Examine.com

Hey guys just stumbled on this website while looking for testosterone boosting supps..

Have a look, its pretty cool and lays it out really well too.. There seem to be a lot of studies on lots of vits and supps..

http://examine.com/

\m/(>.<)\m/ www.trucke.co.uk - my rockband!! \m/(>.<)\m/

Tagged:

Comments

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    edited July 2014

They are definitively legit.

• I cant sense sarcasm although I am British so am adept at recognising it.. 

Why aren't they legit?

• Its not sarcasm.  Examine is legit.

• Ah ok.. Good!!

Yeah got loads of good info..

Maybe Im not so British!

• drumminangoleirodrumminangoleiro ✭✭✭
    edited July 2014

interesting stuff...some questionable things though, granted i'm taking these all of out context but some of them are kind of counter to bulletproof recommendations:

....when it comes to weight loss, the only thing that matters are calories in vs calories out. Macro composition does not matter.

starvation mode is a myth.

oral consumption of MSG doesn't seem harmful in moderation.

'Adrenal Fatigue' is more of a marketing term than anything

Independent of whether or not sugar in general influences obesity and weight gain, sucrose and HFCS have no significant differences in their effects on the body  

Replace saturated fat with polyunsaturated fat

Reduce red meat consumption

Increase nut consumption

Consumption of 30g of alcohol per day can reduce risk of CHD by 24.7%.

on another note, i think i may have found something to add to my pre-workout protocol:

watching 4 minutes of erotica can also increase subsequent performance on a 3 rep squat

• Yikes, those are some terrible recommendations.  Replacing saturated fat with polyunsaturated is probably the worst of them.

It's true that sucrose is no different than HFCS when it enters the body.  When ingesting table sugar (sucrose), the glucose-fructose bond is broken and you're left with each.  Fructose is fructose is fructose, it's treated as a toxin and is metabolized in the liver using the same pathways as alcohol.  HFCS is bad only because it's cheap and ubiquitous, and is in so many processed foods to enhance shelf life in addition to flavor.  Despite it being sweater to the tongue compared with sucrose, the levels added have continuously risen over the years as we become more and more addicted to it.

I'm still researching MSG, there's a fair amount of controversy since it exists as an amino acid in virtually everything we eat, but when isolated synthetically it's said to cause problems.  An academic friend of mine has looked at the studies and said it's absolutely not a problem, but I have my doubts.

• Their own view aside (which I ignore) If there was a sticky to examine on this site, it would save hundreds of posts asking what dosage of nootropics they should be using.

• Bulletproof ModeratorBulletproof Moderator Upgraded Mod Admin

Done.

•   :arrow: :-P 

Examine is a superb website giving impartial advice on the available and published research.

biomarkers related to health optimisation and disease prevention. 

They have just received funding to expand and grow their software interface.

I get asked this question alot - hence posting here.

•   :arrow: :-P 

Examine is a superb website giving impartial advice on the available and published research.

biomarkers related to health optimisation and disease prevention. 

They have just received funding to expand and grow their software interface.

I get asked this question alot - hence posting here.

======

The only problem I've found has been how accessible it is. Sometimes people (myself included) find it a bit tricky to parse through scientific lingo