Wellnessfx Premium Package Vs. Thorne Fx Wellness Complete Package

I was planning to get the WellnessFX Premium blood testing package, which is supposed to be their top package that incorporates all the other blood tests they offer:  http://www.wellnessfx.com/premium

Then, I noticed (if I go through ThorneFX (which owns WellnessFX)), that there's an alternative package called the Wellness Complete package, which they also call their most comprehensive package that's supposed to incorporate all their other tests:  http://thornefx.com/lab-testing/wellness-complete/

There are many overlaps but also some differences.  The WellnessFX Premium one is $988, while the ThorneFX one is $892.  And if you look carefully through the tests included in the two packages, you'll see some differences in most of the categories.

This is pretty confusing, since these are really offered through the same company.  Does anyone have any idea which one is actually better or more complete?  (I'm leaning toward the WellnessFX Premium one because it seems to include more tests, but then, the Wellness Complete one also does have some tests the Premium one doesn't have.)  Any thoughts?

Comments

• Quick glance, it looks like Wellness Premium has significantly more and I'm not seeing anything Thorne has that isn't already included in WellnessFX premium.

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

Yeah, just pick the list you like better. 

Just to be clear since you said "offered through the same company," all either company is doing is requisitioning labs. It varies from state to state, but in most states they've just worked out a deal with Quest Diagnostics to run the tests. Quest takes your blood and runs the labs, then sends WellnessFX/Thorne the data, and they put it in pretty pictures. 

That's worth something, quite a lot, actually. But if you have a helpful doc you could get the same tests, via Quest, through your doc, maybe paid for by insurance, and there are other companies that can do this too. I got WellnessFX Performance and Thyroid and I'm glad I did, but it's not like they're the only source for these labs. 

• Quick glance, it looks like Wellness Premium has significantly more and I'm not seeing anything Thorne has that isn't already included in WellnessFX premium.

The ThorneFX option (Wellness Complete) does seem to have one or two things that aren't in the Wellness Premium:  there's the "Complete Metabolic Panel" in the "Nutrient Deficiency" category and the "Thyroid Peroxidase" in the "Thyroid" category.  These might be covered through some other measures the Wellness Premium one addresses, but I'm not sure.  Anyway, in general I agree with you that the Wellness Premium seems to have significantly more, and that's the one I'm planning to go with in all likelihood.

• Yeah, just pick the list you like better. 

Just to be clear since you said "offered through the same company," all either company is doing is requisitioning labs. It varies from state to state, but in most states they've just worked out a deal with Quest Diagnostics to run the tests. Quest takes your blood and runs the labs, then sends WellnessFX/Thorne the data, and they put it in pretty pictures. 

That's worth something, quite a lot, actually. But if you have a helpful doc you could get the same tests, via Quest, through your doc, maybe paid for by insurance, and there are other companies that can do this too. I got WellnessFX Performance and Thyroid and I'm glad I did, but it's not like they're the only source for these labs. 

I actually went through the calculations for how much my Doc charged for HALF of what WellnessFX Premium offers and it's crazy. My insurance would be paying them around 2000 USD for half of the WFX Premium package and I'd have to burden 450 USD of that. Crazy right? I wouldn't even know any inflammation markers or 25h Vit D, Thyroid, Hormones etc. So I inquired another MD at a huge public hospital here and it'd come up at around 4500 USD for what WFX charges 1000 USD.

Our medical system man, it makes NO sense.

the system around you is not necessarily aligned with your incentives in mind

memento mori

• anyone have any more info on this? Wellnessfx now has a "loyalty" discount if you get two or three labs done in a year.