L-Theanine With Bulletproof Coffee

edited June 2014 in Bulletproof Coffee

Huge fan of BP coffee and been drinking it for close to a year.  While I like it, I need to limit my consumption because it makes me edgy and anxious, especially if I haven't had a sufficient break in between servings (I typically drink it 3 times a week). Plus if I've had it too many times per week, I will crash later in the day.

I recently read the Nootropics for Beginners thread on Reddit, and decided to stack BP coffee with 200mg of L-Theanine.  All I can say is WOW!  It's removed all of the negative side effects of caffeine and preserved all the benefits.  I'm much more relaxed and calm, but at the same time focused and totally energized.  It's amazing and I highly recommend it for those who feel anxious and crash later in the day when drinking BP coffee.  I plan to use this for a long time to come (this is only my 4th day).

Dave had mentioned taking L-Theanine too, but he mentioned taking 100mg at night.  I'm instead taking 200mg first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, right before I make my coffee.

In case you were wondering I'm using the Jarrow - brand http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Theanine-100-Capsules/dp/B00BFUH5EI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1403291680&sr=8-2&keywords=jarrow+l-theanine

Comments

• It's good stuff.  If I were you I'd try going up to 400 or 600mg and seeing if it's any better- for me, 400mg is the most noticeable.

Men are undoubtedly more in danger from prosperity than adversity.  For when matters go smoothly, they flatter themselves, and are intoxicated by their success.  ~John Calvin

• I do the same thing. Works well. I noticed additional benefits by also taking 500 mg of Taurine and adrenal cortex extract.   

My personal blog : healthbydiet.net

• I have my L-theanine on order. I am getting now foods 200mg ones from iherb as amazon doesn't ship to me. It's the same quality as they are just amino acids right?

• Yeah, it's the same. 

I have my L-theanine on order. I am getting now foods 200mg ones from iherb as amazon doesn't ship to me. It's the same quality as they are just amino acids right?

My personal blog : healthbydiet.net

• bulletproof_alexbulletproof_alex Bulletproof Team Member

L-theanine is the bomb. Take it with your Bulletproof Coffee!

Dave is a fan of taking it in the morning, too. I've asked him. :)

Marketing Communications Coordinator | Bulletproof

• Alex, is it heat stable? Like if you got some powder and put it in coffee? Or would it taste weird? I've just been doing capsules.

Men are undoubtedly more in danger from prosperity than adversity.  For when matters go smoothly, they flatter themselves, and are intoxicated by their success.  ~John Calvin