Dhea In Australia

Hi,

DHEA supps are restricted in Oz unfortunately, you can't buy it OTC.

Has anyone managed to import it?

I do have a doctors prescription for it, but it's 5-10 times the price of buying in the US!

Thanks all.

Tagged:

Comments

• I have imported a number of things that are restricted here, such as racetams. If you bring it in, in personal use quantities (1 to 2 bottles) then as long as isn't narcotics it should be fine. At the end of the day though, you have to be prepared for it to be confiscated. Customs definitely look at the contents, as I have had about 50% of my parcels opened, and a pamphlet advising that customs had opened the parcel placed inside.

• Thanks Tim. I've successfully imported noopept, interesting that places like iherb and Amazon won't even let you order DHEA etc though. I'll try someone less mainstream...

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015

@tff 

did you have any luck importing dhea in to Aus, if so, what did you get & how (pm me if you like). 

& if you used the dhea, how did it go

edit: you are male, right...?

fake it till you make it

• It's banned, read more here: https://www.tga.gov.au/personal-importation-scheme

Find out what you can import by searching for it here: http://apps.daff.gov.au/icon32/asp/ex_querycontent.asp

The substances listed below are not controlled substances in some countries (e.g. USA) and are widely available in dietary supplement preparations in those countries.

• DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone)
    • Norandrostenedione
    • Ephedra (ma huang)
    • Ephedrine

However, under the Customs legislation in Australia, these substances are classified as either anabolic steroids or precursors and are prohibited imports unless an import permit has been obtained.

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    was that a public service announcement Hendo

edit: adds smiley face :)

fake it till you make it

• lol ^_^ no, no really haha, but I can see how it came across that way!!

I've been knee deep with the TGA & Customs of late, delving into what it will take to be able to import some specific compounds to Australia and the links to the info were at the tips of my fingers.

• Ha. I get boxes of white powders sent to me all the time.

DHEA isn't on the list yet, but my last box from PowderCity had 4 racetams (including p-tam), noop, and Adrafinil. No issue.

My Collagen and Gelatin gets "carded" by customs every time tho - so they still have me on a list :)