Onnit "caveman Coffee"

Don't know how new this is, but I found it on Onnit's website earlier today:

https://www.onnit.com/onnit-coffee-caveman-colombian-amber/

I figured they'd have their own brand of coffee after a while for a number of reasons.  Kinda rude to throw the bit on there about wet processing minimizing mold toxins after Joe Rogan threw his big fit about 'em.

Probably a really good choice for coffee, though.  I wouldn't mind seeing some research on toxin levels in this stuff compared to Starbucks and Bulletproof.

Men are undoubtedly more in danger from prosperity than adversity.  For when matters go smoothly, they flatter themselves, and are intoxicated by their success.  ~John Calvin

Tagged:

Comments

• SystemSystem mod
    edited August 2014

Does Onnit even carry any truly great products, or is the company just a really great marketer? There are so many nootropics out there that are better than AlphaBrain. The same can be said about Hemp Force. By comparison, a lot of Dave's products are a homerun.

Oh, and the Dolce Diet, of which Onnit is a strong advocate, is a joke.

• Props to them for doing the Alpha Brain study, anyway.  I think if AB were cheaper, it would be a better deal.  Then again, these are the people that can triple the price on coconut oil and make you think it's worth it.

Men are undoubtedly more in danger from prosperity than adversity.  For when matters go smoothly, they flatter themselves, and are intoxicated by their success.  ~John Calvin

• Outstanding marketer - they sell a lot of good products but charge too much for them.

Alpha Brain is garbage.  Horrible choice for a beginner regardless of the price tag.

Does Onnit even carry any truly great products, or is the company just a really great marketer? There are so many nootropics out there that are better than AlphaBrain. The same can be said about Hemp Force. By comparison, a lot of Dave's products are a homerun.

Oh, and the Dolce Diet, of which Onnit is a strong advocate, is a joke.

• there's a massive thread on it. Use the search.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred
    There s also the fact that they are relatively new and don't have the market foothold that the bigger companies you are probably price matching their products to have. Then again I've never bought their products and probably never will because of the exact same reasons you aren't.

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• Well it doesn't take much to realize they priced Caveman Coffee to exactly match Upgraded Coffee. I don't know how much coffee Dave moves every month, but I wouldn't consider him a "big" company, despite being pretty much the only guy in the business purely for performance.

• Their kettlebells are attractive. 

• Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭

there's a massive thread on it. Use the search.

It's cool that you're a genuine MMA fighter. Does the Bulletproof lifestyle give you an edge?

• The one difference that I see is that while they wet process beans, they do not list anything about the elevation that the coffee is grown at. From Dave (and my own reading from other coffee blogs), higher elevation DOES matter. This looks to me to be a 'good, but not great' alternative to Upgraded Coffee, and at the same price I'm not in any hurry to try it.

• Their kettlebells are attractive. 

They're very attractive

Freelance Wordpress developer and wannabe powerlifter
    carlaiau.com

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    ^ both correct grammar :p