Emwave 3?

SystemSystem mod
edited July 2014 in Stress Hacking

As most Heartmath fanatics know, the emWave 2 has been out for a minute now. So it got me thinking; what features would you like to see incorporated into the emWave 3, or whatever Heartmath decides to name it?

Since the heart generates shock waves throughout the body -- which is why you can clip the emWave sensor to your nose, earlobe, and other body parts and gather accurate HRV results -- I would like to see them come out with a wristband that pickups the heart's shock waves, giving us the ability to check our HRV throughout the day on the spot. My biggest gripe with the emWave2, although it is a damn near perfect device, is that it only gives me feedback as to whether I'm coherent or not if I decide to turn on the device, a device that attracts stares from others because of its bright, blinking lights. It would be cool if there were a wrist band -- something resembling Nike's Fuelband -- that tracks your HRV and a small, compact device that lets you know how you're doing, coherence-wise.

Note: I'm not even sure an emWave 3 is in the works. I just want to know what features, if any, you guys would like to see added to it if Heartmath is engineering one right now.

Comments

• a better sensor would definitely be a good thing. i've had 2 of those ear sensors just stop working out of the blue. the first time i had to send the whole emwave back and wait for a replacement, the 2nd time they were gonna charge me for a new sensor but thankfully after i told them how lame that is they sent me a free one. 

• I have the connector for the Iphone. I would love to see a better GUI. It is hard to follow the wave. I like to use it to breath up with my HRV and down when my HRV is going down. That is the biggest value to me and gets me in coherence quickly.  I sometimes find myself just using the Azumio (which uses the camera lense) because its GUI is better. Ofcourse that is only a short term solution and the Heartmath overall is better.

• I'd love a "sleep-cycle" like ability to track factors and label for time of day - I'd also love to be able to import my sleep cycle and sweetbeat HRV data as well, but I wouldn't ever expect that one.
  • A vertical gauge as part of the desktop software that one could dial in to your personal inhaling and exhaling time even with pauses at top and bottom.  I programmed one for my self and use it whenever I use my desktop display.  It does much to get me into coherence and staying there.

• SystemSystem mod
    edited July 2014

a better sensor would definitely be a good thing. i've had 2 of those ear sensors just stop working out of the blue. the first time i had to send the whole emwave back and wait for a replacement, the 2nd time they were gonna charge me for a new sensor but thankfully after i told them how lame that is they sent me a free one. 

My sensor just stopped functioning today out of the blue.

• Another vote for the sensor - gets easily interfered with (try getting your HRV in bright sunlight), and it breaks as others have noted. I had one emwave die that way.

On the iphone sensor now which I bought because I thought it would be more accurate - however exactly the same issues.

The Quantified Body Podcast 

Gain Confidence in What You Invest Your Time & Money In.

Learn from Data-Driven Experiments using New Tools & Tactics to Improve Health, Performance and Longevity

• Another vote for the sensor - gets easily interfered with (try getting your HRV in bright sunlight), and it breaks as others have noted. I had one emwave die that way.

On the iphone sensor now which I bought because I thought it would be more accurate - however exactly the same issues.

Yeah, it sucks. I'm forced to you use the thumb sensor now on the emwave2, meaning I can't multitask.
  • SystemSystem mod
    edited July 2014

Another vote for the sensor - gets easily interfered with (try getting your HRV in bright sunlight), and it breaks as others have noted. I had one emwave die that way.

Are you saying that one of your emwaves died because of the ear sensor broke?

• As most Heartmath fanatics know, the emWave 2 has been out for a minute now. So it got me thinking; what features would you like to see incorporated into the emWave 3, or whatever Heartmath decides to name it?

Since the heart generates shock waves throughout the body -- which is why you can clip the emWave sensor to your nose, earlobe, and other body parts and gather accurate HRV results -- I would like to see them come out with a wristband that pickups the heart's shock waves, giving us the ability to check our HRV throughout the day on the spot. My biggest gripe with the emWave2, although it is a damn near perfect device, is that it only gives me feedback as to whether I'm coherent or not if I decide to turn on the device, a device that attracts stares from others because of its bright, blinking lights. It would be cool if there were a wrist band -- something resembling Nike's Fuelband -- that tracks your HRV and a small, compact device that lets you know how you're doing, coherence-wise.

Note: I'm not even sure an emWave 3 is in the works. I just want to know what features, if any, you guys would like to see added to it if Heartmath is engineering one right now.

+1 for the wristband.

• Does the light from the EMwave2 bother anyone elses eyes?