Ice Cream Made With Cream?

Is it ok to use heavy pastured, organic  whipping cream to make ice cream?  It is bulletproof according to the roadmap but I'm seeing mostly coconut milk in other recipes.

Comments

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Sure, completely ok. Most recipes try to include people who are sensitive to dairy. If you tolerate it it is a great choice. (Raw is better but I can't find raw.)

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Seriously try Dave's recipe.  Kids love it and ask for it all the time.  It's a damn good "paleo friendly" version.  

• Thanks!  I wish I could get raw cream too but I can't.  I have tried Dave's recipe and it is amazing!!!  I was just wanted to know if  cream would be ok if I didn't have all the ingredients for Dave's:)

• I make ice cream all the time with coconut milk and coconut cream... I use Dave's recipe as a base, but go WAY under on the eggs, and it's just delicious.

I've been making Mint Chip using a mint extract - probably not the most BP flavoring in the world, but it's organic and you don't need much of it.  I also skip the vanilla with this flavor, and I use chopped up Lind bars for the chocolate chips. I should really post this soon. 

• Can you guys tell me how much of the Dave's Get Some Ice cream recipe end product are you able to eat at once? (in percentage of the full recipe as published from 4 eggs, 4 egg yolks, 100g butter, 100g coconut oil, 50g MCT)? Everyone here seems to enjoy it, and am I the only one who finds it impossible to eat anything more then a tiny amount of it before feeling its almost repulsive. The first few table spoons feel good, but ONLY the first several spoons. The next few spoons feel like I am getting too much, and any significant amount feels repulsive.

Which is strange, as I am able to eat enormous amounts of "normal" dairy based ice-cream, and I am also usually eating about 300 grams of fat per day, so eating 20% of the recipe at once should not be a problem, as its just 50 grams fat (and I can eat 100 grams of fat at once in other meals no problem) - but I can't eat even 20% of the recipe, not to mention eating half of it. It just doesn't feel good, feels as I had way too much food, I get repulsed. I'd like to make ice-cream that I am able to eat enormous amounts of, to easily cram a 1000 kcal at once into me, any ideas to make it palatable?

Oh, and I can easily eat 5 eggs or 5 raw egg yolks at once, so that's not the problem too. Can eat other meals with 125 grams butter in it at once too. So what is the problem? Anyone else encountered this?

• You can freeze ripe bananas and then blend them with some double cream, almond butter and MCT/Brain Octane to get a really good tasting 'Peanut' butter and banana ice cream. It's seriously good. Maybe one for the evening though because of the fruit. I use it as dessert after dinner sometimes.

• Can you guys tell me how much of the Dave's Get Some Ice cream recipe end product are you able to eat at once? (in percentage of the full recipe as published from 4 eggs, 4 egg yolks, 100g butter, 100g coconut oil, 50g MCT)? Everyone here seems to enjoy it, and am I the only one who finds it impossible to eat anything more then a tiny amount of it before feeling its almost repulsive. The first few table spoons feel good, but ONLY the first several spoons. The next few spoons feel like I am getting too much, and any significant amount feels repulsive.

Which is strange, as I am able to eat enormous amounts of "normal" dairy based ice-cream, and I am also usually eating about 300 grams of fat per day, so eating 20% of the recipe at once should not be a problem, as its just 50 grams fat (and I can eat 100 grams of fat at once in other meals no problem) - but I can't eat even 20% of the recipe, not to mention eating half of it. It just doesn't feel good, feels as I had way too much food, I get repulsed. I'd like to make ice-cream that I am able to eat enormous amounts of, to easily cram a 1000 kcal at once into me, any ideas to make it palatable?

Oh, and I can easily eat 5 eggs or 5 raw egg yolks at once, so that's not the problem too. Can eat other meals with 125 grams butter in it at once too. So what is the problem? Anyone else encountered this?

Same here, I can only get through 20%. That fifth is heaven though.