Advice On Anxiety/add/addiction Regimen For Noob Hacker
I previously posted this in the wrong place. Sorry for the repetition if some of you saw it already.
I've been tipping my toes in Bulletproof waters for about 2 months now. So far i must say, amazing! I realize i tasted a fraction of what sort of well being could result from this.
What led me here is a series of events and realizations that added up:
1. Two of my closest friends were diagnosed with Celiac's which led me to understand gut-brain connections.
2. My 6 yo son was diagnosed with ADHD (which I suspected since he was 2). Understanding this condition led me to investigate this for myself and I was also diagnosed w/ ADD (hypoactive).
3. Sick of doctors treating symptoms rather than a person while rolling eyes at these scientifically proven facts and correlations.
So it opened my eyes to possible underlying food sensitivity explaining neurological conditions. I've been accumulating knowledge for years on these relations but purely from a theoretical and intellectual perspective. Now that I met this community, I'm very well on my way to actually put all this in practice. I have a very long way to go though. The change in lifestyle will be a major challenge for me since :
- I have GAD with depression. (treated with Effexor)
- Have ADD (treated with Vyvanse)
- I am an alcoholic. (treated with booze :unsure:)
All co-morbid conditions. I stopped searching for which caused which, figured I'll just hack the shit out of them all at once! So here I am.
I figured I'd biohack in 3-4 phases following a logical priorization. So here's where I need guidance. Does this make sense?
1. Harm reduction + start detox protocol + BP diet with ++protein since I'm very skinny (6' - 130lbs)
2. Accelerate SNRI detox by cycling meds with SAMe - 5HTP - L-tryptophan + Nootropics type stack. (timeline and dose suggestions?)
3. Full alcohol detox + full BP diet
4. Become the superhero I always knew I was inside.
Here's where my homework got me up to now...My current regimen is:
- Pink salt water + Vyvanse upon wake-up
- Bulletproof coffee (with both coconut and MCT + honey + almond milk) + Started adding a raw egg for protein (will get the collagen soon)
- Noon: Protein shake (Almond milk, fruit juice, whey protein, avocado-kale-spinach-cucumber type veggie)
- Noon Vitamin stack ( D3 drops 1000iu, cal-mag-d, B complex, EPA-DHA 1g) + Effexor 225mg (started cycling to 150 every other day. Ready for next step)
- Lunch: too often missing. sometimes 3 scrambled eggs with spinach and salt, maybe ham.
- 4 pm: pre-drinking stack. (Vit B1, NAC 500mg, Vit C 1g, ALA+other anti-ox formula containing ALAR, curcumin etc.)
- pre-dinner drinks: Gluten free beers 2 pints.
- Dinner: decent amount of meat steak-porc chops-chicken on BBQ (i know), veggies, salad, starch (rice or GF pasta in butter)
- Drinking: White wine or beer+Vodka or tequila. Ridiculous amounts. (Made the switch from red wine and dark rum).
- After drink stack : Water, Cal-Mag-D, Magnesium 250, NAC 500, Vit C 500 or 1g, Activated charcoal if needed. Will add collagen soon. (would zinc 50mg be safe?)
- pass out
** Supps I'm looking to add are : K2, Collagen, Zinc/Copper?, Calcium d-glucarate, Selenium+iodine, Glutathione for cycling NAC, + NAC 200mg for S. Fowkes protocol.
There you go. If some of you are still reading, I would be very grateful for any advice and thoughts on my regimen and BP integration phases.
ALSO and especially. To the Admins: one very important sticky that might be lacking from the forums is cautionary measures and warning for certain conditions and med interactions.
For example while on SSRI's would there be a non-negligible risk of serotonin toxicity by adding SAMe, 5 HTP, etc ?
Could even be an important sub-forum to consider. Something like : Prescription drugs/Medical conditions guidelines.
Thanks again so much. So happy I found my way here.