much. Below are the supplements that I've found the most effective for fighting infections. I'll typically take several of these throughout the day if I feel like I'm coming down with something. 

- 1 gram of vitamin C every 2 hours. I alternate between a liposomal form and sodium ascorbate dissolved in water. 

- One 12.5 mg zinc lozenge every 2 hours (but no more than 6 per day).

- Astragulus (1,500 mg of whole herb with dinner). 

- Monolaurin (2-3 g), twice per day, with meals.

- Reishi mushroom extract, once per day with breakfast.

- 50 mg of grape seed extract with breakfast and lunch. 

- Ginger tea between meals. 

- AHCC between meals. 

- Garlic extract, once with dinner. 

- Glutathione (1-2 times a day), first thing in the morning and 2 hours after breakfast. 

- Black elderberry extract. I use a tincture in 2-4 oz of water. 

- A product by NOW called Candida Clear (http://amzn.to/1ndM1jY). It contains a number of powerful natural antimicrobials. Two capsules with breakfast. 

- 400 mg of Tagamet / Cimetidine before bed. It's a powerful over the counter antiviral drug (sold as heartburn medication).   

- 1 mg of time released melatonin before bed to ensure I sleep through the night. 

Hope this helps. 

My personal blog : healthbydiet.net