How To Test If Your Root Canal Is Infected Without The Dentist

Infected root canals can cause problems for some. And one dentist said X-rays cant always spot minor infections. The only way for sure is to pull it out he said (not sure if thats correct).

Anyway, is there perhaps any N1 experiment you could design to figure it out for sure without pulling out the tooth?

I was thinking rinsing the mouth with a few drops of oregano oil daily, for a week to see what happens. If there is an infection its the bacteria from the infection that causes problems, right? And if you kill those bacteria with oregano oil, the problems should go away temporarily. Or perhaps I dont understand the biology of it.

What would you do?

Comments

• I know this is a 2 year old thread... but here are some comments.

You or a biological dentist can do a blood test on the root canal by using the DNA Connections Full View Test. Cost is about $600.

http://www.dnaconnexions.com

I'm guessing you could do something clever by getting a blood sample and then culturing it yourself... but not as precise as their DNA PCR analysis.

I'm not sure an infection would show up on an x-ray. I had a very bad infection in my root canal, also had several x-rays of that part of my tooth. My dentists never saw anything on the x-ray that indicated it might be infected.

Mouthwash will not penetrate into the root canal. As far as I know, even oral antibiotics will not penetrate into the root canal to fight the infections.

The problem is that there might be bacteria inside of the root canal. Because of the way the tissue was killed (the root canal procedure) your body has limited ability to get antibiotics or normal immune response into the infected area... but the infections and biotoxins can come out.

If you use oregano oil mouth wash, it would help kill any bacteria coming out of the infection. But it would not address the root cause. It would be kind of like throwing a tarp over a lawn sprinkler. The water isn't spraying up into the air any more, but unless you go turn off the faucet at the source, water is still constantly coming out of the sprinkler.

Hope that helps.

• Update - I talked to an oral surgeon friend... an infection can be seen on an x-ray, but it will typically be very, very bad by the point that it is visible. Like, "you might lose part of your jaw" type of bad infection.

You can have very problematic infections in a root canal that are small enough to not be visible on an x-ray.

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭

All root canalled teeth are infected. Root canals are not Bulletproof. ;)

Dr. Hal Huggins and Dr. Boyd Haley confirmed the work of Dr. Weston A. Price, performed nearly 100 years earlier.

When 5000 root-canalled teeth were pulled and tested for infection, from then-recent procedures to those that took place years or decades before, all 5000 were infected. And not just infected with what would typically infect a tooth, but some of the most toxic bacteria and anaerobic pathogens ever found.

For the control group, they used the control of also extracting healthy teeth from people going through orthodontics and for other reasons, usually to address an issue of crowding. None of these had any hint of any of these or similar pathogens present

You cannot fully sterilize a tooth. It can't be done.

Each time you bite down on a root canalled tooth, these pathogens leak out into the blood stream, little by little.

https://www.amazon.com/Toxic-Tooth-canal-could-making/dp/0983772827
    https://riordanclinic.org/2015/10/the-mouth-body-connection-2/

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited January 26

@BrainSpankingNews re the ~5000 tooth study,
    Is access to that study, or study abstract available online somewhere ? eg PubMed.
    Can you link if you know. Thx

fake it till you make it

• jcg3jcg3 ✭✭

My dentist told me that you CAN sterilize a tooth. You just can't do it while it's in your mouth.

I think technically he is correct. :)

• Thank you Jcg3 for reviving this convo. I had a root canal installed in 1998 and it sat quietly without a tinge of trouble until Dec 23, 2012. I was fine at 9:30PM and at 9:35PM the roof of my mouth swelled up and the area around the root canaled tooth. Scary for me. I found the one dentist who was open on Christmas Eve who x-rayed it and called her whole team in to show them what non of them had ever seen before, a re-infected root canal. She offered to "re-do" and I graciously declined. I had it pulled a few months later...that's another story.

• I know the conventional thought is that abyss tooth must be either root canaled (bio-calyx or gut percha) or extracted....

There is a new type of root canal called PIPS and if the abyss is caught early, apparently it is successful. There is a dentist in Vancouver Canada who performs PIPS if the problem is caught early. Has anyone heard otherwise?

I wonder if LLLT using red light and/or infrared light could kill the infection? Ultraviolet light is use in water treatment plans to kill ? bacteria, parasites, viruses, one or all of those. It would take more time and I wonder if it has been explored at all by the dental community?

• jcg3jcg3 ✭✭

LLLT or infrared should probably promote your immune system and/or faster healing... but I have no idea if it would help or hurt with an infection. Some bacteria will get stimulated by red/infrared light just like your mitochondria and cells do, so it might end up backfiring.

Here's a research paper on using lasers to help disinfect during a root canal... their summary states "But studies on comparison of antibacterial effects of Nd:YAG laser with sodium hypochlorite showed effectiveness of both, with a better effect for sodium hypochlorite."
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4281974/

In contrast - this website suggests lasers can be used with a technique called PDT to kill bacteria:
    http://periodontics-prosthodontics.imedpub.com/low-level-laser-therapy-in-modern-dentistry.php?aid=7790

They specifically state LLLT is analogous to photosynthesis (promote growth, healing) whereas PDT is more of a seek-and-destroy use of lasers.

UV, ozone (e.g., ozone mouthwash or ozone toothpaste), or oxidizers in general may help with infections. But everything that I've read suggests that penetration to the root is the biggest problem.