Pineapple

Hey guys- apologies if someone's brought this up before, but I was unable to find a thread specifically devoted to the topic.

Anyone know why pineapple is rated so high on the infographic?  I'm seeing in several places that it's got a ton of vitamin C, and a bunch of manganese as well. But they're high enough in sugar I would expect that to be offset a bit.

Could it be that because you don't eat the outside of it, organic/nonorganic isn't a big deal, or is there something else?

Men are undoubtedly more in danger from prosperity than adversity.  For when matters go smoothly, they flatter themselves, and are intoxicated by their success.  ~John Calvin

Tagged:

Comments

• And its ridiculously fucking delicious.
  • What's the fructose/benefit trade off here... Does anybody see this fitting into a BP regimen?

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

I'm doing 30 pineapples a day.

GET ON MY LEVEL.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• I'm doing 30 pineapples a day.

GET ON MY LEVEL.

I am guessing you will smell awesome

I am guessing you will smell awesome

No, but my insulin pump is pretty stylish.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

• Good enough for me.  Time to start eating a few more of those things...

Men are undoubtedly more in danger from prosperity than adversity.  For when matters go smoothly, they flatter themselves, and are intoxicated by their success.  ~John Calvin

• Post work out?

After a workout, eat five pineapples.

Actually...I remember reading that large amounts of Vitamin C right after a workout aren't a good idea.  Or, for that matter, any kind of antioxidants.

Dude, I had some pineapple in my smoothie today. SOOO GOOD.

• Pineapple: Never in moderation.

edited August 2014

I'm not sure what constitutes a Bulletproof serving of pineapple (I don't weigh my food, so 165 grams doesn't really mean anything to me. Perhaps I should start using that kitchen scale that's been gathering dust...). A few rings, maybe? A sixth of a whole pineapple, or less? Shit, who knows. What I DO know is that, combined with a serving of blueberries, my fatty breakfast smoothie practically tasted like a dessert, but had dramatically less carbs than pretty much any smoothie you'd get at a shop or restaurant. And I didn't even add that much of the pineapple. Maybe like 2 rings' worth. Pineapple is so awesome. I don't know why I thought it was an un-BP fruit. I find that fruits taste a lot sweeter to me when I eat BP. I can actually appreciate their flavors when I'm not binging on Oreos and other BS, and I don't have to use loads to sweeten things up.

• I'm not sure what constitutes a Bulletproof serving of pineapple (I don't weigh my food, so 165 grams doesn't really mean anything to me. Perhaps I should start using that kitchen scale that's been gathering dust...). A few rings, maybe? A sixth of a whole pineapple, or less? Shit, who knows. What I DO know is that, combined with a serving of blueberries, my fatty breakfast smoothie practically tasted like a dessert, but had dramatically less carbs than pretty much any smoothie you'd get at a shop or restaurant. And I didn't even add that much of the pineapple. Maybe like 2 rings' worth. Pineapple is so awesome. I don't know why I thought it was an un-BP fruit. I find that fruits taste a lot sweeter to me when I eat BP. I can actually appreciate their flavors when I'm not binging on Oreos and other BS, and I don't have to use loads to sweeten things up.

I know what you mean.  One of my friends bit into a peach and complained that it was unripe/sour.  I grabbed it, and it tasted like candy.  So awesome.