What Would You Tell Your Younger Self About Financial Mistakes Not To Make?

2»

Comments

• I have to agree that having something that would help out with the money that I had each month would have been good. I mean it's so much easier now to figure out how much I've spent each month so I know when I'm starting to get too close to my spending limit. 

• Stop eating out... at fast food that is. Even if it is healthier food, you can't beat making it yourself. You are going to get fat one day, and you will not see it coming.

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭

Stop eating out... at fast food that is. Even if it is healthier food, you can't beat making it yourself. You are going to get fat one day, and you will not see it coming.

From a cost perspective it is cheaper to eat at a high-end sushi bar than to make the same quality and quantity of sushi at home. This trend tends to apply across the board with all high-quality foodstuffs. This trend does not even take into account the additional travel time and prep time for cooking at home, nor does it take into account the vast differences in culinary experience between the average biohacker and the chef of a high-end restaurant. 

Add up the cost of all the ingredients for a grass-fed burger and compare that to the highest quality burger place in town. (Hint: if your town has an In-N-Out then that is your highest quality burger joint outside of a 4 or 5-star restaurant or a butcher-owned BBQ place. Gordon Ramsay approved too!)

Food for thought.

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

I would say only use your credit card while traveling.

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭
    edited May 2016

I'd make my younger me read the following books:

1. Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki

2. 4-Hour Workweek - Tim Ferriss

3. Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill

And if my younger self had ADHD, I'd tell him to subscribe to the "Fight Mediocrity" YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/phuckmediocrity

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!

• To my 20 year old self-

All those cool ideas you have, go do them.  Fear is an illusion.  You have nothing to loose. 

2»