Serrapeptase Brand

Hey, Dave mentioned serrapeptase on a recent podcast, and I was wondering if anyone had a brand that they'd like to recommend. I've been having some shoulder issues from a past training injury, and I'm hoping that would help clear it up.

Thanks!

Comments

• This is the product I use:

http://amzn.to/1kWHOOV

Hey, Dave mentioned serrapeptase on a recent podcast, and I was wondering if anyone had a brand that they'd like to recommend. I've been having some shoulder issues from a past training injury, and I'm hoping that would help clear it up.

Thanks!

My personal blog : healthbydiet.net

• Okay. I've looked into that brand. Is that generally a pretty trustworthy brand? How have your results been with serrapeptase? I've already been taking wobenzyme with some success. I feel like I have a pretty decent build up of scar tissue in my shoulder, though, so I thought the serrapeptase may help take care of it.
  • Yes, I trust the brand. I have a few other products from them that have been effective. I haven't used serrapeptase extensively so I can't comment on its effectiveness. That said, I'm going to start taking it every night before bed to see if it improves my flexibility, which is pretty bad for someone my age (I can't touch my toes without a lot of effort).  

Okay. I've looked into that brand. Is that generally a pretty trustworthy brand? How have your results been with serrapeptase? I've already been taking wobenzyme with some success. I feel like I have a pretty decent build up of scar tissue in my shoulder, though, so I thought the serrapeptase may help take care of it.

• What dosage does Dave/you recommend?

• I just take the standard dose suggested on the bottle. You'll likely need more to aggressively remove scar tissue. 

Here's the recommendations one user put together: http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/1318-bulletproof-supplements-nootropics-guide/

What dosage does Dave/you recommend?

• hybridhybrid Cateye vs Isolation

For me serrapeptase has been tricky one.  The first bottle I bought was low strength and cant remember the price, but it worked wonders. The next bottle I got was through ebay, double the strength and I didnt feel much.

In my N=1 experiment brands do matter.

• What brand was the first bottle that worked so well?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the Wobenzyme, and if so how does the serrapeptase compare? I've heard good things about both, and the wobenzyme has helped me some, but it hasn't quite got the job DONE.

For me serrapeptase has been tricky one. The first bottle I bought was low strength and cant remember the price, but it worked wonders. The next bottle I got was through ebay, double the strength and I didnt feel much.

In my N=1 experiment brands do matter.

• All of my research indicates this one to be the superior brand - http://www.enerexusa.com/products/serrapeptase_rx.htm

• That's the one I use (the 120,000) 2/day.

How often do you use this Jason? and what time of the day?

• I would think this supplement would help in flexibility in regards to joints rather than muscles, but I could be wrong.  I'm tall with disproportionately long legs, so touching my toes has always been a challenge for me even after 3+ years of intense yoga.  I've just started taking it, so we'll see where my n=1 goes, though I'm taking it more for recovery than flexibility (replaced yoga with weight training).  I'm starting with Doctor's Best, I'll try Enerex after I finish the bottle, though I plugged it into my budget spreadsheet and cringed.  Need to re-evaluate and prioritize my supplements, they really add up fast.

Yes, I trust the brand. I have a few other products from them that have been effective. I haven't used serrapeptase extensively so I can't comment on its effectiveness. That said, I'm going to start taking it every night before bed to see if it improves my flexibility, which is pretty bad for someone my age (I can't touch my toes without a lot of effort).  

• Every day, post workout, I think Dave mentioned before bed.

Isn't it counter intuitive to take something extremely anti-inflammation post work out? It was my understanding that you want high levels of mTOR post work out and anything anti-inflammatory blocks this process. 

http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/9489-what-to-avoid-post-workout/

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭

I believe the vast majority (commonly available ie now foods) Serrapeptase come from the same source.

• This is the one I use

http://serrapeptase.info/

I bought the highest dose available and have used 4 bottles. I have felt nothing. Maybe it has worked under the covers and I just don't realize it. I am probably going to end the experiment.

To me the biggest helper of any muscle / joint issue has been fermented CLO / X-Factor Butter from Green Pastures.

• @ Jason... have you tried the Doc's Best and find the Enerex to be that much better....?

If you are smaller person.... 100lbs would you use a smaller dose... so maybe the 40,000 or 60,000?

Do you really think it helps with recovery from training?

I wanted to also have my dad take it to help with knee and back pain but he only has one kidney and is worried about kidney damage.... is there any studies someone can link me to saying it's safe for the kidneys?

• I just take the standard dose suggested on the bottle. You'll likely need more to aggressively remove scar tissue. 

Here's the recommendations one user put together: http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/1318-bulletproof-supplements-nootropics-guide/

Would you be able to elaborate on the scar tissue comment?  

Would something like a derma-needle-roller-thing combined with Serrapeptase (and perhaps cologne and some other goodies) help with old scars on the face?  

I don't have heaps just a few annoying ones from child-hood chicken pox that I'm sure no one but me notices