Alternatives To Alitura Facial Mask

Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

We have alternatives to most every other Upgraded product on here but I don't see any for this mask. I'm curious of any suggestions on how I can dip my feet into this rabbit hole before I decide wether I want to shovel out 60$ for the Ferrari of skin care products. I don't have terrible facial skin but I'm sure I can improve it.

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

Comments

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

I've checked out a few of the ingredients but I'm stuck as to the hierarchy of importance.

Guitarist:

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• I guess it depends on how close you want to get it to the real thing... Aztec Healing Clay is about $7 and most health food stores carry it. It does pretty well. Steam your face, mix apple cider vinegar with the clay, put it on your face leaving until it dries. Rinse with warm water, splash with cold water, then moisturize. 

Excellent work berry, I'll start there.

Guitarist:

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

This is a toss up between spending your time vs spending your money. The amount of time it takes me to earn $59 is much less than the time it would take for me to replicate the product, so for me I would just buy it. That's me though.

edited July 2014

This is a toss up between spending your time vs spending your money. The amount of time it takes me to earn $59 is much less than the time it would take for me to replicate the product, so for me I would just buy it. That's me though.

I'm not trying to reciplicate it, I'm just trying to dip my feet into this whole concept. I'd rather learn to drive on a Honda Civic and then drive a Ferrari as opposed to learning to drive on a Ferrari.

Guitarist:

Fair enough. Hopefully you don't conclude that driving sucks after driving a few Hondas though ;-)

Fair enough. Hopefully you don't conclude that driving sucks after driving a few Hondas though :wink:

Haha let's hope not ;), thanks stevo

Guitarist:

Its my wife's birthday soon and I'm ordering a jar or two for her, and secretly for me to try. Hopefully its as awesome as it says.

• I ordered the Alitura mask and used it with the cider vinegar.  I have used other "mud facial masks".  I have to say I like the Alitura mask the best, but perhaps it is because I used it with the cider vinegar.  (The other masks didn't give that option.)  It doesn't erase wrinkles or anything like that, but my skin did feel really clean and smooth.  I slathered on lots of moisturizer after and my skin felt great.

Again; it won't change your life or drop years off your face.  But I do think it is beneficial.

I tried the mask last night. First thing: with the ACV it really stinks! Peeeww!

I put it on and let it dry over an hour. It was my first try with anything like this so it was all new. As it dried, it tightened up and my skin began to tingle. It wasn't too painful. You couldn't move your face in case it crumbled off.

I washed it off in the shower. My face was very red afterwards and I actually felt really energised.

This morning I noticed on my nose my normally cavernous pores were significantly smaller. Other than that, I agree with above: no real magic result.
  • Invest in Clarisonic.

Do only what you really want to do.

• SystemSystem mod
    edited August 2014

Bump. Updates, anyone, on how Alitura is working for you?

• SystemSystem mod
    edited August 2014

Very well, we looked fresh and youthful after, smells like seaweed, can definitely spread it out further as we only used 2 tbsp and both got to use it with half left over. Have yet to try it with acv though.

Have you used it on your scalp? Andy Hnilo talks about how he rubs it on his scalp/hair and his shoulders because of the exfoliating/detox properties.

I've shaven my head completely bald, so I'm contemplating buying the Alitura and putting some of the stuff on my scalp.

• MoodswingMoodswing
    edited August 2014

I have been using Alitura for about a month now I guess. I use it every other day. It is definitely a big improvement for your skin. It is soooo much clearer. I usually have a pale look. After the mask it glows for about a day and gives it a natural healthy "glow". Also my skin becomes very, very smooth.

I use it with 100% organic apple cider vinegar. I mix 2 dessert spoons. Then I apply, leave it on for about an hour, untill all the clay becomes hard. Then I hit the shower en use a little water to soften the clay a little. After that I start scrubbing the clay off. I think this is what makes the skin so smooth afterwards because the clays in the mixture have razor sharp miniscule edges it gives your skin a high quality peel. After that it is recommended to use a moisturizer, I use organic argan oil.

Try out the real mask, It is expensive, but it won't dissapoint! It lasts a while escpecially if you leave 2/3 days in between.

• I have been using Alitura for about a month now I guess. I use it every other day. It is definitely a big improvement for your skin. It is soooo much clearer. I usually have a pale look. After the mask it glows for about a day and gives it a natural healthy "glow". Also my skin becomes very, very smooth.

I use it with 100% organic apple cider vinegar. I mix 2 dessert spoons. Then I apply, leave it on for about an hour, untill all the clay becomes hard. Then I hit the shower en use a little water to soften the clay a little. After that I start scrubbing the clay off. I think this is what makes the skin so smooth afterwards because the clays in the mixture have razor sharp miniscule edges it gives your skin a high quality peel. After that it is recommended to use a moisturizer, I use organic argan oil.

Try out the real mask, It is expensive, but it won't dissapoint! It lasts a while escpecially if you leave 2/3 days in between.

Make sure you don't make any faces (smile, frown, etc.) while you have the mask on. Otherwise, you will get wrinkles. This is what happened to me with a different facial mask I used to use.

edited August 2014
    I've been using a simple bentonite clay and acv mixture as recommended above and have noticed benfits not only in appearance but softness as well. Hopefully my coworkers don't think I'm weird as hell for constantly stroking my chin.

Definitely adding Alitura to my next upgraded order.

Guitarist:

• I highly recommend Vitality26. They use organic ingredients on their products. https://vitality26.com