Ahhhhh... Mold In My Bedroom!

Just found out there is mold in my bedroom.... had been smelling a damp musky smell for awhile and thought it was just the sump pump.... it's MOLD... they are expediting the samples so I should have the results tomorrow on if it is in the air or contained to the closet they found it in....

SO.. a few things....

1) Could this cause night sweats, in ability to gain weight?

2) If this is in the air and toxic... how to detox? Activated Charcoal?

ANY ADVICE AT ALL will help!

Comments

• I had this problem and ended up moving.  I didn't even realize how shitty mold made me feel until I moved.

• Activated charcoal is good. So is bentonite clay and zeolites.

• Yes, it can cause night sweats and an inability to gain weight.

First, you need to determine if you are in the 25% of people who cannot detox mold toxins. That will drastically change your options.

http://www.survivingmold.com/diagnosis

Simplest way, aside from looking at symptoms, is to take the VCS test http://www.survivingmold.com/store1/online-screening-test (Dave recommends this)

If you are not of the 25% susceptible, you can detox using:

1) Activated Charcoal (10 pills/day)

2) Calcium D Glucarate (2-3g/day)

3) Far Infrared Sauna

4) Glutathione (500mg/day)

You will then need to treat your home/apartment and belongings:

1) Eliminate/remediate mold (need to find out why it was growing in the first place)

2) Wash all washable items in borax

3) Spray non-washable surfaces with Concrobium Mold Control (get it at Home Depot or Lowes) and wipe it with a microfiber cloth

In the end, it's advisable to move... but without testing the new location there's a good chance (30-50%) you'll encounter it in the new place.

Btw, what test did you do? Air sample or ERMI? (It's not confined to your closet. If it's in the closet, it's in the air)

• @brandon... THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH.... we just had a guy come in yesterday..... he found the mold and took samples then tested the air too..... we got the results RUSHED so we should know by noon today...and can post the kind and if it is in the air...

• Any updates?

• No mold in the air.... they are going to come and remove it.... but my dad was the one that got the report emailed to him and he won't fwd it to me because he doesn't want me researching it ;(

• HI, Brandon,

Concrobium Mold Control is only good for surface mold, right? I read there's nothing kills mycotoxins.

Yes, it can cause night sweats and an inability to gain weight.

First, you need to determine if you are in the 25% of people who cannot detox mold toxins. That will drastically change your options.

Simplest way, aside from looking at symptoms, is to take the VCS test http://www.survivingmold.com/store1/online-screening-test (Dave recommends this)

3) Far Infrared Sauna

1) Eliminate/remediate mold (need to find out why it was growing in the first place)

3) Spray non-washable surfaces with Concrobium Mold Control (get it at Home Depot or Lowes) and wipe it with a microfiber cloth

In the end, it's advisable to move... but without testing the new location there's a good chance (30-50%) you'll encounter it in the new place.

Btw, what test did you do? Air sample or ERMI? (It's not confined to your closet. If it's in the closet, it's in the air)

Yes, it can cause night sweats and an inability to gain weight.

3) Far Infrared Sauna

• Just found out there is mold in my bedroom.... had been smelling a damp musky smell for awhile and thought it was just the sump pump.... it's MOLD... they are expediting the samples so I should have the results tomorrow on if it is in the air or contained to the closet they found it in....

SO.. a few things....

1) Could this cause night sweats, in ability to gain weight?

2) If this is in the air and toxic... how to detox? Activated Charcoal?

ANY ADVICE AT ALL will help!

Once they find what strain it is, you can look it up and find the symptoms. In general, mold toxins could certainly cause both of the things you mentioned. As well as a host of other symptoms.

Biggest takeaway after several years as a hardcore biohacker: think long-term. Focus on health first before adding in boosters. It works a lot better.
  • I have 13 species of water damaged mold at my apt and I have all and more of the symptoms you described. When mold produces mycotoxins, it can cause from allergy symptoms to neuro damage, cause cancer and even death in human and animals. My cat got sick around same time I got sick and she died last year. She and I have similar symptoms.

My neighbor's unit also had water flooded to his unit from upper level and their dog died earlier this year. I highly suspicious it is caused by mycotoxins since there have been pinhole pipe leaks, slab leaks and water flood at our building.

Great learning info on :

dr. shoemaker's website www.survivingmold.com

dr. Mercola's interview of several different experts on Mold

Doug Kaufmann's show www.knowthecause.com also book of Fungus link volum 3 talks Charpter 3 or 4 talks about Water damage building cause mycoxins and what specific mycotoxin causes specific symptoms and cancers.
  • I just recently had mold removed from the walls in my bedroom. I didn't get a chance to have it tested, they just hacked the affected area out and filled it in. Not sure if this is enough?

My symptoms were and still are constant fatigue, frequent migraines, occasional breathlessness. My girlfriend has had the exact same symptoms but more severe breathing issues and only recently had we twigged it was related to the mold. My fatigue is lifting slowly but we're actually moving out of the property in about 2 months so hopefully the new place will bring our symptoms to an end.

Once we move I plan on detoxing, I've got a full pack of Upgraded Glutathione waiting for me along with charcoal, bentonite clay and plan on doing more after the initial detox process.

• So we've finally moved out of the affected property and into a totally clean place. As we were moving out and moving things around we discovered a mass of mold build up behind various pieces of furniture in our bedroom and it had actualy caked our bedding stored under our bed, no wonder we were so ill! i'd put up photos but it's like a horror movie!

We've been out for 4 days now so I want to actively start detoxing. I'm currently taking charcoal, upgraded glutathione and chlorella. Should I chuck anything else in there?

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

So we've finally moved out of the affected property and into a totally clean place. As we were moving out and moving things around we discovered a mass of mold build up behind various pieces of furniture in our bedroom and it had actualy caked our bedding stored under our bed, no wonder we were so ill! i'd put up photos but it's like a horror movie!

We've been out for 4 days now so I want to actively start detoxing. I'm currently taking charcoal, upgraded glutathione and chlorella. Should I chuck anything else in there?

Thorne Molybdenum Glycinate, Every Other Day

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭

So we've finally moved out of the affected property and into a totally clean place. As we were moving out and moving things around we discovered a mass of mold build up behind various pieces of furniture in our bedroom and it had actualy caked our bedding stored under our bed, no wonder we were so ill! i'd put up photos but it's like a horror movie!

And tons of vitamin C...  

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!

• Awesome thanks.

In terms of timings does it matter when I take it all? I currently take one serving of the glutathione upon waking, about 20 minutes later I take between 8-12 tabs of chlorella along with all my usual vitamins and BPC. I'm also making a parsley and ginger tea in the evening then take 4 caps of charcoal before bed.

Should I be looking out for any particular detox symptoms also? I've already experienced a herx reaction when I first took glutathione for a few weeks solid but didn't take enough chlorella/charcoal to mop things up so think it caused more harm than good.

• How important is it to do urmi testing as opposed to simple air and surface sampling? We had air and surface testing done on a remediated area and mold counts were within normal limits. Now I'm wondering whether I should trust that or redo the testing with Urni?
  • Hey chaps, SO as above I've been in my new place since early December and my girlfriend and i felt awesome for the first few weeks but have gradually returned to feeling like we did at the last place only with slightly differing symptoms. Breathlessness has gone for both of us but pretty savage fatigue is still prevalent. Brain fog and headaches seem to greet us each morning and my girlfriend seems to have stomach pains and nausea pretty much everyday. We are thinking it could be a gut related issue also so i plan on trying a course of prebiotic at night and probiotic in the morning as we don't really eat many gut flora producing foods (sauerkraut every couple of weeks). I've not been too militant with the mold detox protocol as it made me feel even worse when i first moved but think we may have to go all in with that again and hit the classics hard.

We did bring furniture over from the last place but i washed it with borax when we moved in and there's no visual signs of mold (not that it means there isn't any) and the new flat is humidity stable so shouldn't cause mold to grow. 

I've just bought a HEPA air filter for the bedroom and it seems to help slightly with headaches but other than that i don't know what else to run on. 

SEND HELP!