Mold Detoxing

I've noticed that I'm more creative and cognizant in the early mornings and late afternoons.

My previous rational was that I was simply a night owl, or biologically predisposed to being more active during those times.

I'm now certain that it's all due to mold and its circadian rhythm, any thoughts of detox protocol?  

Tagged:

Comments

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/11895-ahhhhh-mold-in-my-bedroom/?hl=mold

Brandon gives a detox protocol in his post.

Do you mean mold inside you or around you?

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• edited August 2014

You should read my thread. I was very sick for a long long time and no docs could help. Avoiding mold changed my life along with detoxing. Here are the few most important things that helped me.

1. avoid mold in ur area. be aware of buildings, your house, etc. like i even started feeling MUCH better once I switched gyms and once I didnt live in my basement anymore

2. vitamin b12. nobody mentions it but there is scientific evidence for it (google b12 mold toxins). Trust me on this one, it changed my life. I take a very high dose, there are no side effects. If you want to know more hit me up. Some forms are better then others. Also dont forget to take folic acid with it. In the meanwhile you can read the book ''could it be b12'' and like I said google some articles. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17982599 this is just an example I did find. After taking b12 for a while I could smile again and think clear. I am still grateful for my pill b12 every day. sometimes I dont take it for a while, start feeling worse, start with it again and boom I am back.

3. bentonite clay + activated charcoal. If I take this before bed I can think MUCH clearer the next morning. Another guy here experiences the same.

4. dont eat it. stick to the bulletproof diet. 

Dave also mentions some detox stuff here. Good watch

• I've noticed that I'm more creative and cognizant in the early mornings and late afternoons.

My previous rational was that I was simply a night owl, or biologically predisposed to being more active during those times.

I'm now certain that it's all due to mold and its circadian rhythm, any thoughts of detox protocol?  

I haven't seen anything written on the circadian rhythm of mold - do you have any references to check out?

I've heard discussion of parasites having cycles, but also haven't seen any quality source of information on it.

Something that may be helpful for you - just from having spoken to people, some people have gut issues which translate to them getting tired after eating. This could potentially be allergy or sensitivity to foods they are eating, so this would be an avenue I would explore in your case. Is it something you eat for breakfast for example? Change up what you eat for breakfast for a month, that would be a potentially useful experiment.

The Quantified Body Podcast 

Gain Confidence in What You Invest Your Time & Money In.

Learn from Data-Driven Experiments using New Tools & Tactics to Improve Health, Performance and Longevity

• Mold biotoxins really messed up my cortisol levels (and several other hormones). So I'm not sure if it is your circadian rhythm or really your cortisol levels. Maybe they are normal at the time you feel creative and mentally your best. Do you have trouble sleeping at night?

I started by getting an ERMI test done to check for mold in my home. The score was 9 and my doc said I needed a 2 or less to get better.we had mold remediation done in April, I started Cholestyramine (CSM) in May, had a set back in July from a new mold exposure and am slowly getting better. I feel very lucky to have a Shoemaker certified mold doc 30 minutes from my home who is treating me.

I take 15 tablets of chlorella in the morning and my first dose of CSM, which is a binder, several hours later. I can't tolerate activated charcoal. I end of feeling totally depleted and drained out. I've actually been able to cut my thyroid medication in half since we got rid of the mold and I started detoxing the biotoxins. So things are getting better. I also take B12, hydroxy B12. However, I can not take folic acid due to MTHFR, so I take methyl folate. This is a whole other discussion but 40 % of the population have issues with MTHFR, so I wouldn't recommend folic acid to anyone.
  • A lot of people also have issues with low stomach acid. B12 is a nutrient that is still available in food chain of both omni and carnivores, however low stomach acid and hidden infections can deplet it greatly. Have you measured how much of it it's actually in your blood after ingestion?

I do think supporting methylation is really important, but also think getting going with pills only is not good long term plan.

• Which city are you at? I don't have any doctor under Shoemaker's protocol in my area, im wondering if it's really necessary to go to shoemaker certificated one?

Mold biotoxins really messed up my cortisol levels (and several other hormones). So I'm not sure if it is your circadian rhythm or really your cortisol levels. Maybe they are normal at the time you feel creative and mentally your best. Do you have trouble sleeping at night?

I started by getting an ERMI test done to check for mold in my home. The score was 9 and my doc said I needed a 2 or less to get better.we had mold remediation done in April, I started Cholestyramine (CSM) in May, had a set back in July from a new mold exposure and am slowly getting better. I feel very lucky to have a Shoemaker certified mold doc 30 minutes from my home who is treating me.

I take 15 tablets of chlorella in the morning and my first dose of CSM, which is a binder, several hours later. I can't tolerate activated charcoal. I end of feeling totally depleted and drained out. I've actually been able to cut my thyroid medication in half since we got rid of the mold and I started detoxing the biotoxins. So things are getting better. I also take B12, hydroxy B12. However, I can not take folic acid due to MTHFR, so I take methyl folate. This is a whole other discussion but 40 % of the population have issues with MTHFR, so I wouldn't recommend folic acid to anyone.

• I live in Chicago. I think it is best to get a Shoemaker certified doc at least in the beginning. I'm sure there could be other doctors who know about this but aren't certified, but it would be very hard to find one I think. Check out the surviving mold website because there were recently more doctors certified. The other option is to find a doctor who understands testing and treating for Lyme disease. I think some of the really good Lyme docs also know about mold. The inflammatory condition I have from mold could also be caused by Lyme. The genes I have that prevents me from tagging and eliminating the mold biotoxins would also prevent me from eliminating the Lyme biotoxins as well.

I'm using Cholestyramine (CSM) right now to bind to the biotoxins so I can get rid of them. Some people believe some types of charcoal can do the same thing but Shoemaker does not use charcoal because I don't think the research shows it works for sure. If Dave has some research on this I would be very interested.

• Mold biotoxins really messed up my cortisol levels (and several other hormones). So I'm not sure if it is your circadian rhythm or really your cortisol levels. Maybe they are normal at the time you feel creative and mentally your best. Do you have trouble sleeping at night?

Hey @Chigirl46, how are you doing with your VCS? Have you managed to get it clear with the CSM yet? (e.g. over 90).

When I first used CSM I had to take it 4 times per day (i.e. 16 grams total), taking less resulted in very little symptoms improvement/ improvement of VCS. Especially when you get up past 70 or so - trying to clear the last part.

Learn from Data-Driven Experiments using New Tools & Tactics to Improve Health, Performance and Longevity

• Damien, I never got a score on the VCS it just said "pass". I had 6 wrong my first test and 5 wrong the second test. I think the my low ADH and hormone imbalances are causing me the most symptoms right now. That and my gut health.

I've never really been able to get up to 4 x a day. 3 max. I thought I was having trouble tolerating the CSM so I decreased to 1 1/2 tsp twice a day. Sometimes I also take Welchol with my meals. After reading your post I think I need to increase. Maybe that's why my progress seems slow. How long did you stay at 4 x day?
  • Hey @chigirl46, if you use this test - http://vcstest.com it will give you a precise score. Better for tracking. Your VCS doesn't sound so bad, so that's great for you. Mine was 40 when I started, basically I could hardly see anything ;-)

I think 4 X day for 1 month would do it. I would definitely try that, and not worry about tolerating it - I find that as it's taking the toxins out I will get some detox symptoms - it's just part of the process. When they're out you feel so much better - so it's worth just pushing past that as temporary.

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014

I live in Chicago. I think it is best to get a Shoemaker certified doc at least in the beginning. I'm sure there could be other doctors who know about this but aren't certified, but it would be very hard to find one I think. Check out the surviving mold website because there were recently more doctors certified. The other option is to find a doctor who understands testing and treating for Lyme disease. I think some of the really good Lyme docs also know about mold. The inflammatory condition I have from mold could also be caused by Lyme. The genes I have that prevents me from tagging and eliminating the mold biotoxins would also prevent me from eliminating the Lyme biotoxins as well.

I'm using Cholestyramine (CSM) right now to bind to the biotoxins so I can get rid of them. Some people believe some types of charcoal can do the same thing but Shoemaker does not use charcoal because I don't think the research shows it works for sure. If Dave has some research on this I would be very interested.

There is also no research that the CSM works either, no studies at all just Shoemaker guessing. Also, for the love of god do not take Actos.

I am about to write a series of detailed blog posts about this, about everything mycotoxin related in general.

Don't get me started on the validity of a VCS test. No calibration on individual monitors for one thing, so a lot of room for user error. It is almost impossible to base uniform accurate results unless a program was developed on a specific monitor (controlled contrast and brightness) in a controlled lighted room and people took the test there under controlled conditions.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• There is research going back to the 1970ies showing that CSM binds to various biotoxins.

Here is a double blinded, placebo controlled clinical trial by Dr Shoemaker.

http://www.personalconsult.com/articles/cholestyramineformold.html
  • John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

There is research going back to the 1970ies showing that CSM binds to various biotoxins.

Here is a double blinded, placebo controlled clinical trial by Dr Shoemaker.
    http://www.personalconsult.com/articles/cholestyramineformold.html

Love to see the research, wonder why the study was not widely published.

Needs more research.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• Damn see my post got quite some likes :cool:

• Diva310, if you are dealing with CIRS, not just mold exposure, then you need to be treated by a doctor certified in Shoemaker's protocol. CIRS is a genetic defect that prevents your body from detoxing the mold toxins. It greatly affects the treatment process.

If you're not dealing with CIRS you don't need to go to a Shoemaker doc