Onset Of Bp Coffee/caffeine Side-Effects

I've been a coffee drinker for the past 20+ years. Never had any issues. And for the past 9 months been doing the BP Coffee daily (16-20 oz.) using all Upgraded products and absolutely love how it made me feel. 

About 2 months ago, I would start feeling anxious with chest-tightness about 20 minutes after my morning BP coffee. I've had the full cardio work-up and very healthy. When I stopped BP coffee symptoms went away. Now I'm using decaf BP coffee and feel fine but miss the energy from the caffeine.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it possible to develop an intolerance to caffeine?

Thanks!

Jon 

Comments

• I think it is possible. After drinking BP Coffee since April, my adrenals (and cortisol levels), have given me the straight message of "You need to lay off caffeine for awhile". 

So... no caffeine for the next ~2 months. 

You said "I had the full cardio work-up".. does this mean that you're doing cardio? Maybe if you want your body to handle the ramped up energy, it might be worthwhile to do weight training, as well as yoga. Yoga is designed to help boost the nervous system, which is what's getting lit up when you put coffee in your body... that and/or Tai Chi / Qi Gong. Something which will strengthen your nervous system, as well as your physical system. :) It's a consideration for you.

• Have you tired doing half decaf/half regular?

• Thanks Garrett. I meant I went to a cardiologist. Yeah- I need to incorporate some yoga and more meditation to boost the parasympathetic system.

J-Rock- Tried is this AM- seemed to work. But hopefully I'll be able to get back to full regular soon.

• I had the exact same issue, quit adding MCT's and Brain Octane and it went away entirely. 

• Also, how much coffee were you drinking? And does the same thing happen when you drink coffee on its own? What about if you drink green tea? What about adding L-Theanine and/or green tea to the mix? L-T and Green Tea (which has L-T in it) are both great for anti-anxiety. I found that, shortly before coming off BPC (at the end of June), I was brewing a cup of green tea to blend in with my BPC. It helped drop away the anxiety I would sometimes feel when drinking pure coffee-based BPC.

And yes, definitely include yoga and meditation. That's a great reminder for me - I want to go meditate :D Ever since starting my new pilates/yoga hybrid (PiYo), my body has -LOVED- meditation. Thanks for the kick to take care of me!

• I too have been drinking BPC for about the past 9 months and have recently experienced the same.

However I am also under a lot more stress with work and life in general.

Jon B. how long did it take to stop after your stopped drinking regular BPC?

MAGN3T5 how long after you stopped adding MCT and Brain octain did they symptoms go away?

• As soon as I stopped using MCT's my problems went away.

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

I've noted this in other threads before, however MCT seems to incite anxiety in a lot of people, myself included. The only time in my life I've ever struggled with anxiety is when I started using larger amounts of MCT daily. I still use it, but I use a fair bit less these days. I don't know why it does that, but upon cutting out the MCT I no longer had these issues.

Give the MCT a rest and see how you feel. I'd bet money that your chest tightness and anxiety vanish within a day.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

The only time in my life I've ever struggled with anxiety is when I started using larger amounts of MCT daily. 

How much was it?

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Not much, honestly. I'd have like 3 BP coffees a day with 1-2 tablespoons in each. 

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• Like many of you I too started to feel anxiety -- shortness of breath and heart beating faster. I've been a coffee drinker for years and never had this problem until I started drinking BP coffee about 1 month ago -- I drink 1 to 2 small cups per day. The anxiety has gotten worst. I use the high-quality BP coffee beans along with high-quality grass fed ghee, I don't use MCT. I'm going to do what Jon B did and switch to non-caffeinated. I'll test it and come back and let you all know what my results are. Stay tuned... :)