Help Me Grow Taller! (L-Arginine?)

I am thinking of taking L-Arginine because I heard that it can increase GH during rest. I am also going to start weight training. However, I heard L-Citrulline is better for some reason as it is a precursor of L-Arginine, but I have no read of the same effects on GH and also that Arginine can mess up some enzymes or something. Also, I’m starting to take Taurine to strengthen my heart and relax better for sleep. I have also heard of GABA but am afraid because unlike amino acids it sounds more of a drug (so maybe cycle it…but would it increase GH then to make a difference?) and although I have trouble sleeping, I would rather tire myself out more of the day/mediate to relax (although I’d be taking it for increase in GH…so maybe 2 birds with 1 stone)? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• How old are you? If your growth plates are closed, you're not growing, buddy.

How short are you? The stuff you're doing is pretty extreme.

I am thinking of taking L-Arginine because I heard that it can increase GH during rest. I am also going to start weight training. However, I heard L-Citrulline is better for some reason as it is a precursor of L-Arginine, but I have no read of the same effects on GH and also that Arginine can mess up some enzymes or something. Also, I’m starting to take Taurine to strengthen my heart and relax better for sleep. I have also heard of GABA but am afraid because unlike amino acids it sounds more of a drug (so maybe cycle it…but would it increase GH then to make a difference?) and although I have trouble sleeping, I would rather tire myself out more of the day/mediate to relax (although I’d be taking it for increase in GH…so maybe 2 birds with 1 stone)? Thoughts?

Thanks!

• I just turned 20. And I wouldn't say it's extreme haha... just a few amino acids which are in a lot of body building supplements. But yea, maybe it is. And I'm 5'6". I guess that's what I'm really asking--if my plan is actually viable or not worth it/crazy.

• I'm also 5'6". And who cares? Chicks hate insecure dudes. Just be confident.

I just turned 20. And I wouldn't say it's extreme haha... just a few amino acids which are in a lot of body building supplements. But yea, maybe it is. And I'm 5'6". I guess that's what I'm really asking--if my plan is actually viable or not worth it/crazy.

• I totally agree with you! I'm not insecure... it's just for some reason I feel like my body isn't growing/recovering during sleep as much as it should. But meh... that's why I started BP to begin with, and more. I think I'll just stick to this awesome diet and see what happens. Cheers, bud.

• SystemSystem mod
    edited June 2014
    I have friends who have been confined to a wheel chair their whole lives, yet they stroll through life with a very positive attitude, despite being dealt a shitty hand in life. If they ever catch me crying and complaining about something as trivial as my height, they would probably run my ass over with their wheelchairs.
  • I didn't mean to come off sounding dickish.
  • DagothUrDagothUr
    edited June 2014

A mix of glutamine, glycine, niacin, high dose niacin (500mg) and GABA (with resistance training) seem to increase GH.

1) Glutamine, glycine, niacin mix:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14609312

2) High dose niacin.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18187617

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137077503

3) GABA

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18091016

As pointed above, these interventions may not have an impact on height if the growth plates are ossificated. 

• L-tryptophan also increases GH production.
  • What about bone thickness, can this be increase post-puberty? I'm not tall but I don't mind my height, I just wish that I had thicker bones all over. Can this be hacked somehow?

• And how.  I'm 6-2 but suffer from extreme social anxiety, my height has done nothing for my non-existent love life.

I'm also 5'6". And who cares? Chicks hate insecure dudes. Just be confident.

• You can hack bone density, though thickness as in overall circumference probably not.  It's called resistance training (i.e. lift heavy things).  Squats and deadlifts are your friend.

What about bone thickness, can this be increase post-puberty? I'm not tall but I don't mind my height, I just wish that I had thicker bones all over. Can this be hacked somehow?

• HIIT coupled with IF is reputed to increase HGH production. Too many carbs after the work-out will shut down HGH production though. Mercola has an article on this.

For bone density (this is coming from Dave's talk about his dense kids), I would think that ensuring you are getting all your trace minerals in addition to a high fat nutrient diet would help out.

Some resources for social anxiety: listen to the Art of Charm podcast, read The Willpower Instinct by Kelly McGonigal (great practices for building habits and improving heart rate variability), get a HRV trainer, start talking to neighbors - walk your dog and if somebody is outside introduce yourself and chat for a minute.
  • OP, are you a fan of Joe Rogan? Well, you can take solace in knowing that you're his height. I don't care how much he tries to tell people he's 5'8"; he's no taller than 5.6'.5".

Also, the guy who played Harry Potter is 5'5".
  • At least you can find pants that fit you.

• It doesn't seem like one could do much, without messing with hormones at a young age, to acquire a taller stature.  People with spinal issues might see a high increase if they were corrected (let me know if I'm talking BS)

This would be a pretty intense Biohack if it could be done to ANY extent