Best Time Of Day To Eat Egg Protein

hi.

i've been messing around with my diet a bit. I've been eating raw free range eggs, usually 4 a day. i know eggs are packed full of nutrients so i really want them as a part of my diet, but i fast a lot and i'm not eggs-actly (see what i did there?), sure when and if i need to actually eat them. i've tailored my diet a lot, it looks something like this.

morning: bp coffee plus supplements

exercise: then i eat a small amount of sweet potato and around 20-30 grams of whey protein

dinner: i have been eating broccoli or brussel sprouts usually with grass fed lamb shanks and a tiny amount of white rice just to fill me up.

thing is, i'm completely satiated from that meal, i hardly feel like eating anything else. i know its only one meal a day but i've tinkered so much with my diet i realize its actually only what my body really needs.

also, 3 hours after dinner, then i usually eat 4 raw eggs, around 8 pm. It does make me feel a little bloated and i think its a bit heavy on my liver, meaning, i'm not entirely sure if i need to be eating them at that time, maybe i should be fasting?

also i have heard that raw eggs after exercise is not so good? i was thinking maybe 15 grams of whey, with 2 raw eggs and some carb directly, or within 30 mins of exercise?

see i'm full from the coffee in the morning, that easily gets me through the exercise. then the carb and whey post exercise easily takes me to dinner.. but yet i still feel its probably wise to be eating some egg protein in my diet at least daily.

i'm saying this keeping in mind i'm not totally sure i want to be ingesting more than 30-40 grams of protein in one sitting. I have around 200 grams of beef at dinner, and that is absolutely heaps.

i've thought about doing the protein whey and carb, then waiting 2 hours, then having the eggs, then 2 more hours then eating dinner, but i really like eating dinner around 530, my body just likes it..

advice? i guess common sense would say, just eat two raw eggs when i eat my dinner, but then i may be hitting my body with too much protein at one time. alternatively i could have 2 eggs with the whey post exercise, but then again i dont know about how the body handles eggs right after eating..

i know eggs 3 hours after dinner isnt working, because i'm bloated and i know i just dont need them..

advice? plz?

thanks!

Comments

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    edited July 2014

You sound orthorexic. 

What's with the raw eggs that make them so game changing (they are not)? Don't focus on a single food as if it's some magical solution to everything, there is no such thing. You can, you know, cook them sometimes too (and you won't be any worse off). Soft egg on beef is delish. 

Protein limit in one sitting is a myth (at practical levels).

Meal timing is generally preference and in the long term has minimal, if any, significance. Post exercise content - just see what works for you (i.e. carbs will replenish you faster, protein, whey, BCAA might reduce DOMS), but if you are getting enough protein/carbs to replenish for the day/week - again, minimal difference as long as needs are met overall. Might depend on the sport, but unlikely if you are not a pro athlete.

You aren't doing yourself any good with this obsession over where should I put this raw egg, or if 8PM is too late, or if you missed your brussels on the 530 meal.  It is very dangerous to obsess over food minutia like this. One day you'll wake up and you won't even realize how messed up your diet has become. If it's raw eggs today, then it might be raw crickets in 3 months. This adds NOTHING to the quality of life. Meal is fuel/enjoyment, don't make it a job. 

This is eating disorder in the making, ask me how I know... so be careful.

Did you ever do your macros? That seems <50g protein and <50g carbs which is rather shitty if you are exercising, if you ask me. 

• oh my god, do you seriously think it will change anything? it doesn't really matter

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred
    To add to the negative posts (sorry) I wouldn't eat eggs every day anyway, especially if you have digestive problems (bloating?).

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• To add to the negative posts (sorry) I wouldn't eat eggs every day anyway, especially if you have digestive problems (bloating?).

___

bullshit

eggs are awesome, i would eat 3 a day minimum

if you're concerned about allergies cycle them off for a day a week

___

bullshit

eggs are awesome, i would eat 3 a day minimum

if you're concerned about allergies cycle them off for a day a week

Calm down bro. Look up egg white protein on pubmed.

Guitarist:

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• yeah i am not orthorexic. i have been experimenting with what my body actually needs. i just listen to it, and usually it contradicts everything i've read in most health blogs etc. like i usually go under my lean body mass in protein and feel fine.

all of the very low carb stuff i totally ignore now, i just try and go with what my body wants. i do stay pretty low carb, but i have a truckload of green veges, just with a bit of rice to satiate. eating a tiny bit of starch each day was probably the best thing i've ever done in terms of the bulletproof diet. i still have under 100 grams carb but the starches just make each meal so much more enjoyable and the IT fast becomes a walk in the park as well.

and no i'm not a pro athlete so i'm not too worried about post exercise nutrition, 24 grams whey and a bit of sweet potato and i feel totally fine, not only that but i feel totally full.

as far as the protein inflammatory thing, i was eating up to 450-500 grams of beef at one time a while back, and i felt awful. i cut back to 250 grams and feel great.

i might just have a couple of raw eggs before dinner and see how i go.

i also meditate, and messing with your digestion and eating at weird times messes with meditation, thats why i'm tight on what time i eat..

i usually meditate 2 hours after eating, but if its a big meal, 3 hours..

i had a kundalini activation and its very hard to stabilize that energy, you need to time your meals properly and meditate correctly to balance that. so quantity and timing of meals is very important.. its crazy you need to be very careful with what you eat, if i eat too much it throws me out, i cant just eat whenever i feel like. if you are working with the subtle energy of the body meals become very important, but i am finding, less food is generally better. 60-80 grams protein a day for me is usually absolutely enough and there is no way i would need any more.

i also feel totally fine just on one meal. bp coffee, whey and some carb, and one major meal and i'm totally set. i just keep it as nutrient dense as possible...

i wrote a chapter on a new book about kundalini here is the link for a downloadable pdf

http://www.lifeforcebooks.com/announcements_2/131107-SellSheet-BOCO-Reduced.pdf

also with supplements

here is what i take

can anybody else recommend some thing i might be missing?

morning, 2 grams vitamin c, 10,000iu d3, Vitamin K2

with food, : krill, selenium, zinc, b12 and folinic acid, and 1000mcg sea iodine

before bed: 750-900 mg magnesium citrate with 200 mg potassium

anyway, thanks

• Copper?

Men are undoubtedly more in danger from prosperity than adversity.  For when matters go smoothly, they flatter themselves, and are intoxicated by their success.  ~John Calvin

yeah i am not orthorexic. i have been experimenting with what my body actually needs. i just listen to it, and usually it contradicts everything i've read in most health blogs etc. like i usually go under my lean body mass in protein and feel fine.

all of the very low carb stuff i totally ignore now, i just try and go with what my body wants. i do stay pretty low carb, but i have a truckload of green veges, just with a bit of rice to satiate. eating a tiny bit of starch each day was probably the best thing i've ever done in terms of the bulletproof diet. i still have under 100 grams carb but the starches just make each meal so much more enjoyable and the IT fast becomes a walk in the park as well.

and no i'm not a pro athlete so i'm not too worried about post exercise nutrition, 24 grams whey and a bit of sweet potato and i feel totally fine, not only that but i feel totally full.

as far as the protein inflammatory thing, i was eating up to 450-500 grams of beef at one time a while back, and i felt awful. i cut back to 250 grams and feel great.

i might just have a couple of raw eggs before dinner and see how i go.

i also meditate, and messing with your digestion and eating at weird times messes with meditation, thats why i'm tight on what time i eat..

i usually meditate 2 hours after eating, but if its a big meal, 3 hours..

i had a kundalini activation and its very hard to stabilize that energy, you need to time your meals properly and meditate correctly to balance that. so quantity and timing of meals is very important.. its crazy you need to be very careful with what you eat, if i eat too much it throws me out, i cant just eat whenever i feel like. if you are working with the subtle energy of the body meals become very important, but i am finding, less food is generally better. 60-80 grams protein a day for me is usually absolutely enough and there is no way i would need any more.

i also feel totally fine just on one meal. bp coffee, whey and some carb, and one major meal and i'm totally set. i just keep it as nutrient dense as possible...

i wrote a chapter on a new book about kundalini here is the link for a downloadable pdf

http://www.lifeforcebooks.com/announcements_2/131107-SellSheet-BOCO-Reduced.pdf

also with supplements

here is what i take

can anybody else recommend some thing i might be missing?

morning, 2 grams vitamin c, 10,000iu d3, Vitamin K2

with food, : krill, selenium, zinc, b12 and folinic acid, and 1000mcg sea iodine

before bed: 750-900 mg magnesium citrate with 200 mg potassium

anyway, thanks

I'd spread out the vitamin C unless it is sustain released. How much EPA and DHA from the krill? Try to aim for 1g of each. That made a noticeable difference in brain function for me. Other than that it looks pretty good for a bare bones regimen. My suggestions will only make a slight difference.

Guitarist:

• anybody recommend a good copper supp? or are they all pretty much the same? some are very cheap thats for sure.

• Have you tried meditating in the morning?  I had to switch to mornings due mainly to difficulty in timing my dinner/evening macros accordingly (trying to gain muscle mass), now it's a non-issue.  I'm sure you already have your meditation routine down so my point may be moot.

• anybody recommend a good copper supp? or are they all pretty much the same? some are very cheap thats for sure.

best copper supplement = beef liver

and you get free animal vitamin a and a lot of other nutrients

talk about customer service..

• meditation is some difficult shit to get going in your life that is for sure....

i've found the best time to meditate is basically when you wake up, before the subconscious patterns come in to divert your attention away and lock your mind into automatic

early morning concentration exercise is good.. then 2 hours after a meal, then right before bed..

if you can make a habit of doing it properly, you will remain continually energized, because correct meditation basically is like a battery blasting superconscious energy into your cells

not an easy habit to learn though, depending on your early life programming, structure of your ego, personality.

• how to meditate:

sit 2 minutes a day (even on a chair), close your eyes and focus on your breath

repeat

let it become an habit

it's an habit?

fine, add minutes

people can't meditate for the same reason they can't exercise. the western mentality is all or nothing, the more the better. you should focus on what you CAN and WILL do and let it become a part of yourself, not try to exercise 3 hours a day for a week (lol) and then return to your old habits.

instead, implement exercise with the KISS approach, lift heavy things for 1,5 hours a week (a lot of rest in between sets too), meditate everyday, hell, even for a minute while taking a dump is ok

• real meditation is more complex than that, but its all based around a very simple premise..

the goal is actually letting the movements, various modifications of the mind to slow themselves down, so your essence can emerge

and start working on removing some of the deep issues throughout your nervous system that actually restrict your consciousness..

• real meditation is more complex than that, but its all based around a very simple premise..

the goal is actually letting the movements, various modifications of the mind to slow themselves down, so your essence can emerge

and start working on removing some of the deep issues throughout your nervous system that actually restrict your consciousness..

the best thing to do is getting started, making a little commitment,

i don't think that saying X is complex will make people start it

real meditation is awesome, but as with everything, it takes time to fully comprehend it

when you meditate you don't have to expect anything, just do it, be a witness of your thoughts. in some time you'll get better